New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 114687)

Mustang vs Walking dead

By gambit

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
TSPP_L_PF.jpg
STTNG_Best.jpg
Green Goblin.jpg
image.jpg
1420934378275.jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I think a Person Should own the Pin 4 a while to Give it a Bad rep

Well said.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I didn't like the music ( except for Ace of Spades )

Thats what the pinball browser is for. Sk8ball did some custom code songs and callouts on mine & it really makes a huge difference. Once he comes back down here we will do up a gameplay video & youll be able to see what i'm talking about.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Once he comes back down here we will do up a gameplay video & youll be able to see what i'm talking about.

Would Love 2 c It ,,, Be Cool !!

#54 5 years ago

I really think TWD wins by a mile. It is so much better.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

I really think TWD wins by a mile. It is so much better.

Absolutely !!! film'd w/ S4 so Leds R 2 bright ,, w/ my Canon it Would've lOoked Better

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

RobT , In yr Profile , it show's that u haven't owned either , but U Down Thumb Every TWD Like Post ,, I think a Person Should own the Pin 4 a while to Give it a Bad rep- as U r

What a joke. I've played it plenty on location. Far more than enough to comment on what I like and don't like about it.

Funny how I have to supposedly "own" a pin to "Give it a Bad rep- as U r" but it's perfectly ok for you to make up your mind on a pin in less than an hour:

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

More like Vinegar to Wine !!! I wanted Mustang gone w/N the 1st hour !!

Lrn 2 noT B a Hippo crit!

#57 5 years ago

I decided I wanted it Gone w/ N the 1st hour. Took me.a.month to Sell it tho. .

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I didn't like the music ...

Ouch.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

... (except for Ace of Spades )

Now that's better; I thought we would be arch-enemies !

#59 5 years ago

First of all, it's "aggrandizement". Or "aggrandizing".

Second, Mustang is a really exciting pin to play and in my ever so humble opinion, more fun than TWD. I've played both on route a lot (pros) and if I had to buy one at market price right now, I'd buy Mustang. "Easily".

Its tempting to say Mustang could be the next IM (a great game, unloved on release for various reasons). The main reason Mustang won't become the next IM (with its low production) is theme. IMs theme integration (including sounds, sfx and music) is so awesome. Mustang doesn't have all that going for it, but it does play fast and intense with ALOT of risk reward, like IM.

Theme wise Stern kind of whiffed on TWD. Redneck callouts ruin the vibe. And while it makes sense theme wise, there's just too much bashing IMO for a creative pinball. Everything's a freaking bash toy (evidently the LE decided yet a another bash toy was needed as well). Except the clugy crossbow, which might be fun, but I don't know because I haven't played an LE.

#60 5 years ago

I have a TWD pro and would love a mustang. Not much difference from bashing there either, hit the gear targets, hit the targets behind the targets. Hit the stand up nitros etc, hit the captive.

I originally thought TWD was a bash fest too, but it does has good flow with beautiful silky smooth ramps. At least on the pro. Not talking about that mess that is the le bicycle ramp.

#61 5 years ago

Walking Dead has 3 wizard modes that are nonexistent or borderline unobtainable, so it's hard to compare.

Has anyone killed 105 walkers yet? Ill never see last man standing, but it still feels more attainable than DODMB on Iron Man.

Does crossbow multiball even exist? (Similar to medieval madness barnyard multiball im assuming?)

Siege? Is that completing all the modes?

Horde? Is that completing all the multikill weapons?

Right now walking dead is 5 modes and 3 multiballs with various shot/playfield multipliers and combos. Its just too early to compare.

#62 5 years ago

I would like have and most likely at some point will have a Mustang LE to play for a while, with the songs changed out to my liking it seems like it would be fun. It will not be able to compete with my TWDLE but that doesn't mean its bad. All pinball machines can be fun, Jesus some guys have a blast playing EM's, I tried and it didn't happen but to each his own. Its like Wrestlemania not a theme that does anything for me but I want the pin at some point, when the new pin honeymoon phase is over, and I love that phase by the way, I will sell it if it doesn't hold my interest but will not know if I really love the pin until then.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And where are the "details of the post" that you made reference to dzoomer?
Oh, that's right, they don't exist.
Read better.

maybe he ment Da Zoomer. My kid just got a zoomer for xmas.

#64 5 years ago

As someone mentioned in another thread, TWD has tons of mods and add-ons. It's essentially the new Tron in terms of the modding community. Mustang doesn't have the same following or support.

There are some neat things to add to Mustang, i.e. different cars or some small signs, but TWD wins hands down with customization.

#65 5 years ago

Mustang all the way !!!

That being said, TWD is great too. I have LE versions of both games.

But if it's a throw down, Mustang LE all the way.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

More like Vinegar to Wine !!! I wanted Mustang gone w/N the 1st hour !! TWD is a Keeper 4 now

You made this judgement aging the more stripped
down Pro version with very early software. That is not giving the game a fair chance.

Go and play the Premium or LE model with the most recent software. Report back with an assessment that actually has merit.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

As someone mentioned in another thread, TWD has tons of mods and add-ons. It's essentially the new Tron in terms of the modding community. Mustang doesn't have the same following or support.
There are some neat things to add to Mustang, i.e. different cars or some small signs, but TWD wins hands down with customization.

So this is how you judge if a pinball machine is better? The more aftermarket mods you can add to it? Lol

#68 5 years ago

As they stand right now, I'm gonna say Mustang is a better game.

I love advancing through the Gears multiball and the risk/reward payoff of advancing further before cashing in.

Right now TWD is a bit of slog.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So this is how you judge if a pinball machine is better? The more aftermarket mods you can add to it? Lol

Yes, that's exactly what I said. I said TWD was better because you can glue more stuff to it. Hope this clarifies things.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes, that's exactly what I said. I said TWD was better because you can glue more stuff to it. Hope this clarifies things.

LOl ,,,,,, I loved this Green Goblin from BigLaw ..

Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Go and play the Premium or LE model with the most recent software. Report back with an assessment that actually has merit.

Banker has a Pro w/ the Latest code , but I have No desire to play it ,,

It's like I've been there & done that .. That's Pinball bro !! I'd like to play WWE , but Not buy it

Green Goblin.jpg
#71 5 years ago

Here's some pictures of my dream machines. I actually ran out of super glue during the modding process. I have a concrete mixer enroute to make the toys even more permanent.

More mods = better game. It's science.

TSPP_L_PF.jpgSTTNG_Best.jpg

#72 5 years ago

why does that borg ship look like it was painted with a sharpie?

#73 5 years ago

It actually lOoks GoOd !!

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

LOl ,,,,,, I loved this Green Goblin from BigLaw ..

Banker has a Pro w/ the Latest code , but I have No desire to play it ,,
It's like I've been there & done that .. That's Pinball bro !! I'd like to play WWE , but Not buy it

Well, you shouldn't go crapping on other people's fun just because you don't like it - and admit you haven't even tried it with the latest code. I'm sure the Pro is a blast, and IMHO big fun for the dollar, but the Premium/LE have even more to offer.

Its beyond me how you can bash the game and you only tried it in its initial state - software and hardware-wise. What's the point...?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

It actually lOoks GoOd !!

I hope that was a sarcastic response.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

There are some neat things to add to Mustang, i.e. different cars or some small signs,

What-you-talkin-bout-wilson....Have you seen my Mustang Pro. I've posted all my mods on Pinside except fot the candy red powdercoat armor, which looks killer by the way.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why does that borg ship look like it was painted with a sharpie?

Now we're knocking peoples mods. You should know better Captain.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What-you-talkin-bout-wilson....Have you seen my Mustang Pro. I've posted all my mods on Pinside except fot the candy red powdercoat armor, which looks killer by the way.

Listen Arnold, I've seen the cobra and Comet light strips! I'm playing devil's advocate.

Also, for those just joining us, I'm always subjective with games. They're just things. No, I don't think games are better when you super glue toys to the playfield. Play both, have fun, and make up your own mind.

#79 5 years ago

image-218.jpg

#81 5 years ago

OP, you should add a poll. This one is tough for me since they are so diffrrent. I have to give the nod to TWD.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Listen Arnold, I've seen the cobra and Comet light strips! I'm playing devil's advocate.

I know...I know.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now we're knocking peoples mods. You should know better Captain.

I'm not knocking the mod. Actually I think the color choices look good. Just wondering if it was done with a sharpie. Which if that's the case, turned out fairly well. I've seen cabinet decals redone the reds with sharpie and turned out pretty good. Ed C. did it and looked fairly well.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm not knocking the mod. Actually I think the color choices look good. Just wondering if it was done with a sharpie. Which if that's the case, turned out fairly well. I've seen cabinet decals redone the reds with sharpie and turned out pretty good. Ed C. did it and looked fairly well.

OK, thanks for explaining it a little better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, NE
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside