Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230211_055024 (resized).jpg
20230211_054907 (resized).jpg
20230210_060008 (resized).jpg
20230210_055001 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I just experienced the future and multimorphic did right by me.

I received my Weird Al last month, and I had an issue with it they helped me fix, and they used technology the right way to help me fix it. My Weird Al would periodically launch out an extra ball during gameplay for seemingly no reason. Trying to hunt it down was maddening. I opened up a ticket with multimorphic and... they asked me to send a log from the machine the next time it happened. The next day I was playing and... the second ball launched so I opened the coin door, exited the game, went into system manager and sent the log to multimorphic, and updated my ticket with the log number. The next day I got an email from multimorphic that one of my optos had sensed 2 balls when the last one fell through, and I was given instructions on how to sweep under the scoop to look for loose wires. I found none, and I sent several more logs in the next few days as the issue persisted. I was told they were working on a solution, and a few days later they mailed me a new part, along with a 3-d printed spacer just for me to use to line up exactly where the opto would be placed. I scheduled a brief video conference with their tech, and we walked through installation and testing of the machine in about 20 minutes. So... in the course of a single issue I was able to send a log directly from my machine to tech support, received a new part and a specialty piece just to measure where to place it, and had a VTC to place it. Multimorphic has been very patient with me, and since installing the part I've had 0 issues with my machine and can nerd out to Weird Al properly. Now I don't expect them to have a VTC over every little issue I have and have been directed to their self help portal full of How Tos for potential issues which is great, but I really appreciate that when I run into a brick wall they are there to help.

How'd I get so white and nerdy?

20230210_055001 (resized).jpg20230210_055001 (resized).jpg20230210_060008 (resized).jpg20230210_060008 (resized).jpg20230211_054907 (resized).jpg20230211_054907 (resized).jpg20230211_055024 (resized).jpg20230211_055024 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

I bet if you had a 3D printer they would have given you the .stl file to print it and you would have been able to fix it the day of. I have heard nothing but good things from P3. Their games are very fun to me as well.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:

I bet if you had a 3D printer they would have given you the .stl file to print it and you would have been able to fix it the day of. I have heard nothing but good things from P3. Their games are very fun to me as well.

They don’t seem eager to do that; I think they want to be sure the printed piece meets certain strength requirements

But this post mirrors my exact experience with MM - phenomenal support, and they’re thinking way ahead in terms of getting those logs out automatically; tied to your machine and account. It’s freakin’ ridiculous!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I just experienced the future and multimorphic did right by me.
I received my Weird Al last month, and I had an issue with it they helped me fix, and they used technology the right way to help me fix it. My Weird Al would periodically launch out an extra ball during gameplay for seemingly no reason. Trying to hunt it down was maddening. I opened up a ticket with multimorphic and... they asked me to send a log from the machine the next time it happened. The next day I was playing and... the second ball launched so I opened the coin door, exited the game, went into system manager and sent the log to multimorphic, and updated my ticket with the log number. The next day I got an email from multimorphic that one of my optos had sensed 2 balls when the last one fell through, and I was given instructions on how to sweep under the scoop to look for loose wires. I found none, and I sent several more logs in the next few days as the issue persisted. I was told they were working on a solution, and a few days later they mailed me a new part, along with a 3-d printed spacer just for me to use to line up exactly where the opto would be placed. I scheduled a brief video conference with their tech, and we walked through installation and testing of the machine in about 20 minutes. So... in the course of a single issue I was able to send a log directly from my machine to tech support, received a new part and a specialty piece just to measure where to place it, and had a VTC to place it. Multimorphic has been very patient with me, and since installing the part I've had 0 issues with my machine and can nerd out to Weird Al properly. Now I don't expect them to have a VTC over every little issue I have and have been directed to their self help portal full of How Tos for potential issues which is great, but I really appreciate that when I run into a brick wall they are there to help.
How'd I get so white and nerdy?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Everything Williams hoped P2K would be finally coming to fruition 20+ years later!!

#5 1 year ago

I’m having the same issue with two balls randomly launching. Thanks for the post - I’ll make sure to capture a log next time it happens.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They don’t seem eager to do that; I think they want to be sure the printed piece meets certain strength requirements
But this post mirrors my exact experience with MM - phenomenal support, and they’re thinking way ahead in terms of getting those logs out automatically; tied to your machine and account. It’s freakin’ ridiculous!

They had to mail me the part anyways, but just to be clear the 3-d printed part is not in my working machine. It was printed out to help measure and place precisely where I should be placing a new more sensitive opto that had to be spaced further from the receiver.

Quoted from luckymoey:

I’m having the same issue with two balls randomly launching. Thanks for the post - I’ll make sure to capture a log next time it happens.

Send in a log next time it happens and let them know your symptoms. When I did it and opened a ticket they were able to precisely say, "It's this exact opto right here under the ticket booth scoop, here is a photo of where it is, go look and see if there are wires in the way, your logs show 2 balls entering withing a tenth of a second so something is wrong here". After trying this they tried some things on their machine, and then they sent me a different part to place slightly farther away, and its been rock solid since.

10/10

#7 1 year ago

TJ helped me via video call too on my heist. MM hands down has awesome tech support.

It is wild to me how easy it is to submit a ticket via the game, update apps/games and how quick it all goes.

#8 1 year ago

Glad everything worked out.

#9 1 year ago

I've been wanting to plunge into a p3 system. This gave me more confidence

1 month later
#10 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I was told they were working on a solution

Usually the service ends here! I'm glad to hear it's gone well. I went and looked at a used system today. The price is right, but I'm still concerned it's not quite "for me". We'll see.

#11 1 year ago

Whoops - posted to wrong topic. Will move it over to the FR post.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
8,499 (OBO)
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-21st-century-multimorphic-trouble-ticket-experience and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.