Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mbeardsley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago

I agree with the OP's original post. Theme is key, BUT.....the game has to have staying power.
    Take Beatles....everybody shit on it when it came out because it was too expensive and a simple layout ripped from SeaWitch.
    But now, a lot of folks are coming around to really enjoying that game. I own it, and bought it for the theme, the beautiful artwork, and it's general approachability.
    JP is completely opposite...very complex, hard to score on, tough shots...but the theme is great expecially with the audio/visual mods.

I'd love to have a Stranger Things or Walking Dead...have played them both...but the themes 'to me' suck. ugly artwork, blood and zombies. no thanks.
    but they play great!

Theme is a deal breaker for most non-LE-collectors.

#25 2 years ago

Another consideration for the 1st time purchaser is a formula taking into account the owners technical ability to work on the game when it breaks (or have someone who can), vs. the forecasted reliability of the pin. Arguably, older pins tend to need more care.
    When I bought my first pin Xenon, I went in with eyes wide open that I'd eventually be breaking out the soldering iron to keep it running.
    If you bty a newer, spike2 title you'll likely need far less technical know-how to keep it running.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-advice-to-what-pin-should-i-buy?tu=StoneyCreek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.