Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by Pinhead76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

After cleaning my ToM I realized my balls have become magnetize, I assume from all the magnets in this game - any good solution for de-magnetizing my balls so when they rub together they don't stick to each other and make for an uncomfortable multiball experienc.

#2 14 years ago

Hmmmm... do they make pinball astroglide ?? LOL

Seriously though I don't think there is a way to demagnetize a pinball as it would be almost impossible to apply the opposite magnetic field to it. I remember there was an old thread about this a few months ago.

#3 14 years ago

Try buying a new set of pinballs, but one that isn't so prone to magnetization. These are what I have in my Twilight Zone, which also uses magnets a great deal and I've never had any issues.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325&parent=49

#4 14 years ago

Ok These balls are probably only 1-2 months old - Jar155 I will give those a shot
sorry brokedad didnt see that last post few months back

Edit:
No apology necessary from such a valued member. We never mind a repeat question and who wants to search every post.

BD

#5 14 years ago

I bought a half dozen of those on my last parts order. They are really nice.

#6 14 years ago

I clicked on this thread just because of the title. Does that make me weird?

I gotta give props to pinballlife.com as well, they are very reasonable on prices, friendly and quick on shipping, easy to use simple website also helps. A+

#7 14 years ago

Best way is to wait until the weather changes. I hate snowballs

#8 14 years ago

Maybe the Holy Pickle could bless your balls?

#9 14 years ago

Showers and Gold Bond should take care of that

Sorry couldn't resist....

#10 14 years ago

If you drain them every once in a while they will not stick together!Center drain should work.LOL

#11 14 years ago

In the Netherlands we used to have a little hype around "mirror glazed pinballs", not sure if they're known under that name in the rest of the world? Anyway, these pinballs are very nice - great lasting shine and totally non-magnetic.

#12 14 years ago

I had a similar problem with my TOTAN. I am not sure where the guys that shopped out the machine got the balls from but they were magnetized big time. I got some new ones from pinbal life and had no problems so far. Like many mention the quality of the balls really do matter. You also might want to order a second set so in the future you can just replace them when you have an issue.

#13 14 years ago

When I got my Johnny M, I ordered new parts, balls, rubbers, post etc. Made the effort to research the type of ball to use because of the magnet on the pin, got all the gear put in then after a couple of days the balls were getting stuck in the ball trough, they wouldn't roll down to the popper. After taking ball trough apart expecting to find divots I discovered all the balls had been magnetised, I then checked my order I made thinking I'd been sent the wrong balls.

No I WAS an idiot and ordered the wrong ones, always worth double checking before you press the buy button!!!!

#14 14 years ago

yep bugray that is what happens to me - they get stuck in the ball trough also. I just ordered a bunch of new balls from pinball life and some other things - including a beer holster for my pin

#15 14 years ago

bugray are there different bals? I always thought that balls are standard for all the pins. What kinda balls do you need for johnny?

#16 14 years ago

"" What kinda balls do you need for johnny? ""

I would think Johnny would have come with two!!! or @ least one!!!

OK. I promise to quit posting useless comments on this thread. Couldn't resist!!!

BTW. Guess I'm demented. While reading that this morn,I spit coffee all over the place laughing..

#17 14 years ago

Johnnie has steel balls-what a man>I mean pin!

#18 14 years ago

Hi ya, yep Johnny M likes to play with 4 shiney balls. These are the ones I would use in any pin using magnets, they appear to be called premium mirror balls over here(uk) just like Robin said.

http://www.pinballheaven.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=145&osCsid=39c9652e0758fe3975aad5e692bfa8c2

A beer holster, great idea!!!! I'd like to have one on every machine and on each side for the lefties too.

#20 14 years ago

Yeah that's cool, I like those, not quite a neccessity yet but definately something to get one day, so for now I guess I'll just keep playing that game of "where did I put that damn bottle??"

#21 14 years ago

Greatest thread title ever! 'nuff said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-balls-are-sticking-together and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.