image-596.jpg
image-470.jpg
image-262.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0133.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG
#1 9 years ago

While doing daily browsing a few days ago, I came across an "estate sale" thread. Pin listed, no name. I had missed the sale by three days, but figured I would email and see about it anyway.

Sure enough, guy says it's still around, tells me it's a Williams Pit Stop. I've been salivating over finding a cheap EM to pick up, and thought this might be a good find. Guy owned it for 20 years during which it was basically not used. I made him an offer of $150 without seeing it, and said I'd be over this morning to go over it.

Went over this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Backglass has a bit of wear - mostly around the 1st player "Laps" reel, and the topmost racer. Start button not circuited. Insides looked like they needed a good cleaning but all looked mostly fine. Rust was less than I expected having lived (what I think) most of it's life in a garage. Took me about 5 minutes to get the lever to give way and release the lockdown bar. That whole area is extremely rusted out. Very excited about the playfield on this. It needs work, but it's a fairly simple design and should touch up nicely. Haven't gone through hardly anything in detail at all.

Score reel works. Play count claims 25002....YEAH RIGHT.

All in all, gave the guy $175 and he threw in this wacko backglass that was sitting next to it.

IMG_0135.JPGIMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0132.JPGIMG_0132.JPG
IMG_0133.JPGIMG_0133.JPG
IMG_0131.jpgIMG_0131.jpg

#2 9 years ago

That's awesome! Can't wait to see how it looks after you fix it up.

#4 9 years ago

Nice score. The other backglass is for an EM bowler I think, one of those super-long ones.

#5 9 years ago

Great catch for the price! Enjoy!

Ken

#6 9 years ago

Nice! Have fun~SpOoKy

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

Does anyone own this game?

I'm looking for really quality, straight on photos of the cabinet and head.

This particular machines head and cabinet were repainted (which I didn't know before purchase but should have!) and I'm keen to repaint it back to original.

#8 9 years ago

So this is your first EM? I don't think I've ever played this one. Good find.

#9 9 years ago

It is. And I have to say it's cleaning up beautifully.

Decided to do a pretty thorough topical cleaning before the schematic arrives so I can hit the ground running with getting it fixed up. Here's a few shots:

image-262.jpgimage-262.jpg

image-470.jpgimage-470.jpg

Started just a tiny bit of cleaning the PF...can't wait to finish and see this thing shine.

image-596.jpgimage-596.jpg

#10 9 years ago

That'll clean up nice.

#11 9 years ago

Nice find! Looks like a fun game.

#12 9 years ago

Some Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will make that playfield look like new.

Mike O.

#13 9 years ago

robotoes - a friend of mine has one and will take pictures if you still need. would be next week as he is racing this weekend. you can just pm me.

1 week later
#15 9 years ago

Got this all cleaned up about a week ago and ready for mechanical cleaning and then testing...just a couple shots to show how lovely this game will be.

I think this one is gonna be taken pretty far. The plan is to move it into shop space after I'm done with my Space Invaders, and do a full restore on it. That way I'll have a slot for the Baby Pac I'm picking up!

cheers
a.

DSCF1429.JPGDSCF1429.JPG
DSCF1426.JPGDSCF1426.JPG

#16 9 years ago

#17 9 years ago

Very nice game. Wish I had one like that!

3 weeks later
#18 9 years ago

Cabinet pics

Pitstop2.jpgPitstop2.jpg Pitstop3.jpgPitstop3.jpg Pitstop1.jpgPitstop1.jpg
#19 9 years ago

That's quite a buy and you are bringing it up nicely. Good car race themes do not seem all that plentiful so you are fortunate.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-craigslist-score-of-the-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.