IMG_20141130_165039.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1780.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1784.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1623.JPG
#1 9 years ago

This my twilight zone project that just got today and its my 2nd project as i have a fish tales i'm working on too So ill have my hands full this winter Check out pics below and if anyone has parts for sales lmk i might need them. I well post progress pics as i go

IMG_1623.JPGIMG_1623.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Looks fun. Good luck.

#3 9 years ago

Been looking for one of these as a project myself, have fun and I'll be watching for progress updates.

#4 9 years ago

Looks like the mini-pf was taken off and not completely reinstalled and missing rails from right ramp to mini-pf and the clock. But looks like it will clean up nicely otherwise. Is it functional (minus the obvious errors for missing parts)?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from fitzpatricksrus:

Looks like the mini-pf was taken off and not completely reinstalled and missing rails from right ramp to mini-pf and the clock. But looks like it will clean up nicely otherwise. Is it functional (minus the obvious errors for missing parts)?

Might have a flipper issue as well!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from fitzpatricksrus:

I have the mini playfield,clock lamp rails ect and other parts for it too just needs to be installed. Yes it boot up ect too

#7 9 years ago

Also got some new boards with it too and all new art work too.

#8 9 years ago

The major thing that I see it the diverter and bridge are missing.

The clock motor might be a bit hard to find, but all the other parts are available.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

The major thing that I see it the diverter and bridge are missing.
The clock motor might be a bit hard to find, but all the other parts are available.

I have the bridge and diverter too just not installed

#10 9 years ago

Good luck! I was wondering when someone was going to get that one going. If you're patient, most of the parts missing should surface.

#11 9 years ago

Great luck with the project. Not sure if you have ever owned TZ before, but it will be worth the wait. I have owned it for about 13 years and still love it today.

#12 9 years ago

Help on figuring out what kind of post i'm missing for mini play field see pic of hole im talking about.

IMG_1685.JPGIMG_1685.JPG
#13 9 years ago

I believe it is the post with the spring and nut used to level the mini playfield. I will look at mine later and see if i can come up with a part number if someone doesn't answer by then.

#14 9 years ago

It doesn't show the part number but you could likely build something to suit if needed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tzany-pics-of-pf-with-upper-removed-looking-for-how-to-recreate-support-brckts#post-1723823

#15 9 years ago

So what would I need to do it like yours ? Also what about the sensor board bracket ? Thx for your help

#16 9 years ago

Which sensor board? The one that goes over the main subway or the trough proximity?

The subway just uses hex posts. The trough bracket is available for purchase.

#17 9 years ago

I think that post is 02-4425-1. You put a rubber bumper, 23-6535, on the bottom.

I'm not sure about the spring that is used to level the mini playfield. 10-453 comes up when I search Marco for "Twilight Zone Spring", and it looks right. I'm not sure about the size.

#18 9 years ago

Thx for the help guys and it's proximity sensor boards

#19 9 years ago

Started to clean up cab under play field is dirty

IMG_1784.JPGIMG_1784.JPG IMG_1783.JPGIMG_1783.JPG IMG_1780.JPGIMG_1780.JPG
#20 9 years ago

Were does this double power cable go ?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#21 9 years ago

i'm working on the same kind of game, a TZ project...just acquired most of the parts,

I'm wondering the function of the above connector as well, though i notice it's around the upper right side of the backbox.

2 weeks later
#22 9 years ago

Need some input i got all boards in tz and when i try to boot up and on the dmd it flashes between factor setting and coin setting ? Would not having a coin wire harness from interface board to back box cause that ?

#23 9 years ago

not having batteries would cause that, no memory

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

lol if thats it i feel stupid lol ill try that later

#25 9 years ago

Your project reminds me of my TZ project. Boy that was a lot of work, but I look back proudly at my ability to get it done. It was a sample game that had been used as a parts machine and was missing a LOT of things. Luckily I found a guy in New Zealand parting out a machine, so it was pretty much one-stop shopping. At some point you may find out why a machine was turned into a "parts machine"; mine was a data ribbon cable connector that was slightly off center and a ground wire was grounding out the active wire, took a lot of patience and sorting through the schematics, something the arcade was unwilling or unable to do I guess. I guess I know why they took out the third magnet for TZ, if you are considering installing that option now is the time to do it, but there is no big payoff there, you'll see it used very little in gameplay, its no big deal. The sample game did have a couple of posts with rubber ring between the left lower pop bumpers, that was nice, keeps the ball from draining.

#26 9 years ago

My TZ restoration took a year or so hiatus due to board compatibility frustration. I bought the rottendog boards, all they made for TZ. So I could have new clean matching boards in backbox. I was going for CQ resto. Took a bad turn when flipper power was weak 50v instead of 70v @ coils, then CPU blew 12 volts fuse . I got sickened over all the work I had to diagnose cuz the boards were not qc'ed.

Now I got boards coming from Germany. (Pinled). Lesson learned. Gonna pop the boards in and hopefully done.

Was fun swapping pf's and restoring the cab, washing the harnesses, etc. next is my IJ.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

that was it installed my DMD extender mod and tested good now on to the playfield

IMG_20141130_165039.jpgIMG_20141130_165039.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 1,059.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-bally-twilight-zone-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.