(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

The JJP hate is here is so freaking ridiculous... If you don't like their pins, don't buy one... It's really not complicated, yet we have several threads where all people are doing is bashing the brand and whining about how expensive they are, and blah blah blah... My two favorite pins in my measly little collection are, by far, my two JJP pins and I can't wait to purchase whatever JJP comes up with for Wonka. Seems like most of the complaining is about cost... Well you either can afford it or you can't and whining about it isn't going to change anything. JJP makes a very quality machine and provides great customer service behind the sale. I'm not going to bash any other maker either, Stern makes a solid machine as well.
    Yeah I know I'm new around here and I expect to take some heat for this comment but seriously people...
    Jeff

Not just JJP hate threads on here..might be all you're reading currently......I think to blatantly say "I would buy anything JJP or Stern makes" is sort of a recipe for disaster. Truth is, I like some from both, dislike some from both. YBR is just unfortunate, for whatever reason they decided to do it.....

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

That was over a week before TPF. All signs of Pirates FS are near gone. All his games were sold at the show his booth was amazing. Not looking to prove you wrong just stating this game is all but gone for a while and I’m glad I got one.

Have no clue on how many were made, sold, etc. But CE's are available as of yesterday from distros. This I know (personally thought about it, but ultimately passed).

Ultimately, if there is demand, another version will be released down the road. No reason to think otherwise based on past history.

Hype, collectivity, etc. go w these games. With YBR, we are further reminded there is no such thing as " limited" regarding a retool w JJP.

I've never seen Stern remake an LE, and doubt they will. Just their business model. "VE" is the path for them w remakes.

Not saying either way is right or wrong..Just think YBR definitely sent some worrysome signals to anyone paying attention.

#360 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Agree, he states he can back everything up "110%" so please do so as if this can't be backed up then everything else stated is subjective!

No need to call the guy names. Maybe what he's saying is fact but again we don't know this. A lot of stuff on Pinside is people giving opinions. DR is stating he can back everything up so lets see if it's true!

I think (don't read the entirety of any of those posts) he was targeting "x" amount of downvotes.....so maybe he IS winning (what he's winning I'm unclear of)

Crazy stuff...

#382 5 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Ya winning at being an ass clown....

too funny!!!

#430 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image][quoted image]

This would be correct. Doesn't minimize Ice's points, as I believe they are valid, but time to move on to a new horse to beat.... (someone insert the .gif please, can't find it currently)....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.