New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 195248)

My balls are stuck in the elevator! Ouch!

By creech927

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0334 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Anyone with an Aerosmith getting their balls stuck in the elevator? This happens far too often.

IMG_0334 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

I've never had that happen...hmm

#3 3 years ago

"Living it up while your game is going down" - Steven Tyler

#4 3 years ago

Hahahahaha! How's the elevator business? Oh, it has it's ups and downs.

#5 3 years ago

Not since college.

#6 3 years ago

I found this game on location a few weeks ago. Was not very interested in it but thought, well what the heck...
I fell in love with it but 5 games in the same happened to me. Called the kid over to remove my balls... and he just turned the game off and gave me my money back.

#7 3 years ago

Never had 3 in mine but do get 2 in there once in a while. The code is pretty smart in that if a few single pulse ejects don't empty the elevator, it rapid fires a few times. That always clears 2 balls for me.

1 month later
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Never had 3 in mine but do get 2 in there once in a while. The code is pretty smart in that if a few single pulse ejects don't empty the elevator, it rapid fires a few times. That always clears 2 balls for me.

Wow, I have the same problem with 2 or even 3 balls getting stuck but mine doesn't do that rapid fire clearing procedure.
Oh
My Kiss pro has the same fault with Gene's head. My telescopic magnet has never been so busy!

#9 3 years ago

I've seen this happen with a machine on location believe I now know the cause, some of this information is what I've personally experienced while some is from deductive reasoning.

What I have seen happen is that a rapidly moving ball entering the ball lock off the left flipper can become airborne after hitting the back edge of the play field lock channel (bare wood cutout on topside of playfield), this ball then rides up the one-way gate for the skill shot and wedges itself between the upper playfied and the playfield plastic. Having a ball stuck in this location now prevents the one way gate from opening and any ball entering from the skill shot or dropped into the lock from the upper playfield will backup behind the gate.

With these balls sitting behind the one-way gate, the balls dropped from the top will now sit atop the blocked balls. I have also seen a solo ball wedged between the mini-playfieds wiring and a main playfield plastic blocking just the elevator drop down hole; I speculate that this ball was jammed into this position similar means that caused the one-way gate to become blocked in the first place...A rapidly moving ball striking the gate would transfer its energy through the balls behind the gate (think Newton's Cradle) this energy would thrust the ball sitting on top of the others upwards and away jamming it in a position that no ball should be able to get to on its own.

The fix for this would be to install a post or bracket to either the underside of the mini-playfield, or on top of the main playfield to prevent a ball from blocking the gate. The trick here is going to be finding the right spot to install it without interfering with the other moving parts of the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside