I'm going away for a few days and won't be able to get back to the game for a little while. Boy I hate being away when I want to keep working on the machine.
Oh well, work calls.
to recap (no pun intended), here's where I'm at.
1) Game used to light displays, although no 5 second delay. Player 2 display was dim.
I jiggled some connectors on the CPU while power was on, I didn't play with the display connectors though. Then lost power to the displays.
2) Started running Clay's procedures, using your Spreadsheet.
The fuses are good, Bridge Rectifiers show proper resistance.
3) The 5V and 12V outputs to the CPU from the power supply are there and within tolerance.
4) No High Voltage output to the displays even though the input across pins 6 & 7 to the power supply is 74V.
5) The 4 and 8 volt output to the displays are there and correct.
6) I removed the CPU, desoldered the battery.
Here are pics of the CPU. Do you see ay reason to scrap the repair and buy a replacement?
Any thoughts one why no high voltage to the displays?
My plans are to start re-pinning connectors when I get back home. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that will restore the high voltage, but am not optimistic at this point.
Thank for all of the help so far.
-WIMG_5321 (resized).JPGIMG_9691 (resized).JPG