Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

newpjns_078.jpg
    newpjns_087.jpg
    newpjns_096.jpg
    Mini_machine.JPG
    Mini_machine_2.JPG
    models_061.jpg
    models_069.jpg
    models_067.jpg
    models_073.jpg
    models_291.jpg
    models_298.jpg
    models_300.jpg
    models_307.jpg
    models_315.jpg
    models_312.jpg
    models_228.jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 13 years ago

Hi all

Just wanted to share some photos of my 1/12 scale models of pinball tables.

I operate a model workshop full time, and the pinball models are my " new for 2011" products ..

I have a few different designs thus far, but i will just share a couple photos of Twilight Zone for now ( which i attached to the post since i couldny figure out hoe to display them within the post )

Any critique or feedback massively appreciated

If you wish to see the other models please check out my site at www.retro-heart.blogspot.com

thanks x

#2 13 years ago

Hi, I have seen some of these on ebay,

I think they look pretty good, but you can't beat the real thing. Keep up the good work!!!!!

#3 13 years ago

Pretty cool... You could build one killer game room for your kids Barbie....

#4 13 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys .. any suggestions what i should make next ?

I know they dont beat the real thing.I would totally love to own a pinball table . I think a little out of my price league right now, but one day

#5 13 years ago

"... any suggestions what I should make next?"

If you are looking to sell them, I would stick to the top A-list titles such as MM, IJ, MB, etc ... If they are strictly for your own private collection, I say build whatever makes you happy.

#6 13 years ago

We have lots of EU members who could help you find a real full scale pretty cheap. Thanks for sharing. If my daughter was still in the doll age I'd get some. I'm sure they are those here who have kids that young.

#7 13 years ago

Those are awesome, I might order one for my daughter's stuffed animals to play.

#8 13 years ago

Thanks again for the feedback guys

I think my budget would be $500 maximum, which is pretty low for a pinball table. I need a new car LOL

#9 13 years ago

Having looked at the other models of pins on the website, this may be the only way that I will be able to afford a Medieval Madness pin in my house.

If I can ask the OP a question, how much do these models weigh retro-heart?

Looking at the idea of using one of these as part of a topper on a real machine, but not fancying the idea of a couple of pounds of wood falling onto the playfield glass.

#10 13 years ago

These would also make good cake toppers for a Pinsiders birthday or anniversary !

#11 13 years ago

"These would also make good cake toppers for a Pinsiders birthday or anniversary !"

My wife actually had a custom Twilight Zone cake made for my last birthday.

#12 13 years ago

To answer Outline Avoider - the models weight 0.2 KG . I ship them to the USA for $5. I have , by request, made models to be heavier. I weighted one of these pinball models to 0.5 KG, which is well heavy for the size of the item. The person in question wanted it as a bookend !!!!!!!!!

#13 13 years ago

Thanks Retro-Heart, I'm in the UK BTW. I'll order one in that case and give it a try.

#14 13 years ago

Oh sorry I assumed you were US based. For UK orders i ship for free off my web site.

#15 13 years ago

Pretty cool.

I bought some tiny pinball model kits which were intended to be used in model train builds. I am using them for little plastics molds, though.

2 weeks later
    #16 13 years ago

Hey All

Just a little update ~ after taking in a lot of feedback and critique i re-worked the legs. The legs i was making weren't accurate, and after trialing a few different designs and materials and getting feedback on the different designs from lots of people, I have finally found a design that i feel really works.

Take a look at the attached photos for the updated design style, and please help me by giving your opinion

Thanks

xx

models_312.jpgmodels_312.jpg models_315.jpgmodels_315.jpg models_307.jpgmodels_307.jpg models_300.jpgmodels_300.jpg models_298.jpgmodels_298.jpg models_291.jpgmodels_291.jpg

#17 13 years ago

They really look great Retro-Heart! I wouldn't mind having a couple!! Nice work!!

#18 13 years ago

Nice work! Ever think about making one funtional? It be great to play at the desk but not on the PC.

#19 13 years ago

these are so cool!

#20 13 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback guys .. any sauggestions of new designs i should make ? specifically Gottlieb ones ?

Remember i put all the new designs right up onto my web site www.retro-heart.blogspot.com

Thanks

#21 13 years ago

Those look great. Have you thought about maybe some of the Popular Classic machines that have stylish looks? Fathom and Paragon come to mind. I bet it would look great in a model. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing a Centaur also

Have you checked out the top 100 listing on here? There are other pinball rating lists you can check out also.

G

#22 13 years ago

"Ever think about making one funtional?"

Can you imagine trying to put the electronics in something that small??

Seriously though, if you ever consider it, miniature electronics is a hobby of mine. It wouldn't be hard to make a small CPU that just blinks some lights or something.

G

#23 13 years ago

I got a Dragon's lair arcade game miniature from him. Its pretty cool. He did a good job, although I wish it was a little heavier.

Great Job Retro Heart!

#24 13 years ago

Thanks for the good review vster23 ... glad your happy.

I am not sure how to make them heavier, bar putting weights in them, which would obviously increase shipping.

#25 13 years ago

glilly-BOA .. yes very interested to figure that out with you ...

#26 13 years ago

Ok. If you want to continue this offline via email, that's fine with me.

G

#27 13 years ago

1 month later
    #28 13 years ago

Hi retroheart,

Your work is amazing!

I have a fish tales machine and was wondering if you could take a photo of your models playfield?

I have included a couple of photo's of the prototype working minature space invader machine I made. Mine is not a scale model of the original (I'm not as clever as you!) and in order to keep it as small as possible the screen is not centered, but it is a working machine. The joystick and button are made of lego. Before starting the project I wondered if it would be possible to build a small fully functional 8-way joystick and yes it is! I made one and ran one of my arcade machines with it.. This one is just a two way joystick though as it is all space invaders requires. I have everything I need to make another one which will feature an 8 way JS have the screen centered and artwork.

I did think though that with my electronics inside and your model cabinet building I could have the perfect machine (your 1943 cabinet was the one I had in mind).

Nearly forgot dimensions are 300 X 150 X 150 H W D in mm.

Mini_machine_2.JPGMini_machine_2.JPG Mini_machine.JPGMini_machine.JPG

2 months later
    #29 12 years ago

This seller is a thief. Look at his feedback on Ebay. AVOID, i never received mine and it looks like i'm not alone.

#30 12 years ago

Holy_Pickle are you sure about this?
    emotions aside for a few link something that can back up what your saying.
    we dont want this to turn out like another site that throws mud,
    - if your right we will back you however one member above states his was fine

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Holy_Pickle are you sure about this?
    emotions aside for a few link something that can back up what your saying.
    we dont want this to turn out like another site that throws mud,
    - if your right we will back you however one member above states his was fine

PM'd

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

This seller is a thief. Look at his feedback on Ebay. AVOID, I never received mine and it looks like I'm not alone.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear this. I thought for sure the dude was legit. Are you certain he isn't just backed up? Perhaps he didn't anticipate how much demand there would be. Does he respond to your emails?

#33 12 years ago

Thank You Holy_Pickle for getting back to me

I'm now waiting for Retro Heart to respond back

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Does he respond to your emails?

He did once, telling that the TOTAN has been shipped on May 5th....

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

He did once, telling that the TOTAN has been shipped on May 5th....

If it's coming from overseas, it's entirely possible that it's still in transit.

#36 12 years ago

I have bought a few of these models from Retro-Heart, both on and off ebay and have received them OK. He is sometimes a bit slow in posting the models out. I'm still waiting for a couple of models I bought off him on ebay back on the 2nd June, and I live in the UK where he is based.

#37 12 years ago

Typical! I post that my models haven't turned up, and then the mail man turns up with them today.

Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

This seller is a thief. Look at his feedback on Ebay. AVOID, i never received mine and it looks like i'm not alone.

Retro-Heart goes under a different name on ebay, and has 100% positive feedback with over a hundred transactions. The Retroheart on ebay you are thinking of lives in the USA.

I don't know the chap who sells these models personally, I'm just defending a fellow British citizen.

#38 12 years ago

Nope, the Ebay seller that i'm talking about is from U.K.
    I gave all the infos to HELLODEADCITY. Now, it is in his hands. Mine are empty.......$$$

#39 12 years ago

Hmmm. Just been having a sniff around on ebay. The seller who is selling these models to the USA is under a different name and different part of the country to the one who I have bought models from. Obviously the same models though.

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

Hmmm. Just been having a sniff around on ebay. The seller who is selling these models to the USA is under a different name and different part of the country to the one who I have bought models from. Obviously the same models though.

The plot thickens ...

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

I gave all the infos to HELLODEADCITY. Now, it is in his hands. Mine are empty.......$$$

Not so fast Holy Pickle said I'll look into it but your the guy thats still stuck.

Got a reply back from Retro Heart and he states shipping to the U.S. is through Royal Mail and takes a week to ten days - obvious your time is going on four times that.
    Make sure the address on your bill is the same-
    Retro Heart 70 York Street Rossington, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN110TG U.K.

#42 12 years ago

I looked at Paypal and i can't see his adress. His nick is pink-1976 and his name is Sharon Drysdale.

My ebay auction is there: ebay.com link: ws

His feedback was not as bad when i bought the item...

#43 12 years ago

Yikes! That's some pretty bad feedback. Even if his intentions are good, he's dug quite hole for himself.

#44 12 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Bally/Williams or Stern stepped in with a cease and desist letter. how can he sell these without some type of licensing deal?

#45 12 years ago

Thanks HELLODEADCITY for messaging me and telling me to check this thread.

To clear it up, I am not the ebay seller. I run my web site, and i deal with the workshop, and retailers etc. I do not have one single problem with any models purchased direct from me.

Holy_Pickle, if you pm or e mail me the info of what you ordered from ebay i will investigate on your behalf, and will personally honour any purchase you made to this person. If you were having troubles with any model connected to me even if not purchased from me, i am always available via my web site or even a pm on here. Im grateful HELLODEADCITY actually directed me to this thread otherwise i wouldnt have known you had an issue.

More then happy to help and rectify it

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from Retro-Heart:

To clear it up, I am not the ebay seller. I run my web site, and i deal with the workshop, and retailers etc. I do not have one single problem with any models purchased direct from me.

So the guy on eBay is buying models from you and then reselling them? Is he partnered with you in any way, or acting entirely on his own?

#47 12 years ago

I know the guy - and i can confirm that everything that i was asked to send out ( which totalled a LOT of models ) was sent out in good faith.

I havnt personally traded on Ebay for many years -- i think 2007 was the last time i did.

If anyone has any issue at all with any of these models i will honour them personally

So pm me, e mail or call me if you have an issue and i will go above and beyond to put it right for you.

Since i am a member here im still puzzled as to why HELLODEADCITY was the only and first fellow member to think to actually contact me directly and ask me. many thanks and blessings to him for that

#48 12 years ago

sorry for double post -- holy-pickle , i have sent you a pm buddy

as a show of goodwill and good faith if you give me the infos of what you ordered from the ebay seller along with your shipping info i will personally replace / honour that order

#49 12 years ago

Thanks for stepping in and getting the topic back on track Retro Heart

#50 12 years ago

Retro-Heart, i'm really sorry if i made you bad advertisement. I don't know exactly how to apologize since English is not my native language.

You don't have to replace the pin for this dishonest guy but i really appreciate your offer. Thank you.

Nest time, i will buy direct from your website!

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-112-scale-pinball-table-models and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.