04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png
IMG_0261 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #422 Factory Mustang toy car selection Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #508 Short summary of the rules Posted by BillySastard (8 years ago)

Post #558 Strategy tips Posted by Eskaybee (8 years ago)

Post #666 Pre-installed song list Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #705 Link to rules set Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1002 Links to gameplay videos Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1114 Pre-installed songs Posted by Tuna_Delight (7 years ago)

Post #1724 Video of SmartDMD colorization Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago

*edit* Nvm..

1 year later
#443 8 years ago

Well, I'm joining this club for at least a little while. We just snagged a game off a location that only had 1500 plays on it. Was unboxed in December from our local retailer, FUN. Goodie bag was never even taken off or opened for that matter. In the process of cleaning it up, and there's a dead pop bumper transistor (YAY) but other than that, plays nice and fast... updated the code.

Someone care to explain exactly how the skill shot works? I don't see any way to get the ball to the flipper without it hitting the spinner?

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

holding the left flipper

Okay, there's the missing key.

I don't even know what a powershift is, and the pro doesn't have hazard targets..

1 month later
#500 8 years ago

So....confirmed a pretty big glitch on the game last night.. kind of bad for tournaments.

Start 6-ball gear shift on any ball other than your last ball. Play down to 2 balls, tilt out......get a free 6-ball multiball at the start of your next ball.

/sigh.

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Another pretty big glitch that I found on my premium was with Drag Race. I got the multiball started, then after playing for a while I drained one ball, ending the MB. I then shot the scoop and was able to start Drag Race again and get another MB. I don't know the specifics of how to get it twice, but I've had it happen at least twice that I can remember.

Less of an issue, but I'll see if I can replicate it. Kind of sounds like more of a trough or shooter lane switch issue (like the shooter lane switch stuck closed) to me though. And frankly, that mode is coded really smart...it's not very lucrative points-wise. 1 million super jackpots is like less than most of the mode shots are worth.

#504 8 years ago

Okay, maybe I won't try and replicate it then.. I have a pro. God knows what else that issue could be tied to on the premium/LE's.

I was having a lot of issues with Drag Race not ending correctly, restarting, etc, when I first picked mine up. It was the shooter lane switch.

#506 8 years ago

Oh wait..I just remembered something. Did you have the mystery lit and possibly shoot it at the last second? I *DID* have one game where it really freaked out in the manner described where my mystery was lit, I shot the scoop to just go ahead and change races, and it immediately kicked back into Drag Race, animation and everything.

#529 8 years ago

We bought ours while kids were away from a month. They were thrilled to see it, which actually kind of surprised me a bit. Especially because I told the younger one we had sold X-Men LE to try and find a spiderman. I guess he's still too young to get all butthurt about something like that, thankfully.

1 week later
#574 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Torn between picking up stang or KISS. Is Mustang really worth NIB prices. I can get one for 4600 to my door but wondering if its worth that.

Paid far less than that for my Pro that was on location for 5 months, low plays....would recommend finding used if you're going the pro route...they're out there, and far cheaper than 4600.

#578 8 years ago

Trust me, when you start trying to actually COMPLETE Cruisin', you'll wish you had the CAUTION targets and the free shots they award. Having that be the only mode in the game that I know of that you have to complete TWICE to get to Silverball Stampede SUUUUUCKS....the second time around you have to shoot every shot IN ORDER, and then hit a moving shot that goes by faster and faster, and hit it three times. UGH. It's a tough bitch of a mode.

#581 8 years ago

lol, I like it in TF too, honestly. But I think it moves substantially faster than the ones in TF did. I'm not sure, never owned TF. It's just a bit difficult in Mustang to time because the shots are either sucker shots (NOS targets and lane? Yeah..I'm not shooting those for that!), switches are WAAAAAY back in the orbit (Left and right orbit shots), or have a substantial delay (messenger ball in spinout) from when you hit it to when the switch is activated.

The only safe thing to do is to shoot the scoop over and over while the shot is roaming.

#596 8 years ago

I can do a rundown of Mustang rules...it won't take that long. Hell, I have half of it written on a facebook PM to someone that asked for advice prior to Pinburgh.

My suggetstion for noobs is to go for 5th or 6th gear. One super jackpot can win a game. Also, don't shoot the ramp for super jackpots unless you just HAPPEN to get it. The captive ball does the exact same thing and won't come back STDM.

*Edit* It's not going to show up tomorrow or the next day...I'm working like 70 hours this week and I have some fun stuff lined up early next week that takes precedence.. I'll try and see if I can have it up sometime in the next week.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

One thing I'm not currently clear on are any rule differences (such as getting Mustang letters) on the Pro version as I've only played LE's so far and haven't had the time to fully check out Pro gameplay videos.

Pro is "X number of spinner spins to light the scoop to collect a letter. Letters are awarded in sequence and do not carry over from player to player or game to game if competition mode is on in the options."

#624 8 years ago

I'm not a car guy *AT ALL* for the record. I can't even be arsed to fix a torn rubber fitting that goes to my engine air filter that I have several replacements for on hand. My Civic Hybrid just crossed 200k miles and looks like crap. Interior is shot, paint is flaking, it's got shoddy body work...and still usually gets over 30mpg. It's paid off and that's all I care about!

#642 8 years ago

*edit* Nevermind.

#645 8 years ago

If you continually wipe down your cabinet, that's going to cause more wear than just standard use, IMO. The makrolon protectors will work, but frankly I'd rather have the lollipop rails, and that's what I've got on my game.

#658 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I love the red in the pro

True that...

I've got Mustang, Met Pro, and Tron.....Red, white, and blue...go figure.

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Well seeing as how tachs grab from the negative side of the coil its not too hard to figure out

That's generally the case with most of these mods that aren't involving coding or a custom PCB... fortunately for the mod builders most people are REALLY lazy (Yeah, I'm looking at you people that paid 150 bucks for a set of hallmark cycles...)...to the point they won't even do 5 minutes of wiring and making a connector, even when the parts source is known. Boggles my mind, but hey....it's their money.

The only mod I haven't been able to figure out really is the plasma disc mods. I refuse to buy one to see how it was done, and I tried to take one apart with....less than desirable results. The wire broke off INSIDE the glass tube nipple, somehow..

#685 8 years ago

Yeah, I can buy power bricks like that in bulk from my local electronics store, no problem. Probably less than 5 bucks a piece. The issue is getting the disc separated from the control box it's attached to without destroying the leads in the first place!

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't understand, why remove it from the box? It runs on 2 double A batteries so just solder the leads to where the batteries go and put the cover back on.

Because the specific use I want for it doesn't have room to accomodate the box. It needs to be as flat up against something as I can get it. I was going to drill a hole for the mounting, and attach it with epoxy, and put the glass nipple through the back, then the wires would be hidden from player view completely. For my idea to work, it's got to be removed from the box....there's no other way to correctly position it.

#746 8 years ago

Check the switches for the drop targets, and also the molex connector that goes to the PCB for them. It's probably loose. Happens ALL THE TIME on our local location game. Sucks.

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Just a personal observation.(I am probably alone in this

You're not. I haven't put them on my games becuase I don't want the additional distraction. I think they kind of fit on Mustang or other car games though, given the history of "ground effects."

2 weeks later
#827 8 years ago

Just want to point out my game is for sale for 3800 if anyone wants to make the drive. Pics on my FS thread. ;P

#841 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

So the ball on Mustang seems really 'floaty.' Basically, it will consistently roll from the flippers and it's almost impossible to trap. I can't even trap on the right flipper from the toilet bowl.
Is the game designed like this, or am I on crack? I'm thinking the flippers may be misaligned by 1/8 of an inch or so downward...

Every Mustang I've ever played is like this, regardless of pitch. It's REALLY hard to trap up on this game for whatever reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.