Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dans collection.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ika.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

what? no shadow, congo, roadshow, jackbot (better pinbot), godzilla, funhouse, taxi, world tour poker, maverick, t2, mousin' around, flintstones, no good gofers, dr who, last action hero, all fine games in the budget, lot's of wacky titles, you don't like them enough?

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

First off, I look for three things in my games usually - can it be set up HARD, how does it score - I play *much* more for points than progressing through rules / wizard modes, and is there something unique about the playfield. Having said that, this is just me, so if I'm about to say something disparaging about a game you love, sorry... but...
    Shadow is okay, but it's not a favorite. If I'm going to pick up any more in the future, it would probably be the first one I would consider.
    Congo I don't like the shot geometry on at all.
    roadshow (and most Lawlor games) I just don't like how they play. Whenever I play RS, I can play forever.
    Jackbot isn't a better Pinbot to me, I dislike the randomness.
    Godzilla is fun, but it's too multi-ball centric.
    Funhouse - see roadshow.
    Taxi is too easy for me.
    World Tour Poker is all right, but too deep for my like.
    Maverick is too slow.
    T2 leans to heavily on the Super Jackpots making the rest of the game worth far too less.
    Mousin' Around I don't like how you can continually hit the center ramp on.
    Flintstones is fun once, but the way it sets up all of the shots safely makes it nearly impossible to lose the ball. I like mean games.
    No Good Gofers has code issues, see roadshow.
    Dr Who: The way to score is shoot the pops, shoot the pops, play video mode, shoot the pops, play video mode...
    LAH is ok, but DE titles in quantity are ridiculously similar to one another. I'm a huge DE fan, and I usually defend them, but WWFRR, TFTC, Tommy and JP all play *very* similarly to one another, just with significantly different layouts. I don't need to add another.
    ...so, yeah.
    And before anyone calls out the list, Space Shuttle is a ridiculously easy game. I just have a lot of nostalgia for it and I love how it looks, so I got it for that. Cue Ball Wizard is a ridiculously easy game, but the stupid cue ball in the middle I just love hitting it. The game could have no targets, just that stupid cue ball, and I'd probably like it just as much. It's about the only game that I play with no intention of trying for score, just bouncing that cue ball around. Super Mario World is a sort of easy game, but it's really a really fun theme integration and my son loves it, see the profile pic

thanks for the answer. since you played it all and it seems like you played them extensively, could you comment few games you own, I'm thinking about some of them and your experience in owning and playing them might nudge me (pun intented) toward one of those. I have funds for just one pinball machine and thats it. I can't afford A titles, and truth be told, find many of them to be lacking apart from theme and artwork.

I find Tommy to have the best DE rules, even 90s pinball rules in general. Just seem so much a player's pin unlike JP or TFTC or LAH which seem more like beginners games in the vein of lets flail and the ball will start all those modes in the mean time. What's your opinion on Tommy? How high would you rate it in your collection? Any non-expensive titles that do that better? I wouldn't take JP because I see great similarities geometry wise to Shadow I own. I like Tommy being left flipper game.

Popeye, much maligned game, how do you find it playwise? It seems like geometry is awful with wide spaces and evil outlanes.

Stargate. I see it has very deep rules, but in all youtube videos I can't see people aiming and shooting for specific goals in specific times, seems just like chaotic bat the ball as far off the flippers as possible and hope it hits the ramp or pyramid. Is it a shooter's game or let your brain rest and flow kinda game? I played one game on it before I knew anything about pinball and don't remember it.

How do you find WWFRR scoring - balanced in a way to entice you to play all modes seriously? What makes WWFRR better than GNR to you?

Pinbot. Is it terribly unbalanced toward right flipper? I know it's a classic, I just can't get into it. What is its most important quality?

Baywatch. Is it interesting enough or balancing in scoring to hold interest over long period? I even like the show, watched it regularly in the 90s, so cheesy. Layout is interesting, four flippers with upper being left flipper also draws me, I can get one, but the price is a bit high considering it's not popular.

JD. is left ramp too exploitable? Music is badass, artwork is great, there is some humor, but I dislike simplicity in Trudeau multiball rules - just thrash drop targets and get 4 jackpots, it kinds of bothers me. Even the price is OK. I don't know how lastable it is in a 2 pin gameroom.

and please what do you mean by WWFRR, Tommy, TFTC, GNR and JP playing very similarly to each other? I can't find the similarity and it seems to me like Tommy rules are way above the rest.

thank you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ika.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-7-year-pinball-list-is-complete?tu=Ika and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.