Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

smiley-2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shadow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago

Great story. Thanks for sharing. And seeing Gary Stern in ohare gives it a believe it or not quality.

Jack is truly a nice guy. He just likes people. Had a great visit with him at the Ohio show.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

What I like about Jack vs Gary is that Jack is optomistic about the future of pinball while Gary is a bit "doom & gloom". Gary comes off talking about a hobby that is dying and that pinball is lucky to still be made at all. Jack sees it as a resurgence and a (hopefully) growing hobby. This is my perspective on them.

Completely agree. I think Gary underestimated the potential growth in the home market and the attractiveness to that market of "premium" content games even at a premium price. JJP showed him the way and I am sure he was pushed by his investors. The year I toured Stern with Expo his message was "get out of your basements and play on location -- you're better than that." Fell pretty flat on tour group though they all want to support location games. Anyway, he was probably pretty close to shutting down that year -- there was almost no activity at the factory. But the investors saved him, JJP pushed him and he's still around. And in the end, that's good for pinball.

Jack is always optimistic and believes the whole pinball market can be grown. He's been great for pinball. He makes you feel good to be his customer. I think we are in the second Golden Age of Pinball.

Ramble over!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shadow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-brush-w-mr-jersey-jack-himself?tu=Shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.