(Topic ID: 243626)

My 80B Raven eats batteries & loses the last 3 high scores

By Topher5000

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topher5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

It has remote holder with the diode.
Late last summer or early fall I put some store brand alkalines in it, but they didn't last long so I put Duracells in. They lasted until around January when one started leaking.
I then tried Energizer lithiums. I had to replace those in April (I'm going to start writing the dates down). I checked voltages & one was completely dead, another was at 0.6v & the third was 1.06v or something like that.
The latest were Panasonic alkaline dollar store ones, so I didn't expect them to last too long. Yesterday I turned it on & saw that it dropped the last 3 high scores. The top 2 scores & the settings remained though.
I pulled the batteries & one's dead & the others are real low too. I checked the diode & one way I get a reading of 502 & the other I get a 1, which is what it reads with the leads not touching anything. The meter's manual says it has a resolution of 500, whatever that means.
What gives? Losing the last two scores seems weird. I'd put in Nvram, but I don't want to go to the expense when alkalines should last a year.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I'll take a look at it this weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topher5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-80b-raven-eats-batteries-amp-loses-the-last-3-high-scores?tu=topher5000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.