IMG_9044.jpg
IMG_9051.jpg
IMG_9018.jpg
IMG_8995.jpg
IMG_9020.jpg
IMG_9029.jpg
IMG_9015.jpg
IMG_8983.jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I just wanted to take a minute to post the great experience I had buying my first NIB pin from Steve at Pinball Refinery. Build date was June 2015.

Instead of waiting for Stern to decide if they would do another run of Metallica premiums, I decided to get a MET LED Pro from Pinball Refinery and let Steve perform his magic. I cannot begin to express how happy I am with the final product, and what a pleasure it was to work with Steve during this entire process. This pin is a beauty! Excellent craftsmanship & outstanding communication from day one, right up through delivery day. Steve truly went the extra mile to make sure I was happy with everything and answer all my questions. I would not hesitate to purchase from him again

Now onto the good stuff! Sorry for the lousy photos because they really don't do this pin justice. You have to see it in person to truly appreciate, especially that candy purple powder coating. Among the various upgrades.....

UPDATED 2/17/17:

Upgraded Siderail Armor with Flipper Button Area Protection
Under Playfield Service Rails (replacing pegs)
Candy Purple Powder Coating (Legs, Siderails, Coindoor, Lockdown Bar, Ball Return Rails, service rails)
Chrome Flipper bats
Red LED flipper Buttons
Chrome Leg Bolts
Chrome Ball Shooter Rod
Custom LED upgrades in GI, Inserts & Flashers
Creeping Death UV Lighting Rails with additional Lightning Decals
Creeping Death Pinblades
Shaker Motor
Color DMD
Flipper Fidelity Complete Upgraded Speaker System
LED Sound-controlled Speaker Lighting
Undercab LED Lighting System
Sparky Blue El-Wire mod
Translucent Titan Silicone Rubbers throughout
Translucent Titan Flipper Bands
Custom Snake Upgrades (Red LED Eyes, Fangs, Tongue Sticker, Green LED mouth Undercab Lighting, Green Led Flasher)
Flashing Cemetery Arch Gate
Mantis Mystery Hole Scoop Protector
Cliffy's Shooter Lane Protectors
Clear Plastic Protectors & Clear Sparky Protector

ADD-ONS SINCE PURCHASE:
Mylar added to magnet/coffin areas/shooterlane
Metal Pop-Up Post
DK Pinball's 8-way 5V/12V power splitter
Iamdarras Eyeball Coffin decal
Hooked-On-Pinball's Spinner Kit
Timebandit's Total Lightshow GI Theater controller board
Timebandit's Spinner Sound Caller add-on kit
Timebandit's Inlane Wiring Harness for apron lighting
Timebandit's Acrylic Apron with Blue Crystal Tint & Diffuser Panel, with installed retainer brackets for playfield lift

I think that's everything The only thing I have left to do is complete my custom Sparky paint job, and add Timebandit's Rising Cross Mech, whenever he's able to bring the final product to market.

It may sound like I have a ton of mods, but they're all classy IMO & blend in well everywhere. I don't like to clutter up the playfield too much, like the way add-on toy guitars, crosses, mini LCD screens do. There really is no limit to the amount of mods you can do to this pin. I know the RT ramp snake mod seems to be pretty popular, but I'm not a fan since it blocks the rollover insert lights from the player's view, and I don't like any of the solutions so far to fix that problem. I considered at one point in adding the backbox lights&flashers mod, but that would truly be overkill on this machine. The undercab lights & Total Lightshow mods are plenty.

Also modded the code with PinBrowser....removed Sad But True, One & Unforgiven....replaced with The Thing That Should Not Be, No Remorse & Leper Messiah. I also created a long custom track called "Fire & Ice for All", which is basically a mix of Fight Fire with Fire into Trapped Under Ice into And Justice For All. It's nice because I edited it at the correct spots, so that when Lady Justice mode starts, it kicks into And Justice For All. What a difference. Highly recommended. As you can tell, I only like Metallica's early stuff from Kill Em All, Ride the Lighting, Master of Puppets & Garage Days. I might do one more tweak to the song code, as I hate Enter Sandman being in there, but it does have a mode dedicated to it.

Bottom line is....this pin ROCKS! Definitely one of Stern's best pins of All-Time IMO, if not THE best. Thanks again Steve for delivering an incredible custom pin! It's blossomed even more with all of Timebandit's incredible mods since I first purchased it 2 years ago.

I don't think you can come any closer to owning a Premium/LE than my PR Pro, and then some I'm in the group that feels the Hammer blocks the view of the playfield & slows the game down during the physical locks, and I really don't miss the snake jaw at all. The only thing I wish I had are the color-changing spider inserts, but I'll gladly take ALL of my current mods as a trade off. The 2K I saved on the Pro vs Premium was much better spent on the mods I added. I've sunk a lot of cash into this pin, but I don't care since it's a long-term keeper for me.

If anyone is interested or thinking of buying, don't hesitate to give Steve at Pinball Refinery a call & ask for a quote. You won't be disappointed.

Current Video of the pin:

(coming soon)

#2 8 years ago

Congratulations! Enjoy in good Health!

Steve and Gio, create works of art when they do their Magic!

#3 8 years ago

IMG_8983.jpgIMG_8983.jpg
IMG_8995.JPGIMG_8995.JPG
IMG_9015.jpgIMG_9015.jpg
IMG_9040.JPGIMG_9040.JPG
IMG_9018.JPGIMG_9018.JPG
IMG_9029.jpgIMG_9029.jpg
IMG_9020.jpgIMG_9020.jpg
IMG_9051.JPGIMG_9051.JPG
IMG_9037.JPGIMG_9037.JPG

IMG_9044.jpgIMG_9044.jpg

IMG_9011.jpgIMG_9011.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Excellent game, the refinery does an amazing job blinging out machines. Congrats on your Met LED Pro!

#5 8 years ago

Video is uploaded. 164M in my 48 hours...not too shabby Now I just need to study how to stack modes & figure out the 2x scoring & Fuel Jackpots. This game is awesome!

#7 8 years ago

Wow. Gorgeous !
Your replacement songs are killer.
How did Four Horsemen not make Sterns final cut ? You sir, are righting a wrong.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Video is still processing but it should reorient to vertical shortly. 164M in my 48 hours...not too shabby Now I just need to study how to stack modes & figure out the 2x scoring & Fuel Jackpots. This game is awesome!
» YouTube video

Congrats! Pin looks sweet. Have fun!

#9 8 years ago

\m/ envious!

#10 8 years ago

Yeah man that's killer!! I have one of the original Refinery's. One thing you missed is the red translucent apron with the flashers under it. It looks great.

#11 8 years ago

Thanks! But I don't think they offer that Red apron mod anymore. I would have preferred a purple powder coated apron actually, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

#12 8 years ago

Beautiful machine! Congrats!

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Not true!

Im torn on the cemetery inner cab wall art/flasher. I love the effect just not the flasher rails or whatever you want to call them.

Machine looks great though, enjoy!

#14 8 years ago

Its $125+shipping for the inner wall art and flasher package correct?

I might have to do this....

#15 8 years ago

I was skeptical about the Flasher rails at first, thought they might obstruct your view. But after seeing in person, it takes the electric chair sequence to a whole new level. It's a must have add IMO.

Not sure about the line item price offhand.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks! But I don't think they offer that Red apron mod anymore.

Oh really...that's a bummer.

#17 8 years ago

What a great addition, but what did it Cost you? I am sure it was worth every penny...

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I was skeptical about the Flasher rails at first, thought they might obstruct your view. But after seeing in person, it takes the electric chair sequence to a whole new level. It's a must have add IMO.

Ive played He-mans with this installed, it is pretty sweet. I guess that is the only way to truly illuminate the art......yes, not obstructive at all, they just look a bit awkward (to me) having those flasher rails in.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its $125+shipping for the inner wall art and flasher package correct?

I might have to do this....

Just make sure you get the extra decals for on top of the flasher rails or you'll go blind. I think they are $15 and you have to put them on yourself.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just make sure you get the extra decals for on top of the flasher rails or you'll go blind. I think they are $15 and you have to put them on yourself.

Thanks for the heads up, yeah, I think Im gonna go 4 it.... I like Bling.

Just got my teeth done, what do you guys think?

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#21 8 years ago

Killer refinery pro. Really dig the game play on the pro. Congrats!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

What a great addition, but what did it Cost you? I am sure it was worth every penny...

Talk to Steve at Pinball Refinery & he'll give you a quote. I don't want to speak for him.

#23 8 years ago

Grats man sooooo hot!

I get closer and closer to wanting my own met every day.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Video is still processing but it should reorient to vertical shortly. 164M in my 48 hours...not too shabby Now I just need to study how to stack modes & figure out the 2x scoring & Fuel Jackpots. This game is awesome!
» YouTube video

My 6 year old saw me watching the video and asked me what game it was. I said Metallica, and without missing a beat he said, "we should get Metallica."

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just got my teeth done, what do you guys think?

Me want.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Talk to Steve at Pinball Refinery & he'll give you a quote. I don't want to speak for him.

I would like to thank HoakyPoaky for contacting me about purchasing a Pinball Refinery Edition of a Metallica. I know that you were looking for a NIB Premium, and I suggested that I can make a Metallica Pro look AWESOME. So you decided to purchase a PR Metallica Pro and added several mods to it... I would say just about everything and ended up with one sweet machine. Thanks for starting this thread and showing off your machine. I know you will be very happy with your purchase for years to come.

If anyone would like to know pricing on one of these custom Pinball Refinery Metallica machines, just give me a call and I can convert one for you.

I appreciate every ones support,

Steve
Pinball Refinery
231-740-8575

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yes!!!

#29 8 years ago

Yep thanks again Steve, you knocked it out of the park on this build

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Video is uploaded. 164M in my 48 hours...not too shabby Now I just need to study how to stack modes & figure out the 2x scoring & Fuel Jackpots. This game is awesome!
» YouTube video

Turn your slings on buddy! Looks like they have the sensitively way too low. Game looks amazing. Those chrome flippers are BA.

#31 8 years ago

What a beauty.Enjoy!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Turn your slings on buddy! Looks like they have the sensitively way too low. Game looks amazing. Those chrome flippers are BA.

Thanks for the tip. Is there a setting in the operators menu to adjust the sling power? My first new Stern so I haven't poked around the menus too much yet.

What number do most people have their slings set at? Any other tweaks?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks for the tip. Is there a setting in the operators menu to adjust the sling power? My first new Stern so I haven't poked around the menus too much yet.
What number do most people have their slings set at? Any other tweaks?

I'll have to defer that question as I don't own a new stern, but should be easy enough to find it in the manual.

Good luck and happy high scores!

#34 8 years ago

This machine looks great! Metallica is one of the best games out there, but the Refinery Edition just brings it to a whole new level. I am still impressed by all of these mods on mine after a year of owning it.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

This machine looks great! Metallica is one of the best games out there, but the Refinery Edition just brings it to a whole new level. I am still impressed by all of these mods on mine after a year of owning it.

Thanks for letting me test drive yours. It was a real easy decision to purchase after seeing a Pinball Refinery Edition in person.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

» YouTube video

That is a beautiful machine man - really nice!

#37 8 years ago

Congrats man. It's a great machine. I have #7 and it's awesome. You will love it. Steve and Gio are great guys too.

#38 8 years ago

I see some future mod ideas. I really like the way the snake looks on this one. Congrats

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks for letting me test drive yours. It was a real easy decision to purchase after seeing a Pinball Refinery Edition in person.

Anytime. These really need to be seen and played to be appreciated. I think people look at the additional cost and shy away from it sometimes, but these Refinery Editions are an experience, not just a game.

#40 8 years ago

Well done! I have Metallica monster premium " Purple Monster" refinery edition #10. I have had it over a year. You did well. I opted out on the flasher rails , most of the crazy lighting I opted out. I did get the backbox lighting and the undercabinet lighting. I had them do the Apron candy purple powder coat as well. Apron looks real good powered purple. I had white glove delivery, no box. Gio kinda recommended it this way, rather then boxing it back up. 11224714_10203816087232386_715634735985773326_n.jpg11224714_10203816087232386_715634735985773326_n.jpg11230904_10203816087592395_3148227558046780147_n.jpg11230904_10203816087592395_3148227558046780147_n.jpg11230904_10203816087592395_3148227558046780147_n.jpg11230904_10203816087592395_3148227558046780147_n.jpguntitled4 (2).pnguntitled4 (2).png11113124_10203816086872377_4414075373726631650_n.jpg11113124_10203816086872377_4414075373726631650_n.jpg

#41 8 years ago

Damn that purple looks great!

Slightly off topic...

How does it hold up. Any fine swirl marks/scratches. My TFLE combo lockdown bar has some swirls in it that i cant seem to polish away no matter what i do.

#42 8 years ago

Right on, man. I'm glad you are enjoying your game. It's one of the best.
I also added four horsemen recently. It's my new favorite song to play to.

#43 8 years ago

Sabres fan, Bills fan, and Pinball ...alright!

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

My 6 year old saw me watching the video and asked me what game it was. I said Metallica, and without missing a beat he said, "we should get Metallica."

My 2 year old calls ours "tallica"

And yes....yes you should get one. Haha

The only thing I see missing from this METPRO is the coffin decal sticker. Oh and the Pinnovators headphone jack with outside volume control is a super sweet MOD love too!

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from locdb:

Sabres fan, Bills fan, and Pinball ...alright!

Hell yeah man! I was wondering if someone would notice that. It's in the blood, those passions will never die

#46 8 years ago

And final price?

#47 8 years ago

Love the snake eyes, might have to get this........

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Damn that purple looks great!
Slightly off topic...
How does it hold up. Any fine swirl marks/scratches. My TFLE combo lockdown bar has some swirls in it that i cant seem to polish away no matter what i do.

Its not bad, there is swirl marks, nothing major. Hard to avoid unless you don't let anyone play it, and just have it to looks at. Highly recommended for both pro and monster premium machines.

2 years later
#49 6 years ago

Damn I never posted an updated video showing off TimeBandit's GI Theatre, Spinner kit & crystal apron. The GI theatre is absolutely mandatory for any pro owner. I mean who doesn't love the lightshow on the premium? It's one of the best parts of the game.

You can really get carried away with MET mods, but there isn't one that I regret installing. Very expensive, but for an all-time classic pin, I believe that the upgrades are justified. I wouldn't go this crazy unless you know it's a keeper pin, because you're really not going to get all that money back if you decide to sell.

I still have to paint my Sparky (one of these days), install the rising cross (whenever Timebandit starts producing his version) & install the Mezzlemods stand-up target anchors I just bought. The standup post by my LT orbit always leans to the LT, resulting in some LT orbit rejections. IMVE is just getting all my attention these days

#50 6 years ago

Looks awesome! I too have a Met Pro Refinery edition #27. The one upgrade I did after was finding a premium translite. Cost a bundle, but I really like it. Very hard to find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-1st-nib-met-led-pro-pinball-refinery-edition-22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.