3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Boatcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

uhhh_(resized).jpg
    SurpriseNew_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I thought 2014 and 2013 were pretty nuts trying to manage my collecting habits, but then this year happened. Looking back over my notes, it turned out to be a crazy one. I truly hope not to repeat this next year! I simply don't have the space.

Anyway, since I had these notes compiled, I thought I'd share them. I definitely get a lot of help from folks in the hobby, so I can blame thank them too.

Inbound Games
    January

“300” – found at a local estate sale, where my ‘bid’ was surprisingly accepted.

February

Hit the Deck – purchased from an old-school operator locally.
      Sky Jump – traded the “300” for this.
      Surfer – traded the “Sky Jump” for this.

March

Golden Arrow – Alex picked this up for me in Illinois.
      Globe Trotter – got this from Alex to keep awhile, making its way to person who bought it from him.
      Daisy May – bought this along with Cow Poke and had shipped from east coast.
      Cow Poke – bought this along with Daisy May above.

April

King Pin – bought this from a collector in WI.
      Skill-Pool – bought from Craigslist ad out of state, had shipped in.

May

Rock Star – bought from a friend in NJ and had shipped in.
      Joker Poker (EM) – bought from person in NY and a friend of mine drove out to get it.
      EBD (original version) – bought from son of a collector in IL aling with Marble Queen, Hoov picked up.
      Marble Queen – bought along with EBD above.
      Capt. Card – bought from a collector in WI.

June

World's Fair Jig Saw – bought from Craigslist ad in IL, Hoov picked it up.
      Wizard – bought from local Craigslist ad, seller delivered it to my driveway!

July

Knock Out – followed an obscure lead and bought from out of state seller, had shipped in.

August

Hit 'N Run – saw it in the background of a Craigslist ad for a different game in WI, was able to purchase.
      World Fair – took in partial trade for restored Wizard.
      Gigi – traded a project Skill Roll.
      Teacher's Pet – purchased from local Craigslist ad. There’s this dude in WI who buys all these I get. 
      Sittin Pretty – bought this from local Craigslist ad after it languished for awhile.
      Fireball – bought this along with Royal Flush from a local Craigslist ad.
      Royal Flush – bought this along with Fireball (above).

September

Gusher – bought this from seller in WI, after getting lead from a generous Pinsider.
      Criss Cross – bought this from Hoov, after he bought it at an auction.
      Surfer – bought this from a collector in WI.
      Rainbo (’32 Keeney) – bought this from local Craigslist ad.

October

Strange World – bought this from local Craigslist ad. Seller also had a Jacks Open, which I passed.
      Quintette – bought this from eBay. Kinda. Had it shipped in from OH.
      Pyramid – bought from Craigslist ad in AR, had shipped in.
      Gemini – traded for this from a friend of mine.

November

Wagon Train – bought from a local after they mentioned it on Pinside.

December

Jungle Princess – bought from a Craigslist ad in IL, friend of mine picked it up and brought it here.
      Pioneer – bought from a local Craigslist ad.

Outbound Games

“300” (Feb)
      Sky Jump (Feb)
      Sittin Pretty (Mar)
      Dancing Dolls (Apr)
      Hi Diver (Apr)
      Golden Arrow (Apr)
      Lightning Ball (May)
      Nags (May)
      Roto Pool (May)
      Hit the Deck (May)
      Quick Draw (May)
      King Pin (May)
      Pioneer (May)
      King of Diamonds (May)
      EBD (June)
      Wizard (Aug)
      Gigi (Aug)
      Royal Flush (Aug)
      Globe Trotter (Oct)
      Hit ‘n Run (Oct)
      World Fair (Dec)
      Teacher’s Pet (Dec)
      Criss Cross (Dec)

(Plus another Teacher's Pet that I picked up for Alex and another Rock Star that passed through that I rebuilt for a friend of mine here...)

Pictures of most games current and past can be seen here if curious:
    http://www.pinballowners.com/dirtflipper

#2 3 years ago

Space...the curse of the hobby. ; )

You've certainly been wheelin'-and-a-dealin'! : )

I think it's nice you have time(or maybe not?) and ambition to keep track of everything besides working on your games AND helping the pinball community out here on Pinside. I really enjoy reading the thoroughness of your tech. help, so thank you from me.

Happy New Year.

#3 3 years ago

Fantastic year!

Going to be hard to top that.

Hope you find a grail game or two in 2016

And thanks for all the tech advice you offer

Helps keep my sanity

#4 3 years ago

Wow, you have been a busy boy. 2015 will be hard to top. Good notes. I wish I was that thorough.

Here's mine roughly. My theme seemed to be rescuing parts machines and project games for the most part.

Inbound:
    Pinch Hitter (married up a head and lower cab to make a project machine)
    Mills 1-2-3 parts machine
    Games Inc. Skill Race parts machine
    Golden Arrow - Pickup for Dirt
    1933 Baby Leland
    Firepower Project
    1966 Full House Project
    1965 Williams Teacher's Pet (2)
    Southland Little Pro - almost forgot

Outbound:
    Gottlieb Texan Sample game (rough project)
    Oh Boy (project game)
    Mills 1-2-3 (parts machine)
    Games Inc. Skill Race (parts machine)
    Golden Arrow
    Globe Trotter
    1960 Williams Serenade (dearly missed but went to a loving home)
    Pinch Hitter Project
    Firepower Project
    1966 Full House cleaned up and working
    1965 Williams Teacher's Pet (kept one, sold one) love it

I also sold a couple arcade games and trade stimulators. Everything in my game room currently has a place. I like when things are harmonious this way but who knows what 2016 holds in store. There always seems to be another game to shake things up.

#5 3 years ago

All I can say is that's one tolerant wife. Mine has a bird every time I adopt a new game

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

.....found at a local estate sale, where my ‘bid’ was surprisingly accepted.

That in itself is amazing, as these estate sale people invariably believe that pinball machine = gold mine.

#7 3 years ago

Wow do I feel like a lazy Pinsider. Haha Well in 2015 I PLAYED a lot of pinball anyway.

#8 3 years ago

I bought 2 EMs and one of them even works, so I guess you could say I had a pretty crazy year too.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Wow do I feel like a lazy Pinsider. Haha Well in 2015 I PLAYED a lot of pinball anyway.

Come on, I know you added at least a couple real nice machines.

#10 3 years ago

Not much activity here.

#11 3 years ago

What!? Probably on par with Dirt but you didn't keep track did you?

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

you didn't keep track did you?

No I didn't. 2014, 2015, I don't know. OK, I guess most of them came in within the last year and quite a few went away. That's all I know about that.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

estate sale people invariably believe that pinball machine = gold mine.

Yup, and antique shops too. I think they price things by the pound!!!
    any way, all I did this year, was put a multi game bowler head "1963 Deluxe Clipper"on a single game bottom, "United Classic",
    and made it work as a single game bowler... crickets? ... c'mon, thats gotta be worth at least a gud job man...???...
    OK, I did more wishin then Dirt did flippin! Nice list !

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from bintzknocker:

All I can say is that's one tolerant wife. Mine has a bird every time I adopt a new game

SurpriseNew_(resized).jpg

#15 3 years ago

I've had a busy year as well. It's been a good year for pin acquisitions. My brother is the record keeper. He would know all the specifics about what we've bought and sold this past year, but I've pretty much lost track! In the last 16 months or so, I've grabbed several woodrails. I started the year with a couple of woodies; "Hit 'n' Run", and "Ace High". I reluctantly sold a "Bowling Queen" at Pintastic, but I was recently able to find another one to replace it. (thanks, "Topcard"!) Got two "KOD"s and a "Diamond Jack". Sold a "Diamond Jack" to pinhead52 (Ken). Got a decent '57 "Royal Flush" which I got going pretty much immediately, and brought to the York show. Didn't pick up a game at that show, which is unusual for me. Was tempted by a nice "Kings & Queens", but I had to lay off; I bought one there last year! Found a "Gold Strike" and a "Free Fall" which was pretty ratty, except for the playfield, which is exceptionally nice. With everything I've accumulated, I can make an pretty nice one now. It's just finding the time... ach! Found a Williams "Rocket" with a backglass no one else has even seen before (dark blue background!), and scored a Williams "Dealer" too. There's probably others that I haven't mentioned.
    Need to sell off some more games though, it's just getting crazy here (but I like it!). Happy New Year everyone, and I hope you all get what you're looking for in 2016! BTW, my bride is awesome when it comes to my pinball obsession. She's not really into pins, but she understands my passion, and never gives me any grief about it. I'm really lucky in that regard. God bless!

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not much activity here.

You got that cherry "Frontiersman" (among others). That would make it for any self-respecting EM collector!

#17 3 years ago

If I did even a tenth of all that, Stern would make a new game in my honor and call it DIVORCED.

#18 3 years ago

DirtFlipper

Hollywood could do either a reality show on your adventures or make a movie...........

#19 3 years ago

.....and despite all of that activity DF you still found time to provide an extraordinary level of wisdom & support to so many engaged in this hobby. May 2016 bring you good health & prosperity.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

.....and despite all of that activity DF you still found time to provide an extraordinary level of wisdom & support to so many engaged in this hobby. May 2016 bring you good health & prosperity.

Well said wayner.......

#21 3 years ago

Yes we need DirtFlipper!

My year
    bought sold
    RollerCoaster Dec-13 Jan-15
    Atlantis2 Dec-15 Jan-15
    GrandSlam#5 Feb-15 Feb-15
    SkyJump2 Jan-15 Mar-15
    JetSpin May-15 May-15
    Domino** Feb-15 Jun-15
    TargetPool3 May-15 Jun-15
    Surfer Apr-14 Oct-15
    Target Alpha Sep-15 Dec-15
    Black Hole** Jan-15
    Dia Jack Jun-15
    OuterSpace Jul-15 (Killed)
    DropAcard Sep-15
    FlipperPool* Dec-15
    NorthStar* Aug-15
    KoD Sept 15 (headless, on life support)

Restoration/paint

RollerCoaster
    NorthStar #1
    NorthStar#2
    SlickChick
    Central Park
    Flipper Clown
    Flipper Cowboy
    KingofDiamonds #1
    KingofDiamonds #2
    Diamond Jack #1
    Diamond Jack #2
    Surfer
    NorthStar #3

Yea, busy year!

Ken

#22 3 years ago

I did a little
    Picked up 2 Wizards, one in Raleigh NC and another in Macon Ga. Separate trips, just looking for that perfect backglass. Sold one, having a repro playfield installed on the other.
    Bought an Atlantis not too far from home
    Bought a Bank A Ball, NAVL delivered it.
    Bought a Sing Along, NAVL delivered it. Purchased it for the backglass. I now have 2.
    Bought Spin Out, picked it up in Sarasota. The cleanest machine i ever purchased.

Sold Pretty Baby. Yuck! Didn't like it.

Hope to not buy any machines, just work on my collection.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I did a little
    Picked up 2 Wizards, one in Raleigh NC and another in Macon Ga. Separate trips, just looking for that perfect backglass. Sold one, having a repro playfield installed on the other.
    Bought an Atlantis not too far from home
    Bought a Bank A Ball, NAVL delivered it.
    Bought a Sing Along, NAVL delivered it. Purchased it for the backglass. I now have 2.
    Bought Spin Out, picked it up in Sarasota. The cleanest machine i ever purchased.
    Sold Pretty Baby. Yuck! Didn't like it.
    Hope to not buy any machines, just work on my collection.

With SingAlong glass being rerun by RW you should make out alright.

#24 3 years ago

The Sing Along backglass can't come soon enough. One of mine already has the Wade Krause playfield installed.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

The Sing Along backglass can't come soon enough. One of mine already has the Wade Krause playfield installed.

I did a total restore on a SA including a paint and the WK swap for a good buddy. That was a lot of work. Could only get ball transfer about 90%, needed new kicker assy which are hard to find.

He's waiting on a glass too. although his is not too bad..

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You got that cherry "Frontiersman" (among others). That would make it for any self-respecting EM collector!

That one takes in lots of nickels.

#27 3 years ago

As long as you hold on to 72 Fireball

#29 3 years ago

My em excitement for the year was a barn find. A friend and I split 20 pins. He bought the ten digitals, I bought the ten em's. Worked out for both of us.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

My em excitement for the year was a barn find. A friend and I split 20 pins. He bought the ten digitals, I bought the ten em's. Worked out for both of us.

tell us more! whacha get? (We all dream of a score like that)

#31 3 years ago

Palace Guard
    Stock Car
    See Saw
    Spanish Eyes
    Pat Hand
    Top Hand
    Super Star
    Blue Chip
    Big Ben
    Capt. Fantastic

Nothing too exciting, most went to friends.

#32 3 years ago

I started 2015 with 2 pins and ended up with 5 but one will need to go so I don't have to keep any games in storage.

EM pins in order of acquisition this year:

1949 United Mfg "Utah" - a CL pickup. My friend happened to be in the area and was able to bring it back for me.

1953 Williams Grand Champion - a "holy grail" game I'd been hunting for over 40 years because it was the first pin I bought as a teenager and broke my heart to lose back in 1970. Dirt Flipper remembered this and sent me a PM letting me know one was available on CL close enough for me to get and after an 11 hour round trip, it's in my collection where it'll never leave. I can't thank DirtFlipper enough for doing this.

1964 Williams Palooka - bought from o-din while passing through his area on vacation. It's a very fun and cool AAB.

Happy New Year and wishes for a joyous EM 2016 and thanks to all the Pinsiders that have helped me with my hobby.

Bruce

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

As long as you hold on to 72 Fireball

Uhhhh...

uhhh_(resized).jpg

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

thought 2014 and 2013 were pretty nuts trying to manage my collecting habits, but

You need a hobby!!!!

#35 3 years ago

Ahhh.....The years of 40-50 games in and 40-50 out. That's how most of the '90's went for me. Those days are done now as a 1000+ mile move, fragile back, etc, have all intervened, but those days were great.

I'm still delighted to help anyone technically if you'd like to call or email as I'm not in the forum every day. I always enjoyed answering tech posts in RGP until life got in the way. Thanks to DF who seemed to pick up my slack. Don't forget to use the query box at the top of the page for specific info on your machine problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 218.00
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 239.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 339.00
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 109.99
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 249.00
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside