(Topic ID: 231968)

My BOP farts!

By WeLoveScott

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

The game works beautifully and has never had a problem in the 15 years I’ve owned it. But now when I turn it off....it farts!

Yep, the kids think it’s hilarious. I’m scared it has to do with that big capacitor down by the speaker.

Any help from the pinball wizards here would be appreciated.

Hear the sound here:

#2 5 years ago

. I may be immature, but that is awesome! I know you got to track down the problem, but even my wife wishes my games made that sound when I turn them off.

#3 5 years ago

I think the word you are looking for is quief, not fart. Everyone knows that girls don't fart.

#4 5 years ago

Mine started making that sound when I installed a PSU5 LM323 replacement but never with a traditional LM323. I assume yours is stock?

#5 5 years ago

My CFTBL does this as well and has done it since we bought it 20 years ago. It's the only WPC in my collection that does this.

I don't know what causes it but would like to fix it if someone out there in the know has the answer.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

My CFTBL does this as well and has done it since we bought it 20 years ago. It's the only WPC in my collection that does this.
I don't know what causes it but would like to fix it if someone out there in the know has the answer.

my creature does that too! and also my only game that does it.

#7 5 years ago

my family guy farts like crazy during multiball………….oh nevermind!

1 month later
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Mine started making that sound when I installed a PSU5 LM323 replacement but never with a traditional LM323. I assume yours is stock?

I am seeing this behavior with all the games where the power supply is rebuilt using that little circuit board replacement for the LM323 that you mention.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-bop-farts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.