Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-218.jpg
TSPP_L_PF.jpg
STTNG_Best.jpg
Green Goblin.jpg
image.jpg
1420934378275.jpg
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Well i got a killer price on a mustang pro, they don't sell well here in the EU. Difference is about 25%.

Is it a OK game or is the walking dead way more fun? (I love the serie)

Cheers!

#2 9 years ago

I personally like Mustang more than Walking Dead, but both are fine games. Mustang got a lot of hate early on (much like Wrestlemania is getting now), but has gained at least a little respect once people actually played it. Of course there are still those that are turned off by the theme and won't give it a chance, and that's their loss. Walking Dead was almost the exact opposite with the initial announcement causing a frenzy of excitement, only to have a bit of disappointment once people actually played it. But...not much could have held up to that kind of hype so you have to take that with a grain of salt. Mustang is way better than it was expected to be, while (many would say) Walking Dead is not as good as it was hyped up to be.

It would be best to play them both yourself. Of course if you absolutely love (or hate) one of the themes, that makes it a bit easier too.

#3 9 years ago

Apples to oranges in type of game play.

I've only played TWD on early code so I can't really compare to well. Right now I prefer Mustang but with Lyman doing the code on TWD it would be hard to pass up. Since you seem to be a fan of the show I'd probably go TWD. You could always go with the Mustang and then sell it and buy a TWD once the code is done.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Well i got a killer price on a mustang pro, they don't sell well here in the EU. Difference is about 25%.
Is it a OK game or is the Walking Dead way more fun? (I love the serie)
Cheers!

Mustang is a MUCH better game rules wise, TWD has the MUCH better theme. So you can go with bad theme, good rules and fun playing in Mustang or good theme, fun playing, but unfinished rules with potential in TWD.

#5 9 years ago

A Mustang would be good against the walking dead, you could just drive right over them.

#6 9 years ago

I would pick walking dead...

#7 9 years ago

TWD kicks Mustang ass.

#8 9 years ago

I'm a huge huge fan of the show Walking Dead. The only show I watch and every week is an event when it's on. I bought Mustang.

I absolutely couldn't get over the callouts in TWD. The layout was iffy, and I have small kids that might get freaked out by the art. Looks like a fun game, but I passed.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

TWD kicks Mustang ass.

What he says

#10 9 years ago

If you can get Mustang at that good of a price you should get it because TWD will be at full price with the first code and it's still a month or two away. Play Mustang and wait till TWD's price comes and the code matures and then see if you want it.

#11 9 years ago

Mustang is a really great game!!! I would go with that at a good price , I do enjoy walking dead but personally I think mustang is more fun!!

#12 9 years ago

I have both but have to say twd blows mustang by a mile .....I still like mustang do....but not as much as my twd

#13 9 years ago

I have both games, Mustang LE. And TWD LE. They are both fun games. The 1.40 Mustang code made the game much better. I really like the game. Once TWD code is completed the game will be great. So for now Mustang Wins!!!

1420934378275.jpg1420934378275.jpg
#14 9 years ago

Mustang is a good game, despite the theme.
Curious to know what price you can get (shipped?).

My experience with TWD was short and painful. Part if the blame goes to early code but I don't like its layout.

#15 9 years ago

Why settle on these if your not really into them. Just get something else, plenty of other great pins to choose from.

#16 9 years ago

My impression of having about 30 min on TWD and only a couple plays on Mustang is I enjoyed TWD much more. I thought Mustang was a bit boring. If money was even TWD is the clear winner for me. However to get a NIB at 25% off I would have to give Mustang a second chance. Only if it didn't come with the late 90's model for the toy. That would be a deal breaker because I never liked that model.

BTW a '66 Mustang fastback is one of my grail cars.

#17 9 years ago

This ones a no brainer, TWD of course.

#18 9 years ago

I prefer Mustang because it's not the typical fan layout/bash toy model that Stern has been churning out. Plus Mustang has some nice risk vs. reward rules. TWD is o.k. but it seems like an inferior mishmash of X-Men combined with Metallica.

#19 9 years ago

I'd go Mustang. It has a unique playfield layout and great rules. Right now TWD just feels very plain and generic. Hopefully that will get better with code updates, though.

#20 9 years ago

Hay,HI fi,by the words, typical fan layout/bash toy model, r u by any way comparing the trek models,to twd or mustang??? You know those kinds of things,this vrs,that is all just what u r into!! Im a senior pinhead,and ive played mustang,ok,but my trek le does it for me,as well as my ripleys, so go easy,PEACE, HAWKMOON!! PIN A GO GO in MAY OK!!!!!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,HI fi,by the words, typical fan layout/bash toy model, r u by any way comparing the trek models,to twd or mustang??? You know those kinds of things,this vrs,that is all just what u r into!! Im a senior pinhead,and ive played mustang,ok,but my trek le does it for me,as well as my ripleys, so go easy,PEACE, HAWKMOON!! PIN A GO GO in MAY OK!!!!!

Black Rose?

#22 9 years ago

Stang and it is not even close; I owned both of them and Twd is no where near as good as mustang

#23 9 years ago

I'm a big zombie/horror fan who happens to have two Mustangs in the garage... so I think I can be objective here.

The Walking Dead wins. Not even close. I just find it a lot more fun, and if the last code update was any indication of things to come, it's going to be awesome once it's finished.

Another thing to think about: do you like doing mods to your games? If so, that's another checkmark in TWD's column. It's the new Tron as far as mods are concerned.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Stang and it is not even close

Quoted from 30FathomDave:

The Walking Dead wins. Not even close.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

TWD kicks Mustang ass.

Only if you are limiting it to theme.

Gameplay, quite the opposite is true I'm afraid.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Apples to oranges in type of game play.

More like Vinegar to Wine !!! I wanted Mustang gone w/N the 1st hour !! TWD is a Keeper 4 now

#27 9 years ago

Twd is Boring and stang is pure adrenalin rush

#28 9 years ago

or his Copycat

#29 9 years ago

this post is a joke right?? anyone with any sense who has some playing time on both machines would easily pick TWD over the Wustang for pure fun factor!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

this post is a joke right?? anyone with any sense who has some playing time on both machines would easily pick TWD over the Wustang for pure fun factor!

Nice hyperbole, but simply not a fact.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you can get Mustang at that good of a price you should get it because TWD will be at full price with the first code and it's still a month or two away. Play Mustang and wait till TWD's price comes and the code matures and then see if you want it.

TWD has already had a significant Lyman code update. From the feedback I've read and my experience many people are really enjoying TWD and its current coding already.

Quoted from RobT:

Nice hyperbole, but simply not a fact.

Yup, it's not a fact. It's an opinion, like everyone else's post here and just as reasonable. PerryD is more than welcome to it with his experience on both machines.

#32 9 years ago

Both are super fun and totally different playing machines.

Mustang might be too easy in a home environment. Walking Dead might prove more challenging in the long run. I doubt Ill ever see last man standing or crossbow multiball.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I have both games, Mustang LE. And TWD LE. They are both fun games. The 1.40 Mustang code made the game much better. I really like the game. Once TWD code is completed the game will be great. So for now Mustang Wins!!!

1420934378275.jpg 234 KB

Diggin the LE, I would agree gameplay wise I actually enjoy Mustang more, I really wanted to hate it as the theme is terrible, but every time I play it I have a great time with it, actually would buy an LE HUO if it was reasonably priced... Both are solid titles thou and TWD always has the potential to get better with further updates, whereas I believe Mustang is pretty well completed...

#34 9 years ago

Hey Hawk, I have a ST Pro and I love it but yes it's very similar to other Stern releases especially Spider-Man. I'm not a Stern or a Borg hater. It's just nice to have diversity. Mustangs rules and layout feels "different" to me. I also have an Ironman which is my favorite pin. Ironman is great due to its rule set. Hopefully TWD's code will also separate it from the pack. Time will tell....

#35 9 years ago

TWD is the better game. Killing zombies is also more fun than cars in my view.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Yup, it's not a fact. It's an opinion, like everyone else's post here and just as reasonable. PerryD is more than welcome to it with his experience on both machines

No, it's not just as reasonable because he said anyone who had "any sense" would "easily" pick TWD over "Wustang" and even said that the very thread asking the question is a "joke".

Of course he can have his opinion. And I am free to point out that plenty of people disagree with it, and to point out that those who have a differing opinion can have just a much "sense" as anyone else.

No "joke".

Quoted from perryd:

#37 9 years ago

Mustang's callouts are corny, but they fit the theme.

TWD's callouts are corny, and they don't fit the theme at all.

To add context, imagine BSD's callouts on RBION. Imagine Metallica's callouts on MM. Limited or no callouts would have been better, i.e. HS2.

I hope TWD's callouts get fixed, because I think Stern completely missed the point. The art is great, the layout is unique, but that redneck has no place in the game.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, it's not just as reasonable because he said anyone who had "any sense" would "easily" pick TWD over "Wustang" and even said that the very thread asking the question is a "joke".
Of course he can have his opinion. And I am free to point out that plenty of people disagree with it, and to point out that those who have a differing opinion can have just a much "sense" as anyone else.
No "joke".

This forum is all about aggrandization and those details are not the main point in his post (ie, TWD is better). By all means if you want to dispute the details of a post, then point them out, otherwise your responses will generally get accredited to the overall conclusion, not the details.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

This forum is all about aggrandization and it is not his main point in the post. If you want to dispute the details of a post, then point them out, otherwise your responses will generally get accredited to the overall conclusion, not the details.

The layout of TWD was ruined by the pops and the fact that 3 shots lead to them and the ball just feels like its in the bermuda triangle while in there. Mustang is fast & flowing and had a great risk/reward ruleset. That and once you Pinball Browser some good songs into it and remove redneck callouts its a great sounding game too. Lyman will come up with some cool rules im sure for TWD but the layout was ruined for me by that one section of the playfield.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

This forum is all about aggrandization and it is not the main point in his post. If you want to dispute the details of a post, then point them out, otherwise your responses will generally get accredited to the overall conclusion, not the details.

Wow.

How in the world can you say that it was not the main point in his post?

Maybe read it again? I even pointed out all the things that he said that were pure hyperbole or "aggrandization" <sic> as you put it.

I saw zero "details" in his post that you make reference to. Can you point them out for me?

Was there a discussion of the rules in his post? Stacking strategies? How the pin shoots?

#41 9 years ago

aggrandize

To widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.

#42 9 years ago

ag·gran·dize
əˈɡranˌdīz/
verb
enhance the reputation of someone or something beyond what is justified by the facts.

to make appear great or greater : praise highly

Quoted from RobT:

Wow.
Maybe read it again? I even pointed out all the things that he said that were pure hyperbole or "aggrandization" <sic> as you put it.
I saw zero "details" in his post that you make reference to. Can you point them out for me?
Was there a discussion of the rules in his post? Stacking strategies? How the pin shoots?

Not rocket science here.

Quoted from perryd:

Aggrandization (aka details, edited to point out what was thought to be obvious) = is a joke....any sense...easily pick...Wustang

Main point = TWD > Mustang

#43 9 years ago

And where are the "details of the post" that you made reference to dzoomer?

Oh, that's right, they don't exist.

Read better.

#44 9 years ago

Already discussed. Read better.

#45 9 years ago

Played 'em both a little, and enjoyed playing Mustang more. I found the gameplay more intuitive. And I wasn't a fan of the call-outs on TWD. It was a yokel yelling about brains exploding etc. and didn't really align with the show's atmosphere, of which I'm a big fan.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Already discussed. Read better.

That was a great non answer.

Let me know when you want to list those "details" of his post.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That was a great non answer.
Let me know when you want to list those "details" of his post.

Look again. The obvious is now pointed out for your benefit.

Quoted from RobT:

Wow.

In the post from what you quoted at that point it's pretty obvious how the details were shown as well as the main point. It was all lumped together with your quote and as such your response.

#48 9 years ago

#49 9 years ago

I have TWDle and Mustang Pro. Got Mustang because of the cheap price. Was very surprised by the fun play. I really ike it. Mustang , I feel, is a great game for the price. TWD is also a really fun game, and more difficult than Mustang. If you are going for value then Mustang. If you want a game that you'll have for a long time and will enhance your collection , then TWD.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The layout of TWD was ruined by the pops and the fact that 3 shots lead to them and the ball just feels like its in the bermuda triangle while in there.

Brother I really Dig tha Fast paced action of the Pop's ,, Reminds me of my Getaway , rebuilt and Strong
Yea , TWD is Ok as is , but a New code to activate the Last man standing & what-ever else needs to happen .. Mustang Pro is a Beautiful Pin , I Love the Ford car ,, but i Couldn't get N 2 it @ all .. I didn't like the music ( except for Ace of Spades ) .. It was the hardest Pin to Sell that I've Ever owned ..

Here's a video of Triadwatch play-n in the GRG ,, he's in the Top 10 in Point's ( PAPA ) in N.Carolina , maybe Better ,, I'm Not sure ,, LimeLime would Know

& RobT , In yr Profile , it show's that u haven't owned either , but U Down Thumb Every TWD Like Post ,, I think a Person Should own the Pin 4 a while to Give it a Bad rep- as U r ,,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-vs-walking-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.