(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DBLM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#357 5 years ago

This is how I imagine Dr Frightner is when he logs into Pinside

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #369 5 years ago

We need to separate what knowledgeable Pinside people will spend on a pin (regardless of income) vs what a rich non-Pinside person will spend. Pinside people are looking at a new version with less stuff for more money and laughing. That is the gift of knowledge and being part of the hobby. As for stupid rich people (however you want to put emphasis and punctuation on those 3 words) they will do whatever they want. That is the prerogative of the rich.

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Seriously I'm wasting my time its like talking to a wall. Yes what I said was a fact not an opinion.
    As I clearly explained you fall into a group of buy, sell, trade. If you go into one of these high end showrooms they'll ask $15,000 for an Adams Family. Would I ever pay that NO, would you YOU, NO! Neither one of us are that stupid. I already posted here another fact, that a high end store I know about sold two Pirates a few weeks ago, both for $12,500.00 each. In case you're not aware those LE are $9500 on JJP website. This same store also has a RUG from Turkey or Iran or something, they're asking 1 million dollars. The salesman told me they turned down a $600,000 offer on it... I asked what would it take they said probably $700,000 . Yeah for a freaking RUG!
    This exactly retail store told me they will price the YBR at $15 to 18k.
    1) They rope off the game, and tell you its super limited, very special edition game. Which it is technically.
    2) They offer things you don't get typically, 1 year warranty, they come to your house to fix it, they offer delivery and what they call WHITE GLOVE installation. This same store I'm talking about sold a Guardians of the Galaxy Pro for $8500 with the same treatment. I know because I bought the game from that lady for $4800 bucks. I got all the paperwork.
    There are retail stores like this all over the place. People with a lot of money like the services such as white glove install, warranty, etc.
    Why do you find this so hard to understand? I'm not making it up what reason do I have to do that... NONE!
    3) Yes JJP has essentially already sold every single unit they're making. This is FACT! They only worked with their retail outlets and as you heard Jack say they're not offer the game for sale. Why do you think that is? The retail outlets bought them all already. I'm NOT saying those games are sold to customers, rather the retail outlets have already claimed like 90% of them already, and probably within the next 14 days they'll all be gone.
    So all the haters who said no one will ever buy are dead wrong... those retail outlets already have waiting lists for games like WOZ and Adams Family two miles long. I can promise you the amount they made was probably based on how many their outlets committed to upon shipment.
    Nothing Im' saying is wrong so if you don't want to believe fine, you probably also think USA landing on the moon is a hoax. LOL
    You act like I'm saying JJP sold 10,003 copies, and they magically made them by working two long days. I mean get real. Deal with facts or don't I don't care.

Nobody cares what the high end place charges as part of this conversation because it does not have any bearing on the amount of money that JJP makes off these games. JJP is still getting their wholesale price, which is much less than 15-18k because JJP is retailing the game through regular distributors for 11.5k. I think what most people are saying is that this represents a cash grab for JJP by selling less game for more money, or represents that JJP is using this as a way to raise cash.

#385 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Sure but then why would JJP release YBR at a pinball enthusiast seminar filled with pinsiders? Someone did not think this through.
    +1 to Stern here for releasing BKSOR a couple of days after show. Something JJP should have considered.
    Instead, JJP trips over themselves leaving a wake of confusion just weeks before WW. They couldn’t have worse timing if they tried.

JJP”s marketing strategy is a mystery. If only there was a marketing guru/pinball aficionado they could work with...

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

The debate on what someone pays for the game thru those retail outlets is being doubted. Those people clearly are stuck in the pinside bubble. You're right JJP is going to get their price, and those high end retailers will get what they can sell it for. You're 110% correct, but people will sell the game for the prices I listed.
    JJP made more games because their retailers are asking for more of the games. Those places have waiting lists for that game which is why they did it... as for a cash grab who cares? Didn't Stern make new versions of ACDC who cares. That has nothing to do with anything. JJP has bills just like everyone else this is America right?
    Who cares if they do the cash grab for every game they have... if there is demand and you can pre-sell them why not. Nothing wrong with that.

Not going to disagree with anything in this post. I am sure some shops are going to price thins high and put the white glove treatment in place. I think some are question the wait lists based upon current available inventory and the fact that this allotment did not go all to specialty retail.

#504 5 years ago

Still not as many words as Dr Frightner

#526 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

He isnt allowed back here for 2 days so its going to be peaceful around here and thats a FACT.

He is using this time collecting FACTS and writing manifestos to spring on us. Prepare yourselves, brother!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DBLM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf?tu=DBLM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.