27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png
IMG_0261 (resized).png
IMG_0262 (resized).png
IMG_0258 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #422 Factory Mustang toy car selection Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #508 Short summary of the rules Posted by BillySastard (8 years ago)

Post #558 Strategy tips Posted by Eskaybee (8 years ago)

Post #666 Pre-installed song list Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #705 Link to rules set Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1002 Links to gameplay videos Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1114 Pre-installed songs Posted by Tuna_Delight (7 years ago)

Post #1724 Video of SmartDMD colorization Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It can give them out like candy, but sometimes it's more stingy. It always seems like when I care, it wants to stop giving them out.

When I first got mine, I was getting the EB's like crazy. I commented about it earlier in this thread. But after having the pin for awhile, I know for a fact that I am not getting nearly as many EB's as I once was. It almost seems like it has adjusted to my game play/scores and has reduced the EBs.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't understand the hate.

Those "in the know" get it.

I think Mustang is Stern's best pin since MET, and I'd go as far as saying that it compares quite favorably. Mustang has a less "wood chopping" feel to it than MET.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rules question:
anyone know how often the orbit gates should be open? For instance, during police pursuit sometimes they'll never open up and other times I play the mode they're open on pretty much every shot. Do the modes act differently each time they are played which could be causing this strange observation?

The right orbit shot should have the gate open any time the right orbit shot is lit during Police Pursuit (and it's probably open even if that shot isn't lit/flashing).

The left side shot is a different animal with more variations I believe, so I'm not sure on that one.

In my video you can see me nail the right orbit shot a few times (2out of 3 shots) during Police Pursuit and it goes all the way around (start around the 1:00 minute mark):

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I went into feature adjustment #15; extra ball weight - and set it to 5. Seems to have helped dramatically.

I played with that before, but I wasn't sure what the numbers meant? Higher for more EB's, or less?

1 week later
#300 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's risk vs. reward. Gear 6 doesn't guarantee a 50 million (or 100 million super jackpot) and trying for Gear 6 doesn't mean you will automatically get it. You can get very big scores even without that super jackpot.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. I mean I understand why some people feel the scoring on Gear 6 MB is "lopsided", but I don't feel that way because there is a decent amount of risk involved to get to it.

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've played the Pro and LE extensively. For me, it would be a Pro no brainer. There isn't enough extras that are utilized well for me to even consider buying an LE. The owner of the LE on route here shares that sentiment. He was sold a bill of goods to upgrade to the LE and he regrets it alot.

If he really regrets it a lot, why doesn't he sell it and get a pro and pocket the difference? He wouldn't have a hard time selling the LE.

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

He's an operator. He called to order a Pro and got suckered...I mean talked into buy an LE. At the time the distributor was desperate to sell one cause it was such a horrible seller when they first came out. He got smooth talked to an LE and no very much regrets it.

What the hell kind of OP lets a distributor get him "smooth talked" into buying a pin he didn't want to buy?

3 weeks later
#407 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

today I took a picture of Steve Ritchie...
Great to see him in the Mustang pin...steve_in_mustang.JPG

I love the fact that they did that in this game. Fits perfectly.

2 months later
#475 8 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Omg.....this cab is gorgeous!!!

IMG_20150716_200243.jpg

It is absolutely gorgeous, and that picture doesn't come close to doing it justice (I'm sure you would agree). The sheen from the metallic decals look sweet in person, but are hard to photograph.

Congrats on the LE. You will love it!

2 weeks later
#538 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Do the inserts color change on pro too?

Negative.

1 week later
#616 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Sorry guys, but I have to agree with BillySastard. While I appreciate your enthusiasm about the actual car's mechanics (I wished I owned one!) this thread is supposed to be about the pinball game itself.
From what I've observed, the primary reason for Mustang not being more popular among pinheads is that a lot of them just aren't into cars and don't get excited by the theme. I think as word of the game's actual quality spreads, more Pinsiders will make the effort to check this thread out. Unfortunately, I also think that if they finally do so and see a lot of discussion regarding actual car mechanics, they may just exit again without giving it the time it deserves.
Just my humble opinion as a fan of both the car and the game.

I just can't believe that people would actually go out of their way to complain about some people talking about their love of cars in a Mustang thread.

Is it *really* that much of an inconvenience to pass over those posts if they don't interest you?

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm not looking to make a big deal out of this. Just want to point out that I offered a stated opinion in support of another post and provided my reasoning behind it. Please reread it. It's not a matter of inconvenience in skipping posts; I do it ALL the time in forum threads.

Yet you saw fit to post your opposition.

I'm not saying that you were rude or anything, you weren't.

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Its the true limited one thats for sure. Doesnt the LE have lenticular side art or some shit?

Yes, and it looks way better to me. It is a sight to behold in person.

The Boss Premium may be more rare, but as far as appearance goes, I would take the LE all day long. Honestly there are only a few pins that I've owned that are better looking than Mustang LE.

#688 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The LE cabinet is GORGEOUS. But we're not all high rollin playboy billionaires like you Counselor ! I got a great deal on my Pro, but every week when I step in my music store I feel a little pang knowing I could've had that Les Paul + that set of Gretsch drums + the $600 Pearl double bass pedal Ive been dreaming of for years.
Then I come home and play Mustang and everything's ok.

I didn't buy my LE NIB, got a very nice deal on a HUO. I think the pro is a really good value!

#694 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Counselor, are you gonna make it out for Chicago Expo ? You'd be a whole lot cooler if you did ! Hell, I'll even let you buy me a beer (or 12) !!!

Would love to! Not sure if it's in the cards though.

#698 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You're a gentleman and a scholar sir.

You obviously don't know him like I do!

#701 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just noticed you were in San Diego. You hear that dude all day then right brah ? All I need is some tasty waves.

Totally narly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.