• 108 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DaHammer12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7F1C9AE4-C98F-4945-92FD-C79DD46690C3 (resized).jpeg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

If this post is not allowed, I completely understand.
I am devasted beyond words and I’m just asking that community here share his story.
A go fund me is linked below, even $5 would help, or just share it, it would mean a lot to me and my family.

He was my brother, working hard as he had all his storied life, cutting logs for his family just before dinner and was tragically killed by error.
The tree he was cutting jammed his chiainsaw, he then used his tractor to put pressure on the very large tree to free the saw and kickback occurred at lightning speed, it’s suspected he never saw it coming.

He leaves behind two younger kids and a wife. Marc was a diesel mechanic in the army, refuse business owner that drove roll off trucks and rubbish trucks (for our father too), drove cross country tractor trailer, did scrap metal, farming, worked as a carnival tractor trailer driver and ride mechanic, (there wasn’t much he couldn’t fix) was an excellent welder, delivered newspapers even, the guy never stopped working and rarely took time off. (He had also been logging ever since he was very young)

Thank you, and god bless.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/maine-logger-accident-marc-d-calcia-family?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
7F1C9AE4-C98F-4945-92FD-C79DD46690C3 (resized).jpeg7F1C9AE4-C98F-4945-92FD-C79DD46690C3 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

Terrible news. I'm sorry your family lost a loved one.

LTG : (

#3 4 years ago

Oh man, there's just no words other than tragic and senseless. His family will look to you for help in whatever that may look like. Grieve together and heal together. My condolences.

#4 4 years ago

So sorry to hear about your brother.
I am always leery of cutting some trees as it is so dangerous. . . we burn a lot of wood in the winter.
Hopefully you and your family can find some peace in the days to come. . . thoughts an prayers go out to what looks and sounds like a really good guy.

#5 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.

#6 4 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this. I offer you, his wife, kids, and friends my sincere condolences.

#7 4 years ago

So very sorry for your loss.....

#8 4 years ago

Sorry, lost my brother recently. Tough stuff. Donated to gofundme. Hang in there.

#9 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss.

#10 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Lost my brother six years ago under tragic circumstances and unexpectedly as well.
I truly know what you are going through and I wish you and his family healing and peace in this time.

#11 4 years ago

I can't begin to imagine how you feel. Thoughts and prayers to you and his family.

#12 4 years ago

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss

#13 4 years ago

So, so sad. My condolences to your entire family.

#14 4 years ago

Dang man. Sorry.

#15 4 years ago

I can’t imagine all you’re going through now. I’m praying for your brother’s family and yours.

#16 4 years ago

I’m so sorry for your loss!!! My thoughts go out to you and your family.

#17 4 years ago

I fully understand you sharing that here, it is hard to keep a tragedy like that bottled up inside.

Sounds like your brother was a man that lived life to the fullest. So sorry he had to leave too soon.

#18 4 years ago

Sorry to hear of your loss.

#19 4 years ago

How terrible. Really sorry to hear it - that’s a hell of a job, logging. Best to the family .. my god.

#20 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Pinsiders recently helped when a local league player to me passed away. Shot a donation your way, hope you recover as best as possible as soon as possible.

#21 4 years ago

Very sorry for your loss, sending warm prayers to your family.

#22 4 years ago

Holy ___ ! I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with the family.

#23 4 years ago

That really sucks! So sorry for you, his family and all of his friends. Very sorry for you! I donated and hope you reach your goals.

#24 4 years ago

James, I am so very sorry for your loss.
My wife and I send you and your family our best wishes during this tragic time.
-Mike & Lynda

#25 4 years ago

My condolences, The loss of a brother or sister is so difficult especially too soon.

#26 4 years ago

You and your family are in my prayers. So sorry.

#27 4 years ago

My condolences James...

#28 4 years ago

Damn man, that's horrible and I'm so sorry for your family's loss. It's not a lot but I did chip in a bit to help his family out and of course it's okay to share it here with your pinball neighborhood.

#29 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss

#30 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. Donated as well.

#31 4 years ago

Oh man, that is just horrible. I'm so sorry. Day by day, and some will be bad, but hang tough, for everyone.

#32 4 years ago

It's always hard hearing about stuff like this. Sorry for your loss.

My sympathy to his wife & kids--I can't imagine what they're going through right now.

#33 4 years ago

That's terrible!!! I will make a donation

#34 4 years ago

Wow, I’m very sorry to hear this. No words indeed.

God bless your families during this time.

#35 4 years ago

Done a lot of tree work in my life. Built two log homes. I am familiar with the dangers but not loosing my Brother. Damn Man so sorry to hear this. God bless you and your family during this terrible tragedy.

#36 4 years ago

Sorry to hear that. Just did a Google search on his name and read about it.

#37 4 years ago

Very sorry to hear this. Lean on your friends (Pinside and others). Thoughts are with you all.

#38 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family

#39 4 years ago

Deepest condolences to you and your extended family. May you find peace in the upcoming days reflecting on what a dedicated and talented person he was.

#40 4 years ago

I am very sorry to hear about you and your family loosing a son/brother/husband/father, my deepest condolences.

Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

#41 4 years ago

I can’t thank this community enough for your warm thoughts and donations.

I play league and pick up basketball and going tonight was very hard, but I needed to try and heal my mind a little bit.
I got emotional after I finished and came back to read the level of support from all of you, and all I can say is bless you all from the top and bottom of my heart, it means so much to us all. ❤️

#42 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss- praying for you and your family.

#43 4 years ago

That’s crazy, you never know when your time is up. My deepest condolences and sympathy to you and the rest of your family.

#44 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss James, my heart goes out to you and your family. Be strong and hang in there.

#45 4 years ago

I am so sorry to read this. Seeing that picture makes it all too real. I feel for you man, this life is so short and precious. My prayers go out to you and your family.

#46 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss, we send our deepest sympathies to your family.

#47 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss and your family sorrow. PRAYERS>...

#48 4 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this. It awful enough that you lost
your brother, but I can't image what his kids are going through. Hang in there man.

#49 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Sad, sad news.

#50 4 years ago

i lost one of my good friends this exact way about 15 yrs ago. cutting trees down is sooo dangerous, people don't realize the weight and force behind them. something only the pros should be doing. So sorry for your loss. R.I.P.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-brother-was-killed-in-a-logging-accident- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.