Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Expo_2012_011.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

The count I heard as far as freeplay machines at York was 168 on Friday but I know there were a few less Saturday. I have never been to Expo but both York & Allentown are well worth attending.

I will say when you go to York jump into your vehicle and go get food off the Fairground. Lots of great places to eat with in a couple miles but food at Fairground is both high priced & not very good as far as I am concerned.

The best part of York is the relaxed feeling of that show. I wish the flea market was bigger and also wish there were move vendors inside but overall it is a great show.

Allentown seems to be more busy, more lines waiting to play a specific machine, etc. but the flea market is a nice size and food at Farmers Market is always great.

Nice thing is these two shows are about 6 months apart so it works out great. Expo always being a week or two after York makes it tough to hit both but don't underestimate York for a great place to play some pinball. If possible I always try to make Allentown & York. Next year I am going to try to hit all 3.

1 year later
    #26 8 years ago

I have never been to Expo but I have been to Allentown & York several times.

It is hard to really compare the two (both are great shows in their own way). Allentown seems like a much bigger show but I think that is mainly because Allentown has a much bigger flea market & more new parts vendors. As far as number of free play machines I thing Allentown is only about 20% bigger (at a guess).

Personally I like York better - feels more like home to me being a very relaxed show but I enjoy Allentown more. I know that sounds crazy but I like each show for different reasons.

Allentown has a GREAT flea market but freeplay area just seems too busy for me to enjoy and it is hard to beat the food at Allentown. York is a little smaller, nicer parking, and a more relaxed show but lacks the large flea market and great food within walking distance.

The nice thing is both are fairly close to home for me and they are 6 months apart so I am lucky enough to be able to attend both. If you can that would be my recommendation.

I have never been out to Clay's VFW but that sounds amazing. Something on my "bucket list" for sure!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-comparison-of-pinfest-york-and-expo-shows?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.