• Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0392.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HamsterHerder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I just got my new Whirlwind playfield. Took some shots of it.
Overall I am happy to have a new playfield after waiting so many years. But I can't help but feel it could have been a little better.

The registration and ink issues are fairly minor, the clearccoat looks good. What appears to be fractures or cracks in the surface of just about all the inserts is the real annoying part.

If you look close at the sales photos you can seem them on their web site. So I guess you can't say they tried to hide it. http://classicplayfields.com/photo126.html
The Pinbot playfield looks to have the same issues.

My photos definitely show it more clearly. http://pinballadventure.com/Pinball_adventure/Whirlwind_CPR_Playfield.html

Not sure what it will look like when back lit with lights. Have to wait and see.
I am still excited to have a new playfield to replace my beat one. But that is not going to be any time soon, hopefully next year.

IMG_0392.jpgIMG_0392.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Well get ready to scream. It is obvious they cherry picked the best playfield for the photos and then only used the ones that don't show the issue as bad. I suppose yours could be better or worse than mine.

#12 10 years ago

The playfield colors are fine in my eyes in person. My photos have been taken in a less then optimal light for that type of judgement.

#16 10 years ago

It is not worth the hassle of shipping back and shipping charges. I have learned over the years that that CPR stuff is hit or miss and that Kevin just doesn't really watch the quality of stuff that is going out the door.

My fourth product with a real issue and I am starting to get out of this hobby and don't need to buy more stuff from them.

I want CPR to succeed and have even helped with the latest revision of the EATPM plastics. But quality control issues are really bad.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

What is the cause of all of the fractures in the inserts? Do they come like that when they get them or is it caused by the install in to the playfield?

This is happening between the clear coat on the top of the insert. So either in surface of insert or in first few layers of clear.

I personally think it is stress fractures in the insert from being forced into the playfield opening because the hole was not cut to the right size. But it could be from the dimpling step as well I suppose. Not sure at what point that is done. Too much stress was put on the inserts at some point in my opinion.

Shipping excuse is bogus since it is in the product photos on the CPR site. Just not as bad as mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HamsterHerder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-cpr-whirlwind-playfield-photos?tu=HamsterHerder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.