IMG_20170519_225146 (resized).jpg
Playfield (resized).jpg
image-A (resized).jpg
superstitious.gif
IMG_20170518_202236 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170518_202608 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170518_202618 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170518_202631 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 years ago

You've certainly have a knack for finding older games that have play fields that are in beautiful shape! The colors look as bright as the colors on that Swinger you got. Congrats sir.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Side note: Does anyone know why these things have such unintuitive fold-jobs? Can we please get a simple accordion fold? I'm not sure I've ever re-folded it the same way twice.
Anyhow...

You need to get some old auto road maps and practice refolding with one of them ... just kidding. NOBODY can refold one of those.

6 months later
#110 7 years ago

"Thing.jpg" I don't think that's the pointing finger ...

But those first three reels are looking fine for their age now. The numbers look like their still in good shape and the yellow of the plastic looks good.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I'm just not a picture taker, so it baffles me that someone would take so very many. Whatever works for you is good, however, generally speaking, there's only one way many pieces of each unit can be installed that allow the other pieces to be installed or the unit to function. .

Be glad people who are dong these restorations like this are taking the pictures and posting them. It's nice to have pictures like this for reference for others.

I've actually have enjoyed following many of these restoration threads like the ones Ryan been doing and CosmoKramers recent Pin*Bot restro.

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I've been thinking of doing that on my Double-Up. There are a lot of issues I need to work out:
Thickness - the thicker the plexi the worser the price
Drilling the hole for the lock - how to?
Best fit without much waste - cut to size??
Cost - plexiglass isn't cheap
Let me know Ryan if you want to go this route and I will do some research to try to solve those issues.
Almost forgot. Your stepper units *are* gleaming - nice work!

Why not a wood back door with a thinner plexiglass window in it?

1 month later
#164 7 years ago

I wonder if Harbor Freight has sonic screwdrivers?

#173 7 years ago

The "61" probably is an employee number (that's why it's on the "Clock" line)

1 month later
#177 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Meant to edit, not post. Woopsies.

Aw. Was hoping for an update.

7 months later
#290 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I realize this likely looks the same as my last update, but I swear it's different. I decided to expand all the circles by, like, a nanometer so that they would be sure to cover the lighter wood when airbrushed. So that involved a bit of measuring, resizing, and revisiting the campus cutter.
I'm excited to try these out, but I'm about to embark on a couple weeks of vay-cay, so this project will continue progressing at a progressively glacial pace.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with some glamour shots of my new (to me) 1965 Bally Sheba:

Wow! You've managed to get four EM pins (none of which I've ever ever seen or played before) with beautiful play-fields on them (both design and condition) in the last two years! Way to go!

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

One of these days my beginners luck is sure to wear off. In the meantime...don't jinx it.

I think you're more likely to run out of room with your ever increasing über cool collection of EM's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-art-grail-pick-up-or-a-family-pinball-vay-cay-64-bally-hay-ride?tu=girloveswaffles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.