• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20200719163418 (resized).jpg
IMG20200719171051 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hi, I have a Black Hole pinball machine and the pop bumpers on my play fields utilise the coils A-1496 and A-4893. The Black Hole intruction manual on page 17 indicates that for pop bumpers the coil can be either A-1496 or A-4893. Which pop bumpers specifically should use the A-1496 and A-4893 coils?. Is it ok to mismatch and use either one or should I use the one type of coil?.

#2 1 year ago

I would just replace them with whatever coil it currently has installed or are there none? I don't have a BH but you could look those coils up and see the difference if any in power etc.. I would venture though if there is a difference it must be very slight if the manual sites either as useable.

#3 1 year ago

The playfield schematics on page 44 say that the pop bumpers are all 1496. 4893 are much stronger, and BH already has strong pops due to it running them at higher voltage than normal...

The chart on page 17 isn't specific to Black Hole, it's just a general listing of coils gottlieb uses and their usual applications

#4 1 year ago

I just wanted to upvote the title of this thread!

Good luck with your game!

2 weeks later
#5 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses every one.

On the main play field where the captive ball goes, their is a metal guard. This is not secured properly and when the ball hits it, it rattles. How can i attach it to the bracket?.

Some lights are out in a section of the back box, the globes look good. What are you thoughts?

IMG20200719163418 (resized).jpgIMG20200719171051 (resized).jpg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside