Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by jimgravina
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0943 (resized).jpg
AE67933D-DECD-44C7-B372-0AF69324F889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0910 (resized).jpg
IMG_0911 (resized).jpg
IMG_0922 (resized).jpg
IMG_0926 (resized).jpg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpg
IMG_0919 (resized).jpg
IMG_0917 (resized).jpg
IMG_0916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpg
IMG_0906 (resized).jpg
IMG_0912 (resized).jpg
IMG_0914 (resized).jpg
IMG_0923 (resized).jpg
IMG_0894 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

Just wanted to share some things I did to my Back To The Future Pin. Nothing too crazy, and I think its "just right."

For starters, I replaced the batteries with an NVRAM chip.

I also had a Delorean Time Machine model laying around that just fit perfectly up by the bumper and its wedged in there just enough where it doesn't move and can easily be removed. I also added some lighting to the model to simulate the neon glow and flux capacitor.

I put white LED light strips in the front and top along the "neon" part of the car. Those are just hooked into the GI lamps. I also added a sunlight white LED flasher INSIDE the car that is hooked up to the flasher bulbs socket. So now when one of the flasher bulbs go off...the inside of the car really lights up! The flasher is actually pointed towards the back of the car so the light reflects and bounces off the rear interior...and its so bright it really looks like the flux capacitor goes off! I like this rig because the car itself displays multiple light shows because of the GI lights, and the flasher. The light strip in the front also aids in shining a bit more light onto the playfield.

I also added LED strips behind the backbox. What's great about this is that the game its right in the corner up against a wall so the back lighting really has a great affect. I have 2 orange/amber strips at the top, and 2 blue strips on the bottom. Those are all just wired into to GI lamp circuit of the backbox so those always just stay on.

The real fun is when I added 4 white FLASHER light strips to the rear of the backbox. I have one strip on the TOP of the backbox (pointing towards the ceiling), 2 strips in the center of the backbox, and one strip towards the bottom. I have all 4 of these hooked up to 4 different flashers in the backbox so they all act independently of one another depending on what happens in the game. It was pretty much random, except for the one I have on top pointed towards the ceiling. I have that one rigged up to the clock tower shot.

And to top it all off, I added some BTTF noncollectable to the top of the backbox.

PS: The camera over saturates the back lighting a bit...its really not that strong in person.

This is my very first pin and had alot of fun getting this set up. Now it's time to play!
Jim

IMG_0894 (resized).jpgIMG_0923 (resized).jpgIMG_0914 (resized).jpgIMG_0912 (resized).jpgIMG_0906 (resized).jpgIMG_0908 (resized).jpgIMG_0916 (resized).jpgIMG_0917 (resized).jpgIMG_0919 (resized).jpgIMG_0920 (resized).jpgIMG_0926 (resized).jpgIMG_0922 (resized).jpgIMG_0911 (resized).jpgIMG_0910 (resized).jpg
#2 6 months ago

Love the BTTF movies. It’s my dream theme. JJP or Stern, are you listening??

Having said that, I don’t think any amount of mods is going to help your Data East

#3 6 months ago

Duplicate

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I don’t think any amount of mods is going to help your Data East.

I can live with that

#5 6 months ago

Great to read you have such a good time with your first pin!

#6 6 months ago

I like the showcase look. It's almost there just to look at. Really completes the room for what has to be a die hard fan.

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like the showcase look. It's almost there just to look at. Really completes the room for what has to be a die hard fan.

That’s really the only reason I got the machine. Never was a “pinhead” or anything. But this machine I’ve had my eye on for years and finally was able to grab one. I got it more so for the theme than the pin itself. But I have to say, I’ve learned to love these machines!

#8 6 months ago

Ah, sorry, I missed the fact this was your first and only pin. My bad. Nice!

#9 6 months ago

Thats an awesome room layout! I too have this pin and Pepsi Perfect etc. I'm a big die hard BTTF fan and your set up and mods look awesome! I am not a huge fan of the gameplay but its a great looking pin in my collection and it's one of the only pins where I actually understand the ruleset ha. Hoping Stern or JJP get this license because it would be an insta buy for me.

#10 6 months ago

Luckily I don’t have other games to compare it to so it’s a great game for me for that reason. I have read that’s it’s not the best game out there. But I’m having fun with it!

#11 6 months ago

You need one of these:

https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-topper/

Ignore their videos. Make your own with BTTF scenes.

#12 6 months ago

Thanks for posting looks great!
JJP needs to do this title Justice!

#13 6 months ago
Quoted from andrewket:

You need one of these:
https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-topper/
Ignore their videos. Make your own with BTTF scenes.

DAMN! That is sweet!

#14 6 months ago

jimgravina
Obviously you are a huge BTTF collector, so I’m assuming you already have a copy of the Hill Valley edition USA Today from October 22, 2015.

However, if you don’t and would like this one, I’ll gladly post it to you. Quite by chance I noticed the headline on a stack of USA Today papers at a Starbucks on that day and just couldn’t not buy one. Since then, it has survived multiple clean-outs and depossessionings. Been waiting to find the right collector. It is yours gratis if you need it in your already awesome collection.

AE67933D-DECD-44C7-B372-0AF69324F889 (resized).jpeg
#15 6 months ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Been waiting to find the right collector. It is yours gratis if you need it in your already awesome collection.[quoted image]

I am super thankful for your generosity on this! But, as you stated, I do have one! I have just been waiting to get ti framed before I put it up on the wall next to the pin!

Thanks for the thought!
Jim

IMG_0943 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside