• Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiz_pa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-711.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I have a reoccurring problem with the Black Hole. About 20% of the time the ball gets stuck on the wire that is across the drain to the up-kicker. I do not believe it is a switch issue. I have adjusted the switch and cleaned the contacts and it had no effect.

It seems like the wire just gets stuck or jammed up occasionally. If you get multiball started it is almost a garanteed jam.

Does anyone have any secret tips or tweeks that can make this more reliable?

image-711.jpgimage-711.jpg

Post edited by Hi-Fi: not a lot of insight generated from my original title

#2 9 years ago

is it a new acquisition ?? are you using 1.0625" balls if one is 1.125" maybe ?? wild guess.

#3 9 years ago

Get your old lady's OBGYN to put in a courtesy stitch!

#4 9 years ago

I've had it for awhile. It always had this issue but it has continued to get more frequent. I've never measured but I think my balls are standard size.

#6 9 years ago

Anybody..?

#7 9 years ago

Foul! Misleading thread title.

#8 9 years ago

Changed the title.. Thought an attention grabbing thread title would generate more responses. Didn't work out so well.

#9 9 years ago

Being a new BH owner, I'll be following this thread just in case mine ever acts up there. Just looking at the photo, I'm not really sure how that works. What is the coil there supposed to do - retract the wire, kick the ball or both?

5 years later
#10 4 years ago

I have the same problem where every say, 100th time the ball drains in the lower playfield, it rests on the track switch ahead of the return kicker, and it's like it has been sucked in to a region of spacetime where gravitational acceleration is so strong, not even visible light can escape.

I have checked and cleaned the leaf switch, but even if I open up the machine, reach under and actuate it manually, there is no response. It seems like a problem somewhere in the brains, and not mechanical. ‍

#11 4 years ago

Sometimes you have to turn it over and shake it out.

#12 4 years ago

Post a pic of the gate. Is the part of the gate that the ball rests against straight or have a bend? That gate should have a a bend roughly an 1/8” or so on the ball side so when the gate opens it kicks the ball back some to get a roll towards the switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-balls-keep-getting-stuck-in-the-black-hole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.