My 1st Machine - Tee'd Off

By dt3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Picked up my first machine yesterday. Pretty bummed I ended up forgetting the coin door key at the guys house so I cant get started immediately but Ive already got a good plan in place for fixing up some of the few flaws the game (currently) has.

The two things that appear to need the most immediate attention

- Ball shooter slash plunger works OK but isnt nearly as tight as it should slash could be. The rod appears to be sticking out further than it should be so I think it might be the completely wrong rod. Would love to find a new assembly but cant seem to find one. (Will update with video when I get home).
- Ball stop plunger assembly appears to be completely removed. Right above the upper flipper slash pitch n' putt there is a small peg that pops up at times so you can line up that shot. I had him pull up the playfield and everything looked fine and didnt even notice it was missing til after we had locked it back up. For all I know the part is there but from peering down the hole it doesnt appear so. Havent seen this on the few resources I know of (pr, marcos) so I have a feeling this is gonna be tough one.

Im thinking about rebranding everything outside of the playfield in the next couple of weeks so hopefully will have some good photos/stories to share. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 10 years ago

If your volcano plastic is broke back alley creations has new ones for sale.

#3 10 years ago

I have a minty example myself. Love it. It's a huge hit at parties. Just need to make sure you have tall ceilings. Gunther adds a lot to the height of a pin!

#4 10 years ago

it was my first pin as well. Still have it. The key to big scores is that captive ball, especially in pitch and putt mode. Then double your score in skins mode.

#5 10 years ago

This is one of the few DMD games I think I have never played. Congrats. Did you get the topper with it? The topper looks awesome in the pictures I have seen.

#6 10 years ago

Got the topper... was actually kinda disappointed.

The previous one I had played didnt have it so I didnt know what to expect and I think I set my expectations a little too high. When I heard it was motorized I was expecting a little more movement. No big deal though, Im just happy the thing fits. I have it an unfinished part of my basement and the only reason the topper fits is because I was able to place it exactly between two floor joists (think thats the word). If I had a finished ceiling there is no way this thing would fit.

Still waiting on that key so I can really get moving on this thing but I did have some questions that I am not immediately seeing an answer to in the manual. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated...
- Previous times when I played you would play the first 9 holes and then be awarded a 3 ball multiball upon completion. Now it appears to be you get a 2 ball multiball and can win a 3rd one by sinking that skill shot hole in one. With the way this plunger is that shot is pretty hard so I would love to find out how to set it up to default to 3 ball multi
- Completing the rounds of the 9 holes and the awarded multiball afterwards was my favorite part of the game. Getting through those 9 holes on this machine is a little bit tougher because it appears the Volcano hole doesnt move you onto the next hole and instead simply starts other game modes. I swear the other one I played counted that as an advanced hole. Havent seen anything in the scanned manual I got.

#7 10 years ago

I didn't get a manual with mine so I can't help you out there, sorry!

#8 10 years ago

Always wanted to play this! I'm not afraid of Gottlieb/Premiers. lol
Congrats, you are going to love it!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from dt3:

- Previous times when I played you would play the first 9 holes and then be awarded a 3 ball multiball upon completion. Now it appears to be you get a 2 ball multiball and can win a 3rd one by sinking that skill shot hole in one. With the way this plunger is that shot is pretty hard so I would love to find out how to set it up to default to 3 ball multi
- Completing the rounds of the 9 holes and the awarded multiball afterwards was my favorite part of the game. Getting through those 9 holes on this machine is a little bit tougher because it appears the Volcano hole doesnt move you onto the next hole and instead simply starts other game modes. I swear the other one I played counted that as an advanced hole. Havent seen anything in the scanned manual I got.

this is how the game is supposed to be. first multiball is two ball with the oportunity to make it three by hitting a hole in from the plunge. The second multiball will be 3 ball multiball.

Also the volcano hole only advances the hole if you are on one of the three holes for that shot, same with side vuk and ramp.

everything on yours works exactly as on mine from what im reading.

I think these are default settings. There might be an easy setting that the other one you played was on? I dont know never messed with the settings.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I would love to own another Premier. I have owned The Big Hurt and Stargate in the past. It would be sweet to own a minted out Premier that has been stripped down and clear coated.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Rawley - I've got a nice one that could be yours. It's fun enough but the topper is too tall for my ceiling so it may have to live in the garage for a while. I'll bring it to greensboro for a tournament sometime if you're interested.

3 weeks later
#12 10 years ago

Ive been messing around with game adjustments for a while now, just seeing how things work and killing time. Recently though I was playing and out of nowhere a message pops up on the DMD that says 5BILLION and then out of nowhere I have 5,227,123,456. It probably happened about 3 times over 40-50 games and Ive since done a factory reset but havent put a lot of time on since. Has anyone ever seen this before?? Any idea whats causing it??

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

Tee'd off was my first machine. I only played it until I got some other machines (which was about a week later). It's been sitting around collecting dust for about a year. The main reason was the severely flawed/unbalanced scoring. If I recall correctly you can just fire it up the middle until you spell Gopher, then keep firing it up the middle, getting 20 million every shot. And the shot is super easy, I can do it almost all day long on my machine (which gets REALLY boring). I had planned on getting rid of the machine once I got it all working 100% (it has some strange issue with multiball).

Fast forward to now, and I was VERY surprised to see the machine used in the recent big INDISC tournament. I had heard the machine had been modified to fix the center shot. I watched the coverage on youtube and I didn't see anyone shoot for this shot - I was actually really surprised to see how poorly everyone did on this machine. I guess that's what happens on a machine nobody has ever seen at a tournament before.

Anyway, I couldn't see what was done to the machine from the overhead viewing angle in the youtube video. Does anyone know if it was a physical modification, or a setting where this shot can be turned off? It was a real duh moment for me to realize that such a flaw could be corrected with a modification. At the very least the center shot could be made really hard by tightening it up with some big rubber posts or something.

I think if this flaw is addressed this could be a pretty fun game. Anytime non-pinball people come over it seems to be the game they want to play, I guess it just looks more friendly and inviting than my other games ... I don't get it personally.

#14 10 years ago

" Big Log " .....................great game, one of the few that I would buy again. Get it dialed in and it's quite fun.

#15 10 years ago

Congrats! I love the game personally, there is on on route a few miles from my house.

#16 10 years ago

Bif is exactly right! Anytime non-pinball people come over to my home, it seems that they always want to play the Tee'd Off! That's one reason why I own it. Plus, it's ridiculously fun! It's easy to play and people are not intimidated by the theme or artwork. It's a big hit at parties! Love it!

#17 10 years ago

http://imgur.com/JDKs9VS

rough draft of that card I'm working on. I'll post PDFs once I get em done.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from dt3:

Picked up my first machine yesterday. I ended up forgetting the coin door key at the guy's house.

Yeah. I'd be pretty Tee'd Off if I forgot the key.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-1st-machine-teed-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.