Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yoshootme
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I was having an issue common to all with my TZ and the broken clock message. My TZ clock was working intermittently. I tried every fix I could find on the internet to no avail. I thought for once, darn it, I am stumped. I reached out to Ingo Kramer to try the German Clock boards he has developed. My results as follows.

I received the clock boards and they looked great. Very robust and manufactured nicely. Assembly was also a snap. Very easy to do. I reassembled the clock with these new boards. At first, the clock didn't work. I was still getting the intermittent failure. After reassessing, I applied the black electrical tape to the minute hand body between the hand and circular cotter pin. This pulled the body of the minute hand nice and snug against the optos / face of the clock. I reassembled, and the clock works perfectly. No issues what so ever. It has been running perfectly for one week now and looks great. In the end, my solution was to go with the German clock boards from Ingo along with tightening the slack in my clock. If you are experiencing issues with your clock try this. You will not be disappointed. Ingo was great to deal with. Also, if you have any slack in your clock where the minute hand falls slightly away from the optos, you must fix this for the clock to work. In my case the slack was so slight I thought for sure this would have no impact. In the end, this slightest amount of space was indeed causing the clock not to work. The electrical tape and new boards worked for me. Here is a link to Ingo's site if you are interested. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions on how to get your clock to work. I must have taken that clock apart and reassembled at least 6 times.

Thanks
dougram69

http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

#2 10 years ago

I feel ya. I ran into issues with mine when I replaced the clock housing with a brand new one. My "15" opto suddenly didn't register. The new housing was just a slightly different caliper than the old one. Ended up slowly sanding down the minute hand to find the perfect match for all optos. I felt fortunate in the end that my fix worked. I think I disassembled/reassembled the clock more than you did. But patience won out. Now my clock is beautiful.

#3 10 years ago

Well-deserved props for Ingo. If you own a TZ, sooner or later, your gonna get familiar with that clock.

#4 10 years ago

Yep-ordered my board from Ingo, now I just need the time to put the damn thing on.
He was a great guy to deal with-emailed me the day my board arrived to make sure I received it, becuase he got a confirmation that it was delivered.

#5 10 years ago

Ingo makes the best board...

Once you put his board in you wonder why you did not do it sooner

#6 10 years ago

i installed a rottendog and have had no issue. i did order a new second hand and that completed the fix. just sold it yesterday. very nice machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-broken-tz-clock-can-kiss-my-a and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.