Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jtreehorn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

booze (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Yes, original base, refinished.

I'm pretty sure the original base is 3/4" thick material. I've seen some stained wood; however, most seem to be wood covered with that nice fake wood vinyl/fabric/sticker material and it is always peeling off. Mine was in really bad shape, so I just replaced it with some 3/4" mahogany I had. Like djb...I've kept mine original. It's can be a tough call on things like these.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Yes sounds like they pulled an "auction" on you. Decent ones on eBay are way more than $100.

This... you can't get a complete project for $100. My guess, guy posts in the wrong place with a bad description so no one finds it. Does a bit of research and discovers he is giving it away.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Scar:

Any chance you would share the restored artwork? Thinking about just scratch building my own and the art would help push me to actually do it.

I believe at one point you were able to find a reproduction sticker. I seem to remember someone here on Pinside did make one from scratch. You may want to do a search to see if you can find that thread.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I saw a sticker set on ebay for $150.

I just looked at that and saw that 12 people are watching it. Whenever I see something outrageously priced like this, I wonder if the people watching it are 1) interested in buying 2) have one hoarded and seeing if they can sell it for that or 3) looking to see if it sells and, if so, reproduce their own sets to sell. Hard to believe there could be 12 people who are interested in it at this price

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-booz-barometer-restoration?tu=Oldgoat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.