(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg
    There are 602 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
    #451 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

In the market for $1M rugs and came across this thread. Very lucky too cause I like collecting pinball machines and putting them on my rugs. YBR was poorly planned and executed. Target audience are rubes who wipe their butts with Benjamin’s. One thing is certain ...
    Willy Wonka better be FCKNG Amazing! I’m expecting a Broadway style reveal and full court media press to follow release.

Reveal will be at MGC April 12. I'll live stream to twitch from my phone if someone isn't already doing it.

#452 5 years ago
    occ_meme (resized).jpgocc_meme (resized).jpg
    #453 5 years ago

Since it will probably be named after the movie (like the slots) I propose WWCF for the new Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory machine.

wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpegwonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    #454 5 years ago
    Quoted from anathematize:

just like the gold... both the diamond and platinum have ADDED features and more code than SeaWitch. and they are absurdly overpriced.
    WoZ YBR has REMOVED a marquee feature and has the same code. and its absurdly overpriced.
    make sense?
    and JJP still has inexcusable QA issues direct from the factory that has customers breaking out soldering irons for their NIB $9000 toy. bash on Stern all you want - they have their issues too - but they are not even close to the same level as JJP's problems. and yes. that is the price of innovation. we all understand that.
    take a step back for a second and try to have an objective opinion. all the white knighting for this company is just crazy. its a business... not your friend.

Personally, I've had zero issues with my DI and Hobbit, other than the ramp flaps curling. I had no issues with woz either, though I think previous owner replaced a few light boards. I've had similar experience with stern, nothing serious, minor adjustments here and there. Cgc similar experience. Problems on pinside tend to get overblown, many are legit, but it's clustered.

#455 5 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Since it will probably be named after the movie (like the slots) I propose WWCF for the new Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory machine.
    [quoted image]

WWCF is what I'm gonna go with too lol

#456 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

WWCF is what I'm gonna go with too lol

Then in twenty years when the Tim Burton version come out it will be CCF like the book and Burton movie (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and will not conflict with WWCF

#457 5 years ago

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png

MAYBE, BUT JJP ARE PLANNING ON MAKING MORE RR EDITIONS IN THE FUTURE WITH THIS 'DEFECTIVE' MECH INCLUDED! THIS MAKES NO SENSE!

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

[quoted image]
    MAYBE, BUT JJP ARE PLANNING ON MAKING MORE RR EDITIONS IN THE FUTURE WITH THIS 'DEFECTIVE' MECH INCLUDED! THIS MAKES NO SENSE!

Poor monkeys, never getting the respect they deserve. Even they know ... selling more RR next year increases sales.

#459 5 years ago

Poor monkeys, never getting the respect they deserve. Even they know ... selling more RR next year increases sales.

I have no problem with JJP making money, re-releasing WOZ forever in different versions and raising prices. This is not my gripe.

My issue is that you can't remove a mech for the reason of it being defective for one version of a pin (YBR) and then release the 'defective' part in another version of the pin (future RR). Then leads to the absurdity of JJP admitting they are putting defective parts into new pinball machines. This is nuts. Only other option is they go down the path of stating that the monkey mech is not defective and that they removed it for another reason.

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jeez, JJP pins are heavier and the cabinets don't crack at the corners unlike countless Sterns that weigh 100lbs less. Why is that? Please tell me.
    Have fun buying corner brackets and then noticing that they can't be screwed in well due to the lower quality of wood recent Stern cabinets have. Yeah, JJP destroys Stern in build quality. I also expect there to be more tweaking in a JJP as there's far more in them. Want nothing to go wrong? Buy a Star Wars pro or Iron Maiden Pro as there's not a single toy that interacts with the ball in either.

Jack, is that you?

#461 5 years ago

So what do we call the sequel machine: Snowpiercer?

#462 5 years ago

Love the American Chopper image... now that was funny. Its pinball make a joke, laugh, and just have fun love it or hate it.

Funny!

#463 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP is getting beat up over YBR in this thread more then the crap Stern pulled with Beatles Platinum and Diamond. Both of those games cost $2500 - $8500 more then YBR and come with 1/4 as many featues, half the build quality and 1/10 of the code (that's being generous). All 3 of those games are way over priced but if you want to talk about offering 0 value with a cash grab game look at Stern.

Also, I guess who cares about YBR, and Beatles Platinum / Diamond type games. Pinside and the average pinball owner is not the target audience for those games.

Yes, YBR is a cash crab but it's not JJP's next flagship game, doesn't represent their new pricing all of a sudden, and for the love of pinball it doesn't mean JJP is hurting for money. Time to move on.

YES I agree!! And you know what you told the truth you got some down votes... why do you think that is? THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

LOL!

And Mr, Iceman seriously I know a few good hospitals you can check yourself into! I think you're having a complete MELTDOWN and that isn't good for someone made from ICE! You know what I mean? Get back to the freezer man before its to late. Remember Frosty almost melted looking for a friend and Santa had to save him. Should we call Santa before it's to late. Up to you man!

#464 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Jack, is that you?

No. Jack doesn't post much. He never hides his ID when he does.

LTG : )

#465 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

I have no problem with JJP making money, re-releasing WOZ forever in different versions and raising prices. This is not my gripe.
    My issue is that you can't remove a mech for the reason of it being defective for one version of a pin (YBR) and then release the 'defective' part in another version of the pin (future RR). Then leads to the absurdity of JJP admitting they are putting defective parts into new pinball machines. This is nuts. Only other option is they go down the path of stating that the monkey mech is not defective and that they removed it for another reason.

The term defective was not what JJP used. In another interview the concept was explained as removing assemblies with less reliability than acceptable. So that would mean some amount of time if the monkey doesn’t fire on a hit, that would be counted and some number is unacceptable. Your argument is still valid - what’s unacceptable one day couldn’t be acceptable the next. So Jack would not be able to rerun RR or any previous models.

JJP’s response is suspect, I don’t think there are any reliability problems with the monkey as verified here by many with old, outdated versions of WOZ. Hell, LTG would be going bananas by now if that were the case. Better to close the books on WOZ after YBR, along with Hobbit, POTC and soon Dialed In. JJP needs to and will stand on their upcoming work. Once they have worked through those games, they can always rerun some of their retired classics.

#466 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

YES I agree!! And you know what you told the truth you got some down votes... why do you think that is? THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
    LOL!
    And Mr, Iceman seriously I know a few good hospitals you can check yourself into! I think you're having a complete MELTDOWN and that isn't good for someone made from ICE! You know what I mean? Get back to the freezer man before its to late. Remember Frosty almost melted looking for a friend and Santa had to save him. Should we call Santa before it's to late. Up to you man!

You don’t know me very well then Dr!

It’s ironic that you of all people are talking about meltdowns

Thx for the laugh Guinness. Freaking hilarious

#467 5 years ago

A little monkey music for your pleasure...

#468 5 years ago

JJP cabinet issues? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/23#post-3255689 is in the middle of multiple posts and reports.

It's amazing that anyone would think issues only happen to certain manufacturers. There was lots of CGC hate around too a few times in recent history. I think all three are typically quality manufacturers but with some significant mis-steps from time to time.

#469 5 years ago

Who would've thought in the span of 6 months, two pinball machines from two different manufacturers would have monkey controversies?

#470 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

Who would've thought in the span of 6 months, two pinball machines from two different manufacturers would have monkey controversies?

Who would have thought JJP would ever have a worse reveal than DI

#471 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Jack, is that you?

Gary is this you?

#472 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Jack, is that you?

Quoted from Skyemont:

Gary is this you?

#473 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Hah or that their takaway from their POTC release debacle would be to get to the drawing board and remove mechs for their next release!

‘Cause we love us a good mech removal. It’s when the dreams of pinball designers die, that’s what us pinball enthusiasts love the most.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Do you just sit around day wondering "how can I crap on JJP next"? Lol

#475 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I love JJP and love pinball but am honest when something is not good. I’m keeping fingers crossed that the Wonka reveal is stellar and completely free from mech removal talk.

#476 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You don’t know me very well then Dr!

I know you're having a meltdown and you're made of ice. Your handle is ICEMAN so I'm taking you at your word you're a man made of ice. If you have a meltdown that can't be good. What else do I need to know? I'm worried about your health. Hey we do finally agree on something that image was funny.

#477 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I know you're having a meltdown and you're made of ice. Your handle is ICEMAN so I'm taking you at your word you're a man made of ice. If you have a meltdown that can't be good. What else do I need to know? I'm worried about your health.

So this is creepy..

Where's the link to the 15k+ YBR...

FACT!!!

#478 5 years ago

The term defective was not what JJP used. In another interview the concept was explained as removing assemblies with less reliability than acceptable. So that would mean some amount of time if the monkey doesn’t fire on a hit, that would be counted and some number is unacceptable. Your argument is still valid - what’s unacceptable one day couldn’t be acceptable the next. So Jack would not be able to rerun RR or any previous models.
    JJP’s response is suspect, I don’t think there are any reliability problems with the monkey as verified here by many with old, outdated versions of WOZ. Hell, LTG would be going bananas by now if that were the case. Better to close the books on WOZ after YBR, along with Hobbit, POTC and soon Dialed In. JJP needs to and will stand on their upcoming work. Once they have worked through those games, they can always rerun some of their retired classics.

Not sure if the pun was intended; however, I laughed out loud at the line about going "bananas" over the notion of a defective monkey mechanism. What I've learned in this thread is that removing a monkey may or may not make some money.

As for the comments about the cost of JJP having located its facility in NJ, I wish to point out that the factory is located in a revitalized economic zone which enjoys special, considerable tax benefits (e.g. tax rate on JJP's products picked up on location enjoy a 50% reduced tax rate). The Garden State offers businesses, like JJP, in this region of southern NJ other economic incentives to have located its business there. Back in 2014, when I picked up my WOZECLE, after a 3 year preorder wait, Jack was extremely gracious to have shared with me the reasons underpinning his decision to build his plant at that particular South Jersey venue.

Incidentally, I heard a rumor that the Harry Potter pinball project was shelved, after Pinside learned that designers removed the Sn"ape."

#479 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannylite:

Show some mercy so we can continue to have variety please.

NO MERCY.

NO 9K PINBALL MACHINES.

#480 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Gary is this you?

No he's not Gary. I am Gary,

#481 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

No he's not Gary. I am Gary,

No, I am Sparticus.

#482 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

No, I am Sparticus.

No you are the one and only Bubblehead! Theres no one quite like our old buddy Bubblehead.

#483 5 years ago

When I was born, they broke the mold, but Mom said that was because I was 3 feet long and weighed 30 pounds...

#484 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

So tell us the name of this store.

aminis, they sell to the higher class of people. they have a pretty big selection of pinball machines but charge outrageous prices like the pinball company. I think a average terminator 2 is listed at about $5500. they supply the albert pujols, brett hulls, ozzie smiths of st. louis area.

#485 5 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

So this is creepy..

Where's the link to the 15k+ YBR...

FACT!!!

Maybe your brain dead or something, but those games aren't on display yet. DUH! Once it goes on display I will snag a picture and send it to you. I told you what its going to sell for because I was told that is what it will sell for. What don't you understand here... seriously can you read?

JJP is saying the game is $11,500.00 These high end retail locations offer services, like set up, warranty, delivery, and white glove treatment. And yes people pay it so what aren't you understanding?

I already explained but I'll explain it again since you're slow... I have a guardians pro, the lady I bought it from paid almost $9000 which including delivery, set up and warranty. How are you NOT understanding what I'm saying?

This same retail location sold two POTC two weeks ago for $12,500 each and if you're not aware those games listed for $9500.

These high end retail stores will jack the price up BIG LEAGUE and offer the services I've described. Not sure why you're doubting that!

I guess you think I'm just making this stuff up for the fun of it. The same exactly retail location, which btw has 4 other stores in other cities, told me they're going to be selling Black Knight LE for $12,500.00. Heck with that dude, I'm with you I WOULDN'T PAY that its nuts. Yeah I'm agreeing with you that its CRAZY but people are getting it .

You act like this is some kind of nutty comment I'm making, if so why did someone pay what 25,000 for a Beatles? WHY? Can you explain that one?

Beatles are iconic but WOZ is just as iconic, as there is NOTHING from the Beatles memorabilia that has sold at auction to the level of original WOZ. Dorthy's shoes sold for 6 million dollars, the Lion Costume just sold for 3 million dollars both fetching more than anything ever sold from the Beatles.

Look you may find it crazy, and I find it crazy but someone will pay that amount WHEN THE GAME hits the showroom floor. DUH!

#486 5 years ago

drfrightner - you have some good points in your posts (and a few that might be pushing it), but it’s really hard to see those points when you are condescending and insulting in almost every post.

Strip away all the vitriol and stop assuming everyone reading or posting here is an idiot. Facts and opinions play best straight up.

#488 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

LOL with JJP reveals you do not need to there is always a joke on every game. The trunk the phone the original playfield dragon the three year wait

#489 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

NO MERCY.
    NO 9K PINBALL MACHINES.

To posts in all caps it must be serious. Do you post on Rolex or Mercedes forums about other items that are too expensive and therefore you are not interested in?

#490 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

LOL with JJP reveals you do not need to there is always a joke on every game. The trunk the phone the original playfield dragon the three year wait

What are you even talking about? Your posts about JJP rarely if ever make sense. Again, are you just sitting on a toilet somewhere wondering "what can I complain about JJP next"?

#491 5 years ago

My current take on this thread: it stinks

#492 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What are you even talking about? Your posts about JJP rarely if ever make sense. Again, are you just sitting on a toilet somewhere wondering "what can I complain about JJP next"?

I have to sit on the toilet when talking about JJP as they churn my stomach you ask what to complain about next it's always price

#493 5 years ago

You know what I would love from JJP? A standard body pin with fewer toys, more simplistic, with a price tag that would match or undercut the market, say $5500?

Example: Could you imagine if Stern built TNA? Everyone would own one by now. The hype of that game alone was bigger than almost any game I can remember, but the production rate was so slow that the demand cooled off because so many pins hit the 2nd market. If that game had Sterns production rate, I'd find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have sold 5,000 units right away, and possibly more overall. The layout was simplistic, the ruleset of this game is ridiculously easy... nothing special about it until you turned it on and had that awesome music pumping and lightshow going. With the games turned off, if you compare TNA to any JJP pin, it's laughable as to which one looks more fun. Then when you turn them on and start to play them, the divide narrows.

JJP is starting to produce machines at a faster rate. The bang for the buck you're getting from a JJP machine is phenomenal! Packed with gadgets and toys and technology... makes your head spin. But we're all left waiting for the next JJP game while Stern is cranking out 3-6 pins a year. It's hard to stay motivated as a JJP fan when I keep getting side-tracked by Stern's latest and greatest game that's always $2000-$2500 cheaper NIB.

I want to see JJP do more than survive, I want to see them dominate. Their build quality is second-to-none. I think they could take over the market by reducing the cost and making games more simplistic.

#494 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

a wagging tail from The Mod Couple

Make it a prehensile tail that doubles as a drink holder and I'm in.

#495 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Example: Could you imagine if Stern built TNA? Everyone would own one by now. The hype of that game alone was bigger than almost any game I can remember, but the production rate was so slow that the demand cooled off because so many pins hit the 2nd market.

You’re right about this. I loved TNA and it was going to be my second pin. I didn’t get in because the deposit was large, non-refundable, and the wait substantial.

Since that time, more pins have come out and while I still like TNA a lot, I am spoiled for choice by so many great machines now.

#496 5 years ago

Personally I love the style in which the slots were done. The colors really pop to me.

20190324_092443 (resized).jpg20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    #497 5 years ago

How come every JJP thread devolves into a three sided piss fest that reminds me more of the Three Stooges, than the Three Amigos? Right now, if you lined all the manufacturers up for a race, pulled the trigger on the starting gun, here is what would happen...

Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen, and Welcome to Pinside Raceway, It’s Post Time- This is Bublehead your Master of Ceremonies coming to you live from sunny Arizona, the weather is clear, the track is dry, and that’s the bugle as our competitors make their way to the starting gate. There’s the Number 1 filly, a fine contender, Steve Richie’s BKSoR, being ridden today by Gary Stern. Gary has been known to take center stage when the chips are down, and today is no exception.

Ok, and now I see the next horse coming up to the gate, Jersey Jack’s Dark horse Entry, WOZYBR, being riden by none other than Jack himself, you got to love his passion for competition. Jack has said some things that are going to drive the fans wild, but his love of Chocolate, Axle Rose, and High End Toys has given the media pause for reflection.

Ok, here comes CGC and their newest 20 year old, MBr, but wait, ok, yes, I seems CGC had some problems with their LE thouroughbred and had to substitute the CE yearling with a color chip upgrade... that is really going to impact their chances of winning here today.

Our next rider has been having some trouble with his mount, I can’t see, wait, yes, yes, it is API, seems they got their music and monkey issues ironed out and yes , here he is Oktoberfest, being riden by his original Jockey, Castrated Monkey, you got to respect the balls on Mr. Monkey for showing up here today.

Our next contestant is making their way to the chute... I can’t see the jockeys colors, wait, its white and pink silks with rainbow checkered chaps, yes it is the Multimophic entry, Lexy Lightspeed riding the mighty P3 steed. Boy there is a horse of a differnt color for you for sure.

Bringing up the rear, the final entries are making their way now to the gate... some of these horses I think were entered because this is a Claiming race, we have Dutch Pinball’s entry, The Big Lewbowski, unfortunately he looks a little lame today, he’s been favouring that left front foot that keeps ending up in someone elses mouth on a pretty regular basis.

Looks like a couple of others are struggling with their mounts in the chute, Homepin’s jockey is kicking the other jockeys and screaming “My mount is fun!” To anyone who will listen. His horse, TBag, however, seems to be living up to his well deserved name.

The last four entries are being forced into the shutes now, they are having dificulty getting The Jetsons, a non discript 2 year old to settle down in his gate, as well as Kingpin and The Mafia who have been shooting smoldering glances at each other and pantomiming throat cuts all morning.

Your final horse, ACNC, the latest mare from Spooky Farms decided to skip this race and play a game of TNA instead, probably a better use of their time as they are happy right where they are.

And there’s the bell and they are off!

JJP has jumped out to an amazing lead, Jack is really setting the pace this morning, followed closely by Gary on the outside, and CGC, with their Jockey Ryan bringing up the rear. The rest of the field is settling in for a decent afternoon run.

Jack has now pulled ahead, but he is facing some strong POTC headwinds as he rounds the first turn, CGC is nipping at his heals, and Gary has pulled in behind on the rail, followed by API, that Oktoberfest filly is really catching a stride.

The rest of the field is struggling to keep up the pace, but Labowski keeps chomping at his bit and DP is having trouble keeping him on the track. Mafia and Kingpin have broken out the handguns and the lead has started to fly... Watch it folks these guys are playing for blood.

Rounding the back turn, WOZYBR has been spooked by a flying monkey, and has turned and headed the wrong direction.. Gary has started whipping BKSoR like a red headed stepchild, and Ryan, on his 20 year old has been fading fast, falling behind by 160 lengths.

Mafia and Kingpin have given up completely, dismounting in the infield and breaking out switchblades, they are literaly at each others throats.

The Pinball Company has continued to not spare the whip as it brings up the rear, The Jetsons is just to much a vanilla flavored dark horse to actually compete. My gosh what fun.

Jack has finally got conrol of WOZYBR and turned her around and got her headed back in the right direction, but that u-turn reveal sure cost him the lead. Gary has seen the cracks in the veneer of that old yellow paint, and has redoubled his efforts, releasing a torrent of titles in hopes to put Jack and his aging steed finally out to pasture.

But don’t tear those tickets up just yet folks, Oktoberfest has finally caught his wind and is coming on strong from the inside rail. That monkey is whipping that poor stud so fast you cant even see where his hand is, how ironic.

As they round the final turn, its Gary out in front, Jersey Jack coming hard from the outside, and Ryan has his customers convinced the quality of the LE is worth waiting on and has MBrCE pushing for a photo finish...

Multimorphic has been hanging on by Lexy’s pink silks but a public cry of “Mhe” rings out from the crowd as she takes the forth turn and heads for home.

They are pounding for the end now, steel balls and rubber rings a flyin’, as each Jockey positions for a chance at that finish line. It’s neck and neck ladies and gentlemen, you can see the flashing siver of Gary’s mane as the pulsing vein in Jacks forhead swells with each thrash of the whip. Ryan has broken out his cell phone and is taking another call from an angry MBrLE customer, as Multimophic continues to try and be relevant. Oktoberfest has overcome his earlier mis-“handling” and is charging for finish.

Its Gary, its Jack, it’s CGC, its API... down to the wire and it’s...

Holy freaking COW!!! Ladies and Gentlman, Alien has broken through the club house gates and has started consuming the other contestants... He just bit the head of BKSoR and threw Oktoberfest into the stands, oh my god the carnage... Jack has dismounted and is running for the infield... Ooow! That’s got to hurt, can we get a medic to the infield please? Now it has Gary by his magnificent silver hair and, oh, I didn’t know an eyeball could do that... I’m sorry ladies, and gentlemen, this is just too much, oh the humanity, I am afriad I have to stop, this is just too awful....

<mike drop>...

#498 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

How come every JJP thread devolves into a three sided piss fest that reminds me more of the Three Stooges, than the Three Amigos? Right now, if you lined all the manufacturers up for a race, pulled the trigger on the starting gun, here is what would happen...
    Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen, and Welcome to Pinside Raceway, It’s Post Time- This is Bublehead your Master of Ceremonies coming to you live from sunny Arizona, the weather is clear, the track is dry, and that’s the bugle as our competitors make their way to the starting gate. There’s the Number 1 filly, a fine contender, Steve Richie’s BKSoR, being ridden today by Gary Stern. Gary has been know to take center stage when the chips are down, and today is no exception.
    Ok, and now I see the next horse coming up to the gate, Jersey Jack’s Dark horse Entry, WOZYBR, being riden by none other than Jack himself, you got to love his passion for competition. Jack has said some some things that are going to drive the fans wild, but his love of Chocolate, Axle Rose, and High End Toys has given the media pause for reflection.
    Ok, here comes CGC and their newest 20 year old, MBr, but wait, ok, yes, I seems CGC had some problems with their LE thouroughbred and had to substitute the CE yearling with a color chip upgrade... that is really going to impact their chances of winning here today.
    Our next rider has been having some trouble with his mount, I can’t see, wait, yes, yes, it is API, seems they got their music and monkey issues ironed out and yes , here he is Oktoberfest, being riden by his original Jockey, Castrated Monkey, you got to respect the balls on Mr. Monkey for showing up here today.
    Our next contestant is making their way to the chute... I can’t see the jockeys colors, wait, its white and pink silks with rainbow checkered chaps, yes it is the Multimophic entry, Lexy Lightspeed riding the mighty P3 steed. Boy there is a horse of a differnt color for you for sure.
    Bringing up the rear, the final entries are making their way now to the gate... some of these horses I think were entered because this is a Claiming race, we have Dutch Pinball’s entry, The Big Lewbowski, unfortunately he looks a little lame today, he’s been favouring that left front foot that keeps ending up in someone elses mouth on a pretty regular basis.
    Looks like a couple of others are struggling with their mounts in the chute, Homepin’s jockey is kicking the other jockeys and screaming “My mount is fun!” To anyone who will listen. His horse, TBag, however, seems to be living up to his well deserved name.
    The last four entries are being forced into the shutes now, they are having dificulty getting The Jetsons, a non discript 2 year old to settle down in his gate, as well as Kingpin and The Mafia who have been shooting smoldering glances at each other and pantomiming throat cuts all morning.
    Your final horse, ACNC, the latest mare from Spooky Farms decided to skip this race and play a game of TNA instead, probably a better use of their time as they are happy right where they are.
    JJP has jumped out to an amazing lead, Jack is really setting the pace this morning, followed closely by Gary on the outside, and CGC, with their Jockey Ryan bringing up the rear. The rest of the field is settling in for a decent afternoon run.
    Jack has now pulled ahead, but he is facing some strong POTC headwinds as he rounds the first turn, CGC is nipping at his heals, and Gary has pulled in behind on the rail, followed by API, that Oktoberfest filly is really catching a stride.
    The rest of the field is struggling to keep up the pace, but Labowski keeps chomping at his bit and DP is having trouble keeping him on the track. Mafia and Kingpin have broken out the handguns and the lead has started to fly... Watch it folks these guys are playing for blood.
    Rounding the back turn, WOZYBR has been spooked by a flying monkey, and has turned and headed the wrong direction.. Gary has started whipping BKSoR like a red headed stepchild, and Ryan, on his 20 year old has been fading fast, falling behind by 160 lengths.
    Mafia and Kingpin have given up completely, dismounting in the infield and breaking out switchblades, they are literaly at each others throats.
    The Pinball Company has continued to not spare the whip as it brings up the rear, The Jetsons is just to much a vanilla flavored dark horse to actually compete. My gosh what fun.
    Jack has finally got conrol of WOZYBR and turned her around and got her headed back in the right direction, but that u-turn reveal sure cost him the lead. Gary has seen the cracks in the veneer of that old yellow paint, and has redoubled his efforts, releasing a torrent of titles in hopes to put Jack and his aging steed finally out to pasture.
    But don’t tear those tickets up just yet folks, Oktoberfest has finally caught his wind and is coming on strong from the inside rail. That monkey is whipping that poor stud so fast you cant even see where his hand is, how ironic.
    As they round the final turn, its Gary out in front, Jersey Jack coming hard from the outside, and Ryan has his customers convinced the quality of the LE is worth waiting on and has MBrCE pushing for a photo finish...
    Multimorphic has been hanging on by Lexy’s pink silks but a public cry of “Mhe” rings out from the crowd as she takes the forth turn and heads for home.
    They are pounding for the end now, steel balls and rubber rings a flyin’, as each Jockey positions for a chance at that finish line. It’s neck and neck ladies and gentlemen, you can see the flashing siver of Gary’s mane as the pulsing vein in Jacks forhead swells with each thrash of the whip. Ryan has broken out his cell phone and is taking another call from an angry MBrLE customer, as Multimophic continues to try an be relevant. Oktoberfest has overcome his earlier mis-“handling” and is charging for finish.
    Holy freaking COW!!! Ladies and Gentlman, Alien has broken through the club house gates and has started consuming the other contestants... He just bit the head of BKSoR and threw Oktoberfest into the stands, oh my god the carnage... Jack has dismounted and is running for the infield... Ooow! That’s got to hurt, can we get a medic to the infield please? Now it has Gary by his magnificinat silver hair and, oh, I didn’t know an eyeball could do that... I’m sorry ladies, and gentlemen, this is just too much, oh the humanity, I am afriad I have to stop, this is just too awful....
    &lt;mike drop&gt;...

Fantastic

#499 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen, and Welcome to Pinside Raceway, It’s Post Time- This is Bublehead your Master of Ceremonies coming to you live from sunny Arizona, the weather is clear, the track is dry, and that’s the bugle as our competitors make their way to the starting gate. There’s the Number 1 filly, a fine contender, Steve Richie’s BKSoR, being ridden today by Gary Stern. Gary has been know to take center stage when the chips are down, and today is no exception.
    Ok, and now I see the next horse coming up to the gate, Jersey Jack’s Dark horse Entry, WOZYBR, being riden by none other than Jack himself, you got to love his passion for competition. Jack has said some some things that are going to drive the fans wild, but his love of Chocolate, Axle Rose, and High End Toys has given the media pause for reflection.
    They are pounding for the end now, steel balls and rubber rings a flyin’, as each Jockey positions for a chance at that finish line. It’s neck and neck ladies and gentlemen, you can see the flashing siver of Gary’s mane as the pulsing vein in Jacks forhead swells with each thrash of the whip. Ryan has broken out his cell phone and is taking another call from an angry MBrLE customer, as Multimophic continues to try an be relevant. Oktoberfest has overcome his earlier mis-“handling” and is charging for finish.
    Holy freaking COW!!! Ladies and Gentlman, Alien has broken through the club house gates and has started consuming the other contestants... He just bit the head of BKSoR and threw Oktoberfest into the stands, oh my god the carnage... Jack has dismounted and is running for the infield... Ooow! That’s got to hurt, can we get a medic to the infield please? Now it has Gary by his magnificinat silver hair and, oh, I didn’t know an eyeball could do that... I’m sorry ladies, and gentlemen, this is just too much, oh the humanity, I am afriad I have to stop, this is just too awful....
    &lt;mike drop&gt;...

Bubblehead if you spent as much time playing pinball as you do writing these posts, you would be better than Kieth Elwin. lol

#500 5 years ago

This man needs his MBr LE lol

Quoted from Bublehead:

&lt;mike drop&gt;...

There are 602 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.