• 108 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DaHammer12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7F1C9AE4-C98F-4945-92FD-C79DD46690C3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

If this post is not allowed, I completely understand.
I am devasted beyond words and I’m just asking that community here share his story.
A go fund me is linked below, even $5 would help, or just share it, it would mean a lot to me and my family.

He was my brother, working hard as he had all his storied life, cutting logs for his family just before dinner and was tragically killed by error.
The tree he was cutting jammed his chiainsaw, he then used his tractor to put pressure on the very large tree to free the saw and kickback occurred at lightning speed, it’s suspected he never saw it coming.

He leaves behind two younger kids and a wife. Marc was a diesel mechanic in the army, refuse business owner that drove roll off trucks and rubbish trucks (for our father too), drove cross country tractor trailer, did scrap metal, farming, worked as a carnival tractor trailer driver and ride mechanic, (there wasn’t much he couldn’t fix) was an excellent welder, delivered newspapers even, the guy never stopped working and rarely took time off. (He had also been logging ever since he was very young)

Thank you, and god bless.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/maine-logger-accident-marc-d-calcia-family?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
7F1C9AE4-C98F-4945-92FD-C79DD46690C3 (resized).jpeg7F1C9AE4-C98F-4945-92FD-C79DD46690C3 (resized).jpeg

#41 4 years ago

I can’t thank this community enough for your warm thoughts and donations.

I play league and pick up basketball and going tonight was very hard, but I needed to try and heal my mind a little bit.
I got emotional after I finished and came back to read the level of support from all of you, and all I can say is bless you all from the top and bottom of my heart, it means so much to us all. ❤️

#95 4 years ago

Thank you all, every single one, it means a lot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-brother-was-killed-in-a-logging-accident-?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.