Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by badbilly27
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Not sure what the difference is, and not a good day to call out to Stern to inquire. I am curious how many are running the two different versions? On a side note. The Hulk version has been the runaway favorite, but the blue version is absolutely beautiful. From the almost teal blue armor to the cab artwork and back glass it is just well done. I am glad I decided to open this one.

#2 11 years ago

According to GG's Facebook page he said "more code Monday - lotsa goodies". Maybe the readme will shed light on what's new. I'm impatiently waiting on my Hulk. Enjoy!

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from michaelp:

The Hulk version has been the runaway favorite

I believe I am really going to regret not buying one. I know about all of the complaining this last week, but it seems that the game has improved leaps and bounds in a very short time and now the positive reviews and reactions are pouring in.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I believe I am really going to regret not buying one. I know about all of the complaining this last week, but it seems that the game has improved leaps and bounds in a very short time and now the positive reviews and reactions are pouring in.

Quoted from michaelp:

The Hulk version has been the runaway favorite, but the blue version is absolutely beautiful.

While I did get a Hulk, I would be happy with either LE version (or Premium) as it does seem to be a fun game.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The game hasn't improved. It's just that people are now getting their games and finding the game is good rather than bitching about it before ever seeing it.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Really? No matter what you think at the moment, it's a gamble, plain and simple. X-men was met with great hype and people started paying more money once the game was released as it was new and exciting. Transformers was also pretty hyped up also, and ended up falling flat. It is what it is!

The reviews for Avengers have been mixed, and of course new owners are going to like the machine and post exciting reviews! Who wants to open up a $7K pin and not be excited about the new machine and gameplay? I'm a sucker myself for that, and I'll admit it.

For $7K, that's not a gamble I'm wiling to take at the moment. I have limited $ to sink in this hobby and with the loss I'd take on my X-men LE at the moment, I can't risk losing another (potentially) $1K on another incomplete Stern.

And in all honesty, I hope it's one of Stern's best... I'll be happy to pick a Premium edition then and be happy.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The game hasn't improved. It's just that people are now getting their games and finding the game is good rather than bitching about it before ever seeing it.

From my perspective it has. I played the Pro on location and it was technically and sound wise inferior to the LE I just played last night. Technical flaws of HW outlane and BW ramp are not present and there is music and different voice call outs in this version. Hulk ball still sticks but the overall package is improving. Now you can actually feel some flow and the Hawkeye ramp does help as well.

#8 11 years ago

I have only had two balls that have stuck under Hulk to the point of waiting for a ball search, in probably close to 100 plays. His bashing and movement is just going to lend to this from time to time. But I would not call it a problem at all.

I have opened several NIB games, and other than LOTR I don't ever remember wanting to play first thing the second morning. It's a fun pin. It is not perfect, and the code is kind of vanilla right now, but there are no glaring holes in rules or code and the shots are fun. Hitting that Widow ramp two or three times in a row is awesome.

#9 11 years ago

What pitch are you at? I've gotten perhaps a dozen balls trapped in hulk area one way or another (probably in 60-80 plays) all released in 2-5 seconds and mostly when the ball is in "smash" target area and arm is down blocking its exit. This is barely an issue. The visibility issues are my primary problems with the game.

#10 11 years ago

Also, I've gotten to the pop bumper countdown for capt. America...but never gotten his center light to flash during his mode....has anyone? I've gotten Hulk and Thor to flash and hulk to stay lit....but that's all.

#11 11 years ago

LE I played last night wasn't mine. But it was leveled and seemed to be pitched right. Let's say ball traps were not as frequent as GW but we still had multiple traps between the three of us playing. Ball search found quick but on multiball I often got one wedged behind that arm. Not as big a deal as when I played at GW but I would still mention as an issue.

My last game I hit 65M and had lit Thor, Hulk and BW center lights. I had all other modes running as well but couldn't close the deal on cap america for some reason. Uncertain if code or my play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-avengers-le-is-running-v10-then-opened-another-running-v11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.