7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Twilight1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

https://www.youcaring.com/curtis-anderson-640468

Hey everybody. I don't post often, but usually hang behind the scenes reading posts to keep up. Unfortunately, this post isn't great news. Curtis Anderson, my best friend and best man at my wedding, is in bad shape. On Wednesday, August 24th, he came home from work, and within a few hours was in the ICU completely paralyzed. He had a hemmorhagic stroke that affected his brain stem and he lost feeling in all his body. He couldn't breathe, couldn't swallow, and couldn't move. This was a very scary time for all of us, most of all for him. He didn't lose any of his intellect, so he was awake in a shell of a body, only able to communicate at the time by blinking yes and no.

Fortunately, today, Curtis is doing better. He is currently in rehab, regained feeling in his left arm and leg, and a bit in his right arm. He is doing physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy throughout the day to regain what he has lost. He has a long, long road ahead. His was in the ICU for over 12 days, and doctor's have no idea how long it will take to rehab. None of you know who Curtis is, but he is a great person and always willing to help a friend or stranger in need. He always put everyone else first, and would never expect anything back. He needs our help. We need your help.

At the very least, please keep Curtis in your thoughts and prayers. As he receives more and more support, it provides him inspiration to keep going. A friendly message goes a long way with him, and as we share these messages with him, you can see the joy it brings him. We have opened a fundraising page that has gotten a lot of attention. In the end, this will be a very expensive stay. He has health insurance through school, but that is it. He was working per diem at a hospital, and was about to start his new job in same day surgery. We're fundraising without him knowing, so when the dust settles, we can present him with a huge check. Any amount is appreciated, and I ask at the very least, please share his story. Thank you so much for you time, prayers, and support.

https://www.youcaring.com/curtis-anderson-640468

#2 7 years ago

Best wishes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-best-friend-had-a-hemmorhagic-stroke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.