• 52 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leverage (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Simple solution to selling a jointly owned property.
One party puts a value on it and asks the other party if they are a buyer or a seller.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Exactly!!! So simple

How is it simple when the OP already stated the other party doesn't want to settle. Doesn't sound like the son-in-law has any interest in working something out with his aunt.

Quoted from HandsOfStone:

I don't think he wants to settle for half of the value. He wants to wait it out and get the whole house (if he outlives her, he's 72 himself).

Quoted from HandsOfStone:

The house deed states "Right of Survivorship". No one can sell or transfer their part. It's last man standing. He had his lawyer buddy draw it up that way back in 2004. She had no idea. He had only been married to her daughter for a few years and hadn't shown his true colors yet.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I'm a lawyer and my advice is don't get advice on pinside.

Please - end this thread and get professional counsel. Upon quick glance the amount of bad advice in this thread is scary.

Get off your high horse (no pun intended with your avatar). Nothing wrong with a having a discussion on pinside. For many people they don't have social media accounts and come here to this community for discussions where they been members for 8 years. You see it all the time when someone asks for advise on a new roof or A/C unit. The OP already stated that he has been in contact with a attorney and I highly doubt he is going to take someone's advise from this thread and consider it law. If anything I found this topic quite entertaining and break from all the other Pinside BS.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-aunt-has-been-swindled-?tu=chooch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.