Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cute-dog.jpg
borat.jpg
PhotoGrid_1409151214261.jpg
PhotoGrid_1409151161444.jpg
PhotoGrid_1408937286802.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Finally added a HS to my collection. Ive been looking for a decent one for quite awhile and this one just fell into my lap. Its going to need some work but they all usually do. Anyways, i think i did pretty good for $300 bucks!!!! I tried to pay more but was told no. So half the gi is out. Ive spotted some gnarly board hacks and half of the sound doesnt work. Weird. Playfield is decent and so is the cab, minus the silver metal around the backbox. Im sure ill be asking tons of questions in the weeks to come.

PhotoGrid_1408937286802.jpgPhotoGrid_1408937286802.jpg
#2 9 years ago

More pics...

PhotoGrid_1409151161444.jpgPhotoGrid_1409151161444.jpg PhotoGrid_1409151214261.jpgPhotoGrid_1409151214261.jpg
#3 9 years ago

Not bad at all. congrats on a great game for a great price.

#4 9 years ago

Nice, 300 is a steal for any complete High Speed.

#5 9 years ago

Nice score on an awesome game! I love my high speed.

#6 9 years ago

Misleading!

I thought I was going to get to read about a story where you reached an unbelievable score, but did $300 of damage in the meantime!

Great deal though, I really want me a HS too

#7 9 years ago

Not bad! If you need any help reach out!

#8 9 years ago

Where on earth did you score that in this area?!? seriously congrats. Was this on craigslist?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Where on earth did you score that in this area?!? seriously congrats. Was this on craigslist?

There are still TONS of deals on pins, they just aren't on craigslist.

#10 9 years ago

That is a hell of a deal!!!
Blake

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

There are still TONS of deals on pins, they just aren't on craigslist.

Most definitely! The WCS'94 I got in May is a prime example. I'm telling you people, it pays to be ethical, friendly, and help others.

#12 9 years ago

Most definitely! The WCS'94 I got in May is a prime example. I'm telling you people, it pays to be ethical, friendly, and help others.

100% Agreed! All of my friends know I collect, who mention it to their friends, etc...You never know who has some game sitting around.

#13 9 years ago

100% jealous! Great score

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

100% Agreed! All of my friends know I collect, who mention it to their friends, etc...You never know who has some game sitting around.

That's the excuse I give my wife as to why I constantly talk about pinball with everyone I meet.

#15 9 years ago

sweet score on an all time classic!

#17 9 years ago

That's the excuse I give my wife as to why I constantly talk about pinball with everyone I meet.

I am just that weird guy who has them. Of course my girlfriend does derby, so all of her friends are derby folks. Who are they to say who is weird??

#18 9 years ago

I would think the derby crowd and pinball fans would cross over in a ven diagram.

#19 9 years ago

I would think the derby crowd and pinball fans would cross over in a ven diagram.

There probably is a small crossover

#20 9 years ago

A freind came over, saw my pins and said his girlfreinds mom had one in her basement. She wanted to get rid of it and I was in the right place at the right time. I really cannot believe it was a High Speed. Ive been wanting HS for a long time now. Pure luck.

#21 9 years ago

Even my avatar is happy for you great score!

cute-dog.jpgcute-dog.jpg
#22 9 years ago

what's with the metal trim around the head?

Great find. Center of the playfield looks damn nice in the process.

#23 9 years ago

I get so jealous after reading threads like this.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Misleading!
I thought I was going to get to read about a story where you reached an unbelievable score, but did $300 of damage in the meantime!
Great deal though, I really want me a HS too

I was thinking he pumped that many quarters into it at a location.

#25 9 years ago

Dont know whats up with the metal trim on the backbox. Doesnt look damaged underneath it. Ill be removing it once i start the teardown.

#26 9 years ago

Playfeild has some raised inserts, ill fix them. Happy with the overall condition of the playfeild. Only a couple of spots where you can see wood.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from doublezo1:

Playfeild has some raised inserts, ill fix them. Happy with the overall condition of the playfeild. Only a couple of spots where you can see wood.

You could always get one of these and protect the playfield from further degradation.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-HS-PF-PROTECTOR

#28 9 years ago

Nice score. You're going to love High Speed, once you get it up and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-300-high-speed-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.