(Topic ID: 30416)

My awesome parents doubled our pin collection while I was out of town. :-)

By blondetall

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by blondetall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I just wanted to brag on my pinball-loving parents and thank them for giving in to the pin addiction that I infected them with recently. As of this June we (my parents and myself/husband collectively) only had an old Twin Win that was more of a spot to set things on in the garage at their house. Husband and I got JP as our wedding anniversary gift to ourselves this June, then my parents had to out-do me with a minty mint TAF. I am on vacation now heading to SPF on Fri and they had told me if I found a good deal to get it and they would help me pay for it. Then I got a message about local pins for sale and sent them to investigate, and this evening got a text asking when I would be home to get my new pins! MSF is going to their house to hang out with their Addams, and RFM is coming to my house to keep JP company until Predator shows up too. I am so excited and can't wait to get home now. They are from a fellow Pinsider and in great shape, and I am going to love them and hug them and take such good care of them. WOO HOO!
    (Also, we did all 4 Diz parks today and I am hopped up on sugar and pin excitement at 2 AM. WIDE AWAKE.)

#2 11 years ago

Woooot!

#3 11 years ago

Great scores. Last time I went on vacation I ended up with two new games that people picked up for me while I was thousands of miles away.

#4 11 years ago

I can feel your excitement BT, that's awsome!! I'd opt for the MSF at your place and the RFM at your folks though if I had the choice...

I wish I had parents like that!!

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

hopped up on sugar

Wooo Hooooooo!

Oh, and the pins thing is cool too.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I'd opt for the MSF at your place and the RFM at your folks though if I had the choice.

+100

#7 11 years ago

We are hosting Thanksgiving, so figure with the crowd of people the best choice for brand new pin players would be RFM. The MSF was in possible talks awhile back and my mom has been wanting to rock out to the soundtrack on it ever since. Dad has a busted eardrum and they normally leave their volume stupidly low on TAF, so that will be interesting.

#8 11 years ago

Congrats!

My parents and wife did the same thing for me on my birthday! Total shock!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pin-sfii

#9 11 years ago

Congrats on the new pin haul!

#10 11 years ago

Congrats. May see you down at SPF.

#11 11 years ago

"All I got was a rock" - Charlie Brown

#12 11 years ago

I don't know who is worse the pusher or the enabler.
    There oughta be a law.

#13 11 years ago

I need to get me a new family

#14 11 years ago

I just sent her a pic of husband playing WOZ. She wants one of those too but I think 5 pins will keep us busy for awhile.

#15 11 years ago

Wow Awesome parents and great find on some tables!
    Congratulations.

#16 11 years ago

Congrats sounds like you have cool parents, a bit of a longshot but are they looking for any more kids?

#17 11 years ago

I think they are good on kids. I have a pregnant sister getting lots of baby stuff, so I think they are making it up to me money-wise with pins. Works for me.

#18 11 years ago

The last two machines that I bought were MSF and RFM. I personally love them both. MSF is very challenging and is a deeper game then RFM but A lot of non pinheads love RFM and the video display. It is a much more forgiving game. Gratz on the score. Give them a hug for me. No, not really but good luck with them and enjoy the games!

#19 11 years ago

I have never seen or played a MSF but it was a good deal and we are in a pin desert, so couldnt pass it up. Mom said it was hard when she was test playing it, so maybe that gives us a decent variety now.

#20 11 years ago

The spot is ready and waiting for Revenge. Moving 2 pinballs today is exciting but doesnt sound like fun since we are still worn out from 9 hours of driving yesterday. I do get to see his collection including a few I have never seen so that will be cool.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 11 years ago

Be careful moving the RFM, the head really should be removed but if not it is top heavy and will try to capsize.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Be careful moving the RFM, the head really should be removed but if not it is top heavy and will try to capsize.

Agreed. That head is a beast! Congrats on what sounds like an awesome vacation and an even more awesome homecoming! WOW!

#23 11 years ago

Pinball party!
    A moving party since we had 2 stops to make. A big huge thanks to Joey for helping us get both delivered safe and sound. I promise they will be loved and cared for.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 11 years ago

Phone double posted.

#25 11 years ago

Frankenstein looks good with Addams. JP and Revenge get along just fine too. Revenge looks so tiny.
    Now I will never get my parents out of my house, but they bought me a RFM so they are always welcome.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Pinball party!
    A moving party since we had 2 stops to make. A big huge thanks to Joey for helping us get both delivered safe and sound. I promise they will be loved and cared for.

You're most welcome, and I'm glad to know they went to a good home.

#27 11 years ago

COOL RENTS!!! I see how you did that.....get'em hooked on the hobby and than the rest follows.....nice.

#28 11 years ago

Great news! Lucky, lucky lady!
    You might suggest to your parents that they look into getting some "blackout" curtains for that window? Lots of cab fade waiting to happen there.

#29 11 years ago

Yeah, she is concerned about it. She usually has the blinds closed and there is a porch, but it is way more direct than her Addams in the corner. She has them in her bedroom for right now (hence the furniture everywhere being rearranged) but is possibly working on converting her dining room over for pins. She plays every night and being in the room she can close the door to block the sound, so if they stay there I will make sure she gets something to block the light. I am lucky that our rancher has the full basement and virtually no light gets near mine.

She's been texting me score pics, and somehow already has the high score. image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 11 years ago

I'll have to pay a visit and challenge her!

#31 11 years ago

It was nice to finally meet you at SPF blondetall. I have a feeling you will be in this hobby for years to come.

#32 11 years ago

It was good to meet you too. I only met you and Art. I think everyone else either showed up after Fri or was at the bar. Lol. If I can keep my parents financing my 'drug habit' that will certainly help keep me around.

#33 11 years ago

So, my mom wanted me to post this...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

So, my mom wanted me to post this... []

Very nice, BT! A true accomplishment for those that have never played MSF. The game is incredibly challenging.

Which soundtrack does your mom prefer? The orchestral piece is actually really good!

**rocking out to the alternative soundtrack option (Edgar Winter's Frankenstein)**

"LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *shoot again*

#35 11 years ago

I still havent even seen it since Sun when we moved it, and I only got in 1 game then, but I can guarantee she's rocking out. When I first told her about it, she was sold immediately when hearing it had Edgar Winters as an option. I think she and dad have all the top scores now, so she'll probably mess up my top scores on my pins tomorrow. Lol

#36 11 years ago

If there was an Areosmith pin, she would be hunting it down. Poor husband grew up under a rock, and I had the cool parents.

#37 11 years ago

She's been playing the snot out of that thing, hasn't she? hehe.

#38 11 years ago

+2 Wow there is the loot. =-)

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

She's been playing the snot out of that thing, hasn't she? hehe.

Actually late last night when I got the pic it came with a "Text this to Joey!" message. Lol
    Yup, I told you they play at least daily but now I think it is all they do. She's coming early here today to make sure she has sufficient Revenge time. At least it will keep her out of the kitchen while Bill is cooking.
    I need to clear/check her game count some day. Thats why I sent Frank her way, she has way more time to play.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-awesome-parents-doubled-our-pin-collection-while-i-was-out-of-town- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.