Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

smiley-2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, I don't have a strong feeling that Gary will stay in the business very much longer. The way they are churning out games feels like he is doing a money grab before he sells off the company.

So, by upping the quality of his product, upping his production, diversifying his product for the home collector (LE models), and actually securing licenses people want to play . . . you take from that that he is somehow doing a pump and dump when there are ZERO strategic entities that appear situated to want to acquire a pinball company.

That logic makes little sense to me . . .

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, just about any profitable business is attractive to some potential investors.

This is absolutly not correct. Nitch businesses with an international market that are labor intensive are challenging to liquidate . . . even more so when there is no one else really in the sector (JJP is still in start up phase and I would not count him - his own survival remains far from a certainty though we all wish him well).

Quoted from DCFAN:

Stern will turn 67 years old this month. How long do you think he will stay in pinball?

66 is not too old to do what he is doing; I assume he is healthy. Regardless, we don't know what type of debt is out there on Stern (as a company) that Gary may have personally guaranteed and need to continue to service through keeping operations running along . . . he could well be stuck in the company for the forseeable future. We don't know what we don't know . . . if you understand what I am saying there . . . and to assume he has an impending exit with no basis other than he is reving up his operations (which is a good thing for all of us) is just an odd assumption.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-brush-w-mr-jersey-jack-himself?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.