6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #422 Factory Mustang toy car selection Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #508 Short summary of the rules Posted by BillySastard (8 years ago)

Post #558 Strategy tips Posted by Eskaybee (8 years ago)

Post #666 Pre-installed song list Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #705 Link to rules set Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1002 Links to gameplay videos Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1114 Pre-installed songs Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1724 Video of SmartDMD colorization Posted by sirlonzelot (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

408 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 2.
#9 10 years ago

It's all your fault Jim so sign me up. Now I'll have 2 Mustangs, one to drive and have fun and the other to play and have fun. Hope it comes Friday.

#11 10 years ago

You better not tell me you sold it to buy pins.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

the tach mod is cool as hell, will definitely be doing that too!

Are you on the preorder list? Make sure you put the Steve McQueen plaque on it as well, that would really be cool.

#19 10 years ago

I just saw that HOOKED will stop taking preorders at midnight tonight (Friday 4/25/14) so get them in ASAP.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I'm opening up a NIB one tonight and putting some games on it to see how it is.

I'm doing the same tonight, mine just arrived 15 minutes ago. We be havin some fun tonight.

5 months later
#41 9 years ago

Don't know if you guys have seen this before but I lit the SHIFT plastic. I don't know about you guys buy I've been modding the heck out of mine.

IMGA0202-770.JPGIMGA0202-770.JPG IMGA0231.JPGIMGA0231.JPG IMGA0232.JPGIMGA0232.JPG IMGA0200.JPGIMGA0200.JPG IMGA0195.JPGIMGA0195.JPG
#43 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

the lit shift plastic looks great, well done
here is a 4 speed option, more of a old school Hurst version and makes sense that the plunger now takes the position of 1st gear.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/2751587/pinball-plunger-gear-shift-plate-4-speed.html?li=aeTabs

299678-i.jpg 27 KB

Looks great. If you could do a chromed plastic one for under $25 shipped I'd buy it.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Thank you - we had fun bringing it and watching everyone enjoy it.. I love those soundtracks

Did ya replace all the tracks?

1 week later
#58 9 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I love my LE No.466. I love every bit of this machine, including each song. It would be great to be able to load 100 songs and pick from the list. One day soon Stern? Please and thank you!!

If yours is #466 I wonder if that means they have sold 466 LE's.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Today at the TN auction I bid and lost on two Mustang LE at 4650 both sold for just over 4700. I was told the one really sold and was not a buyback.
Transformers LE new in box sold for 4100
Mustang out of the box 3400 and another pro new in box sold for 4100

Dang....some VERY good prices.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

If I ever find LE #351, I think I have to buy it.
I'm still undecided if I would rather have the Premium or the LE. I like all the LE's added gameplay features, but I LOVE the look of the Boss artwork on the premium! Grrr...

Reskin the cab and bb and swap out the tl....no problemo. You would have a one of a kind game then.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I'd have to make a set like The Hobbit's sideart, being interchangeable and all.
It could be done....

and just think how easy it would be compaired to having to repair a banged up cab then re-skin it. Heck, you wouldn't even get your hands dirty...it's a new game. That would make a great topic, I wonder if anyone has ever taken an LE and re-skinned it to a Premium.

#78 9 years ago

You posted the 69 before, VERY nice. What colors are the other two? Are you keeping them stock? I PRAY you are.

#80 9 years ago

I see, I just hope you don't go with a clear coat and color. Stick with the original enamel and go for the original factory look.

#82 9 years ago

So if ya get in a fender bender and have an enamel paint job what do ya do, paint the whole car because of a banged up fender?

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Pretty much. AE has been outlawed for a LOOONG time now. Probably a couple decades. I had a friend with a GT/CS that had that exact problem. He got t-boned in the passenger door(replaced the door and just straightened out the fender) and had to repaint the whole car because the paint didn't match. It wasn't even close. And it was a Wimbledon White car, not even a metallic color!

Crap....no way would I live in CA.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I love Minnesota, I just couldn't take the winters. I've got friends and family in Minneapolis, Bemidji, Thief River Falls, Duluth, Slayton, all over the place. I'm usually in the Twin Cities every other year to visit people or to take in a Twins game. Some friends and I went and stayed with some of his cousins in Minneapolis the year they opened Target Field. THAT was a fun trip!

Well next time your in town give me a shout and come over for some beer, pins and pizza. I might even have the Mustang done and we could go cruzin.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I now own the pro featured at the beginning of this thread. It has become the game I play nightly with my 7yr old son. It's his current favorite. I get the impression there aren't many Mustangs in Pinsider's hands, but I really recommend this game. The layout is unique compared to recent stern games.
Seeing the "toilet bowl", I stereotyped the game and assumed it would play like Creature. It doesn't at all and the way the bowl is incorporated into the software is fun. Each time the ball makes a revolution, the engine revs. It's a cool effect. I put a shaker in mine and it's well used. The option to "opt out" of a multi-ball and receive higher scoring if you make the next one is also neat.
I suspect this game will gain popularity over time as more people are exposed to it.

Welcome to the Club. The code update really helped the game come alive, are you planning on modding it? Many don't like it and will never like it just because of the theme, they hate anything Ford. Their loss is our gain.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

MN-flipper, the OP did great mods before I got it. He added a great car with a little led dome light. It has speaker lights, backbox led, led police car plus two other cars, custom road signs, tachometer plus customs songs. I added the shaker.
I think a shifter shooter rod handle would look cool. I have considered letting my son pick out a new centerpiece car or two so he can help change it. He loves to "work on pinball with Poppy".

Oh, you got Jim's game, that's a sweet one, he helped me unbox and set up mine. You should do my SHIFT plastic light up, it really looks great.

IMGA0231.JPGIMGA0231.JPG IMGA0232.JPGIMGA0232.JPG
#93 9 years ago

I just added under apron flashers on my Pro. Not the wimpy 6 led pads but big honker 15 led pads, 5 of them and WOW does LIGHT UP!! Total cost was about $15. I might go with a bigger pad like a 24 in a couple of places but then I'll have to put a red jell over them because they only come in white and then the clear red apron would lose most of it's color. Moddin the pin is almost as fun as moddin my Mustang car. I'm havin fun.

IMGA0376.JPGIMGA0376.JPG IMGA0377.JPGIMGA0377.JPG IMGA0379.JPGIMGA0379.JPG IMGA0381.JPGIMGA0381.JPG
#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I got the LE earlier this year and it's a great addition to my collection. I understand why most hardcore pinheads don't like the "realistic" theme because it's not fantasy or sci fi. I love anything automotive and the gameplay is fast and fun. It gets the most gameplay from friends when they visit, it's an easy game to jump into and it pops visually. The latest update added some nice rules and made the bowl interactive and part of the car upgrade process in the game. I added the Sparky Pinball screen which came with the famous chase scene from Bullitt. I replaced all the lame car toys with some of my own choosing. I'll post some photos soon.

Good to hear from you.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I like that car

Me too but I much prefer my tires and wheels.

Mustang at BIR 1980.jpgMustang at BIR 1980.jpg
#103 9 years ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

I have another Option....

12.JPG 18 KB

The car looks great but the tires and wheels (to me) are wrong. It's a road race car and those tires and wheels would last about 30 seconds on a road course.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Actually that's a drag car. Old Mustangs weren't known for their turning ability.

Looks like a road race car to me and I've never seen drag tires and wheels like those before. You just have to know how to set them up for road racing.

This is my buddy's Grabber Blue Mach1 RR Mustang. I've put many working hours on it and have ridden many laps at speed (160+). Handles like a go cart....well almost. Another of my friends has a '65 Shelby road race car with a 550 hp, 9200rpm, 16 to 1 compression ratio 289 in it with a cluchless Jerico trany.

The Grabber Orange '70 Boss 302's run in the vintage class and are owned by a guy in Appleton, WI. He has about 5 or 6 other vintage Mustangs also. Must be nice to have money.
1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg
IMGA0099.JPGIMGA0099.JPG
IMGA0100.JPGIMGA0100.JPG
IMGA0101.JPGIMGA0101.JPG
IMGA0102.JPGIMGA0102.JPG

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

On any first generation Mustang the following improvements will help the handling. Lowering the A-Arms, larger sway bar, Monte Carlo bar, Export Brace, and stiffer shocks on all 4 corners.

That's right plus all the sheet metal seams on the undercarrage are seam welded not just spot welded, the upper A arms and lower control arms are boxed in on the underside, a short pitman arm on the steering box, a quicker steering box (16 to 1 I believe), 750lb front springs with a coil cut off to make them about 850lb which lowers the front end and don't forget the over rider traction bars and panhard rod on the rear end housing, an extra leaf spring added with 1in. lowering blocks. And I heard that the BOSS had the front A pillers shortened by an inch which dropped the roof down in front to make it more aero.

My Mustang has all of yours and mine (except lowering the roof in front)mods on it that we posted here and there are probably a couple I can't think of right now and that's just the suspension and steering mods.

#110 9 years ago

ohhhhh baby, that '69 brings tear's to my eyes. My '70 was a Grabber Package Mustang, Grabber Orange, dual racing mirrors, blacked out tail light panel, hub caps and trim rings and a black reflective C stripe like on the '69 Boss's....but without the BOSS 302 part on it. I've known about Kar Kraft since forever. Seeing that '69 makes me want mine back RIGHT now....but have to wait. Looks really funny with the roll around tires on it.

M 5.JPGM 5.JPG
M 2.JPGM 2.JPG
M 7.JPGM 7.JPG
IMGA0298.JPGIMGA0298.JPG
IMGA0300.JPGIMGA0300.JPG

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

These T/A Boss 302's were never really meant for the street.

That's for sure, everything on them was so HD that there was no way you could do that. Mine is set up old school like those and if you get on a rough road it's murder. But on smooth roads it's pure joy. Ya know on a 2 lane highway when a semi passes you going the other direction and your both doing 65mph, I can take my hands off the steering wheel and the car doesn't even flinch when you pass each other. If your doing 65 or 140 it "feels" like your doing those speeds. Unless I do something stupid it's very hard to overdrive my car at speed. Under braking or missing a down shift is what usually gets me in trouble.

1 week later
#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I played Mustang at Nevus' place and I really enjoyed it. I have RFM on the way but I'm always thinking about the next one. I've gone from AMH, IM, TWD, and now I'm leaning towards Mustang. Just a fun, fast, loud game. Oh, and custom songs are a must!

That's good to hear, if you get it I hope it stays a while. With as much as I've blinged out my Pro it aint goin nowhere.

#116 9 years ago

EVERYONE!!! You have got to go to utube and watch the Ken Block video Assault LA. It's the best 15 you can spend watching a Mustang. It's FANTASTIC!! And if you have a good sound system CRANK IT!!!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I recently played the Pro as well and really enjoyed it. My question for the owners is this...
If the 1.40 software was the last update this game will ever get, are you satisfied? If I ever considered buying one, it's likely the software won't see any more updates, so I'm wondering if it is decent as it stands or still needs work?
Based on the apparent lack of sales, I'm speculating it won't get the attention, so I want to make sure it's good.

Well it all really depends on how much of a rules junky you are. For some the rules are easy to understand and can play the game to the max. Me, I'm just a player not a rules follower so the game is fine right now for me.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I had the a group over yesterday and Mustang got good reviews.
Except one Pinsider, who refers to it as "Pinto"

It's a fun game. My boss came over the other day, hadn't been over since I got Mustang and first game got over 70 mil. He loved it.

1 week later
#128 9 years ago

Sweet, love the Refinery's attention to detail, I have their MET. Like the shifter pattern shooter housing. Is your turntable '70 Grabber Orange Boss 302? Hard to tell for sure only seeing only that much.

2 weeks later
#138 9 years ago

What model Mustang is that protector for?

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

According to pin protection it is for all. I didn't realize prem already had one. I'll give you a better deal if you need one Paul. You got some nice mods on yours.

All? That's a really different design. Thanks for the offer but I already have a Cliffy on mine. Hey thanks, I still have a Cobra night light for sale so you can make one just like mine.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Added Polk sub and shaker. Also added a topper. Having fun with this game.

image.jpg 122 KB

WOW an old speedo cluster. Cool idea. I tried sharing a sub between STPro and Mustang and Mustang got completly drown out so I took it off.

#147 9 years ago

Ohhhhh, I thought it looked a little small.

Quoted from MJW:

Pin protection states ebay ad had this fitting all models. Their price is $25.00. Or best offer.

OK. Looks to be pretty HD.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Twins!

My first NIB!
Thanks, Mike (GAP)!

20150102_133834.jpg 169 KB

20150102_143622.jpg 210 KB

WOW, now you have a blue one and a red one, life is good. Mustang was my first NIB also. I'll have a black one and a red one. Both the pin and my Mustang car were bought new.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

What would interest be if we made Swinks shifter overlay at a very reasonable price point of say $34.95 in metal - chromed with inlayed letters in say black or red?

I think a chromed plastic 4 speed one for $25 delivered would be better. I'd be in for that one. $35 + shipping is to much for me.

1 month later
#170 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Looking forward to buying the chrome shooer housing, looks slick.

Quoted from blimpey:

Looking forward to buying the chrome shooer housing, looks slick.

Housing or 4 speed plate as in the picture above?

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My game should be here in about a week, but I have a stack of things to add: speaker lights, superbands, clear shooter rod, LEDs, Cliffys, etc. My first car was a Mustang, but one of my dream cars was the 2008 Mustang Bullitt.
I bought a Franklin Mint 1:24 2008 Mustang Bullitt (as a replacement for the car on there now) plus an OEM Bullitt badge for the speaker panel. I have Cobras for the speakers also, but we'll see if they fit the theme! The game already has red powdercoat, so curious if the green will match.

image-392.jpg 151 KB

Anything else to buy before it gets here? I started my Mustang engine today for the first time in 14 years, primed the oil pump to 60psi for 30 seconds , dropped the distributer back in and it fired right up. Ahhhh nothin like the sound of open headers and the smell of 110 race gas. Now just waiting for the paint job and final assembly. You sell your RFM yet? Just asking.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yup, RFM is gone as of today. TWD is ready for its new home!

Your cleanin house.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

The plate, but I am also going to get the housing chromed. Thinking red powder coat for the other cab. hardware.

All my armor is candy red powder coated and it looks stunning including the shooter housing but the coin door is still stock black. I have the red clear apron on with big red led flashers under it and wow does it light up nice. Clear flipper buttons with 2 red dual flex head leds lighting each buttons. A very beautiful package if I do say so myself.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Can I buy a stock red transparent apron? Pinball Refinery has the $130 version with flashers, but I don't need the flashers.

Contact them, I'm sure they will sell ya a plain one. I was told they make the wiring on demand so I'd think they would be more then happy to sell you a plain one and not have to spend the time to make the wiring. Say hi to Gio for me and tell him I sent you.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Have you guys seen my apron ?
I have a few blacks left - not on the site but would build....if your more into the LE look rather than red plastic. The center emblem is a decal they gave out at the Charlotte Birthday party for Mustang last year.

mustang pro 003.JPG 103 KB

I take it the 2 pony inserts are plastic not decals.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

The two inserts are the same commercial grade art inserts as my ACDC and Elvis LE aprons.
The upcoming Metallica LE apron will have the same type art work.

Bummer, they look a lot better then the stickers on my plastic one.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Just swaped out the 99' Cobra with the 2015 GT.image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks great...now ya just gotta light up that SHIFT plastic.

IMGA0231.JPGIMGA0231.JPG IMGA0232.JPGIMGA0232.JPG
#190 9 years ago

I have a 1-1/4, 1-3/8 and a 1-1/2 and I like the 1-3/8 best. If you meant 1-1/16 yeah that would be way to small. Never heard of a 1-1/6 before. All my armor including the shooter housing is candy red so your chrome plate would look great but how much is it? If it were chrome plastic I'd buy it in a second but a chrome metal one has got to be spendy.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Changed out the BOSS. The original Grabber Green 1970 BOSS 302 is now swapped for a Grabber Blue 1970 BOSS 429.
DSCN0654.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
It took roughly 20 minutes. The Blue looks paler in the photo. Found the car in Walmart. It is a Motor Max 1:24 scale. Had to drill 2 new holes into the bottom, other than that all went well.
With the Turn Table off, with access to the playfield I waxed the Pop Bumper area. Then also noticed that the Pop Bumper area is covered with mylar. The rubber rings behind and beside the Gears Targets needs to be replaced, as they are starting to crack.

My buddy would love that car on the game, he's a Grabber Blue fan. The rings are cracking all ready, dang.

1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg
#197 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

A good friend of mine had a 1970 Grabber Fastback. It was Grabber Blue. The Grabber Package had to come with a Sportsroof, V8 engine, Sport Mirrors, Graphic Stripe, Standard Interior, and I think the rear Spoiler. It was kind of different.

Mine was a Grabber Orange package and also in the package there was a blacked out taillight panel and hub caps with beauty rings. The options I got was the 302 V8, "performance" 3.00 rear end and am radio. The 3 speed manual was the standard tranny which I had. The rear spoiler was an option.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

it is Black or still in primer?

Still in primer but no big deal cuz I'm still working on the garage.

2 weeks later
#206 9 years ago

I just put a 60cm chasing red led strip on the right ramp. The lights chase down and curve around the bowl. They aren't super bright but reflect nicely from the side mirrors.

IMGA0824.JPGIMGA0824.JPG IMGA0823.JPGIMGA0823.JPG IMGA0822.JPGIMGA0822.JPG IMGA0825.JPGIMGA0825.JPG
#208 9 years ago

A little off topic (but it is Mustang related) The mags and tires are on the Mustang (car) but I found the front flairs won't be big enough for the race tires. They are fine for the street tires but not for the race rubber and wheels so they will have to be cut up and enlarged. So while I wait for the race wheels to be made the rest of the car will be painted. The 15x8 chrome wheels are made by Bassett (see picture). The rear 15x11 in the picture are black but will be chrome. And here's a couple of shots of the dirty fuel cell.

IMGA0805.JPGIMGA0805.JPG IMGA0806.JPGIMGA0806.JPG IMGA0807.JPGIMGA0807.JPG IMGA0814.JPGIMGA0814.JPG IMGA0811.JPGIMGA0811.JPG IMGA0808.JPGIMGA0808.JPG w15x8wl.jpgw15x8wl.jpg 1510_intertia.jpg1510_intertia.jpg
#210 9 years ago

Thanks MJW, I love adding light and colors to games. Boy I hear ya but I'm not rich and I had to go with a body shop that does custom work at a down to earth rate. If I wanted to get it done fast it would have cost 30-40k and with all the new metal and custom work this shop is doing it's less then half that.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Makes sense. Please post pics when you get it done.

10-4 on that.

1 week later
#216 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

It adds a lot to the game having songs in there you like!

That's for sure.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh, and btw....I'm in the club!!!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Underrated game for sure! But if it weren't for pinball browser, I would never have got one.

I kinda thought so. Welcome to the club. Now ya gotta get mirror blades for it, they look great.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

My Mustang pro is a total blast and very addictive. I finally replaced my son as Grand Champ 245,000
with the help of many extra balls and made it to drift mode. He was 185,000 the second game he played.
I'm use to the songs and call outs although if I could change out songs or add songs (pinball browser) I sure would.

I think you forgot a few zeros.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I love my Mustang le. Check out my Mustangs. Super cool pin and cars!!!!

20150328_124123.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150328_124442.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150324_073128.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Welcome to the club....and I love the first picture the most. Can't wait to put up pictures of mine when it's at last painted.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Hey Paul, yes I did, I got to a neighborhood meeting late because of that game.
245,000,000. I will try to edit.

Aw nuts!!! I was hoping there was at least one person that played the game that I could beat.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't understand the hate.

They must be Chevy guys.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Dang. Can I still be apart of the Mustang club? Haven't seen this game in person yet. I so want to play it. Here's my baby though. '06 GT. Custom matte black stripes on black.

mustang.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice Stang, mines going back to black. I'd say your 3/4ths the way in, just buy the game and you'll be all the way in. But in the mean time I'll let ya hang with us cool guys.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm pretty certain Lonnie did the rules for this pin and he did a stellar job! He took all the good stuff that he's coded over the past couple years and bundled it in perfectly into mustang. Still needs a little polish but it's top notch as is.

When was the last time a game came out that was this good code wise so quickly? I haven't been in the hobby long enough to know.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from pmcombs:

Hey guys, just wanted to share another Boss with everyone. It is #36. Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Mustang Boss Premium.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

You made a wise choice my friend. New?

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from pmcombs:

Yup, she came right out of the box!

Now that's the way to do it. Both my "Mustangs" were new...out of the box.....well actually only one came out of a box, the other one came off a car transport. But I don't think the one that came out of the box will last me 44 years. That's how long (so far) I've had the one that came off the transport.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I don't know who owned this game but whomever brought the mustang to TPF, thank you. I had a blast playing it. I got a hold of it one time Such a great game with major risk reward (got the 6 ball MB on this game). Game was beautiful too.
20150327_204125.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

Now you know why we like it sooooo much and if you bling it out it really is a beautiful game.

#276 9 years ago

Anyone else have a clear red apron with flashers on their game or am I the only one.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I gotta give it to you Paul, you've been preaching about this game since the get go. I thought it was just your love for Mustang in general, but the game really does kick ass. Still early 'honeymoon' phase to me; but love it so far

Well thanks I have since we first heard it was coming out because, a. - who designed it, b. - who was doing the rules, c. - I knew that with Ford behind it Stern was not going to get away with a poor design and shitty rules that would be left to languish for years, d. - I loved the artwork and e. - I like Mustangs. When I knew which one I could afford (I really wanted a Boss) I bought it without watching any vids or playing it and when the box showed up I was not disappointed. I will ALWAYS give a game a chance, when I get to play it I make up my own mind about it. If I don't care for it I NEVER come on Pinside and start slamming it because I know it may be a grail pin to someone else and I don't want a Pinside reputation as being a dick with a closed mind. If someone buys that game I'll encourage them by saying something like "oh man you in for some fun now" or "good choice, have a blast". Life is to short to be an asshat. Thanks again, your a good Pinsider.

#281 9 years ago

Oh I can't remember now, it was to long ago. My old brain could use some help.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sharing a pic of us playing mustang tonight

Love it....how badly did the little guy beat ya.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed! Game feels complete and well rounded. But since you asked, here's what I'd like to see in an update which is all polish for the most part:
1. Add drift mode champion
2. Increase points for upgrade scoring and/or make it stackable with modes
3. Add a ghost ball search so to speak for the ramp. When it's in left orbit mode and a shot is registered, the ramp goes down - it should then look for another switch to be made via top lanes or right orbit and if it doesn't make one of those switches after a second or 2, the ramp should be made to believe a ball is stuck and lift.
4. Increase the techno music loop time on mustang mb, drift mode, burnout mb, and wizard mode.
5. Use the orbit gates more often depending on the conditions of a mode. Sometimes they remain closed when they feel like they should be open.
6. Use the left ramp variables more. Sometimes a mode has left targets lit and the ramp is in orbit mode with no orbit control gate and/or its in left ramp mode and returns to the left flipper when it should use the diverter to the right.
7. Add some engine and car noises to flipper butons for attract mode. Maybe an ignition failong to start with the start button when there's no credits.
8. Add a few more toys/awards to the toolbox

I am totally lost.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Mustang Pro in the house!
I ordered my machine from Melissa @ Cointaker. Excellent customer service.
I picked it up at the Estes distribution center yesterday (April 21) instead of waiting an extra day for delivery.
I was excited to see the manufacture date. Talk about minty fresh
20150421_105854.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_200214.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_200726.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_200736.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_201830.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_202541.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_202611.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_203333.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_203343.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Sorry about the bad lighting on this last picture. I took that pic late with lights in the room on.

Aint nuttin like the new game smell. I knew you couldn't resist, I had a feeling you would go pick it up. You got a yellow new Mustang, I got the red 67. Let the moddin begin.

#313 9 years ago

Mine stick a little but I have the clear ones on and they are known to do that.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Someone did a post on clear flipper buttons sticking Paul. The suggestion was to take them apart and do something but can't remember what.

Thanks, I've read it but it's really not a problem.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice mudflaps, I'll check mine this weekend. Anyone know what size socket fits flipper buttons? I had a tool ions ago that perfectly fit the flipper button lock nut but don't remember what size or where I got it. I'd rather not use channel locks

I just use a cresent wrench.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I actually use a pair of needle nose pliers.

I used them one time on a real stubborn one and it slipped off the nut.....I had a good size blood blister for a couple of weeks.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Spotted a Mustang the the SAE World Congress in Detroit this week. Bunch of people in suits getting angry that pinball is hard. I don't think the theme saved it for them.

SAEMustang.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's really neat. Thanks. Did you show-um how it was done?

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has anyone ever had an issue with their toilet bowl? I wiped down my pf tonight and wiped down the Ramp too. Now when I shoot the toilet bowl ramp it just kinda duds into the hole, if I'm lucky it'll make one loop but hardly ever. It used to go 3-5 times around perfectly. If I take the glass off and fling the ball down the straight part of ramp after the bend it works perfect. If I fling it from the entrance of the ramp before the first bend it won't work no matter what speed I try. Any ideas? Thanks!

That's a new one on me.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

He is a quick shot of the one on my pin.
DSCN0686.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
This has been a problem with other Mustang pins.

That's crazy how much shorter your metal flap is compared to Eskaybees. Mine is long like his but it's straight and twice as far from the switch as yours and his and mine works just fine.

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If you don't mind sharing, how much was the black nickel powdercoat? I have gloss red on Mustang, but I'm thinking candy red or black nickel for ACDC.

I take it you have no powder coat guys up there.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

The Boss Premium is by far the nicest looking one of the bunch

You aint seen my Pro.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I'm so old... I grew up with Jan and Dean surf music, early 70s funk, classic 70s rock and roll.... I'm so alone..!
I think the stock music rocks and Stern did a great job with the song selection.. I'm an old fart.

We should start an Older Then Dirt Club. No one under the age of 60 is allowed.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I was planning to go through Matt at Back Alley. I was happy when he did my TFTC and I've seen some of his work on other games.

Make sure you get at least 2 stage coating. Probably around $500 shipped. Would you have the bolt heads coated too?

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Single stage is $125, dual is $250.

Is that just for the legs?

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

All the trim. You send him your trim, he powdercoats, and sends back.
http://backalleycreations.com/
Pinball Refinery has dual stage for around $475, but you're buying the trim.

Oh that's right, I forgot.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Damn, first time I am glad not to be in the club Unfortunately, I am real close.

Well barring something stupid you'll make it and then you can join.

#370 9 years ago

A little off topic but still Mustang related. I needed a rim for a front race tire so I could see if they would fit the front fender flairs. Rims are 15x8 Bassett stock car rims and tires are 25.5x10x15. They almost fit, only have to bring the flairs out another inch. Back tires are 27.5x11x15 and will be going on 15x12 of the same design.

IMGA0883.JPGIMGA0883.JPG IMGA0884.JPGIMGA0884.JPG IMGA0885.JPGIMGA0885.JPG
#372 8 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

Hi there, I bought my boss prem from a german seller (i m french), so to be honest the instructions card is just unreadable
Is there any chance to have a link to an english instructions card to replace it ?
Searched some online but didn t find something good enough.
And btw do you let the original ones or do you have some custom's one ?
edit: i guess there is a diff between pro and prem/le instructions card

I still have the stock cards so I can't help you but I would like to welcome you to the club. Do you have the car too?

#375 8 years ago

The gas price in Europe is nuts, my buddy in Germany pays over $9 a gallon last I heard. My 70, 302 gets about 9 in town, 13 highway on premium and about 3 on the road course on race gas. I'm running 3.91 gears with a Toploader 4 speed. This was last time I ran it though.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Good point but I am pretty stupid at times even now.

I mean REALLY stupid.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Here are some pics of my Boss premium # 0062 with a couple mods. Replaced car on turntable with red '08 Shelby GT500 with white stripes (looks great with red, white and blue colors on the turntable) and almost matches my own red with black stripes '08 GT500. Added active multi-color undercab lighting (which pulses green as in these photos after you press the start button and then flashes other colors during gameplay) to go along with the active undercab lighting on my SS and TZ (and single color undercab lighting of blue on W?D and red on ToM and yellow on IJ and green on CFTBL). Added shaker motor (shaker standard on LE only but T-nut mounting points already came from the factory on my Boss premium, so installation was pretty easy). Added the great tachometer mod (a must-have for anyone with any version of the Mustang pin) but replaced the 3" mounting post with two 1-1/2" posts to angle the tachometer face upwards, since I am 6'4" tall (my height lets me see over the turntable so it does not block my view of the rollover lanes as some people have mentioned). Just installed the COBRA with coiled snake emblem (mates with the GT500 on the turntable) projector light in the top of the backbox, that illuminates on the ceiling when the game is turned on. The 23" Samsung TV on an adjustable wall-mount next to the game normally runs a slide show of pics of our Mustang cars ('96 mystic paint SVT Mustang Cobra + '01 mineral grey SVT Cobra with shaker hood added + '08 torch red Shelby GT500 + '13 deep impact blue metallic Mustang GT premium) and my '13 inferno orange Camaro ZL1 (even though it is not a Mustang), but it can display DVDs from the Tascam DVD player in the room. The Mustang barstool sits alongside the game (and the three other barstools sit beside those games). The Bally neon sign on the wall only reflects on the game in these pics due to the angles at which I took the pictures: there is no glare from it when you are in front of the game and playing.
backbox 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Mustang 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Mustang 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Mustang 3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
turntable.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
barstools.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Mustang 4.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
barstool.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Lookin gooood. You should look into putting a red transparent apron with flashers under it on yours. It really lights up that end of the pf. I have one and it really adds a lot to the look of the game. A blue one would look better on yours but no one makes it.

#386 8 years ago

Speaking of Mustang (cars) today is mines 45th Birthday. 45 years ago on this day and at this time I was driving my new Mustang all over town in the rain, man was I happy. I got home around midnight after putting about 200 miles on it. When I picked up my gf and we drove to school us and a lot of kids were late for homeroom.

1 week later
#392 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Happy Birthday!

Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Happy belated birthday !

My Mustang and I thank you.

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Guess I will have to pay a visit soon

If your coming all that way come and play my Pro for free. I have it blinged so you could get some ideas.

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Thanks for the invitation ! I just PM you.

It's gonna be PARTY TIME. Not like I used to that is.

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is now at #83. Will it pass Corvette in a few weeks??

.....and people said it was a dog....yeah a dog with big F'n teeth.

1 week later
#414 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Funny:
- Mustang thread: very good pin everyone can enjoy for a reasonable price : 400 posts
- JPOP thread: vaporware pins no one has played and priced $10k or higher: 10,500 posts
Guess Mustang owners are busy playing their games!

and modding them too, wait till ya see mine.

3 weeks later
#434 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

You know the first few times I played this game I thought it was alwful. Then I played one with a shaker motor and got decently far into it and man it is really a fun game! I just played it a bunch today and what a great game. You guys have another convert here.

Glad your finally liking it, the new code really made a difference and they did it in record time too, as far as new releases for previous games goes. I just love looking at my tricked out Pro. But I do have to get a shaker one of these days.

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from jsandjs:

I got a chance to play a pro recently. I wasn't expecting to much but holy crap it was so much fun. Shots felt just so right. Loved the three level ramp. Modes are well done from crusin to police pursuit , gears multi ball and so on. The layout seems so different from recent games I have played. This is gonna be one of those games that just keeps creeping up as more people find out about it's charm. I'm one of them. Got a premium coming, should be here today! Never thought when it was announced it would be one I'd want. Goes to show you have to give each title a chance!

Great...another convert, welcome. I knew this was going to be a great game even before I got mine over a year ago and that they wouldn't let the code rot in code limbo. I can't say what polish it needs to finish it but it's sooooo dang close right now that if it never gets polished that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. It would bother some of you good players though.

1 week later
#459 8 years ago

Great to see you here, great score BTW. How's the rule set for you?

#463 8 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

I started out just playing "run and gun" with no real goals but today I really tried to understand the rule set and I'm pretty happy as is, need more time playing to be sure but I'm not that fussy ... I grew up on EM and simple is fine I really would like to see some sort of written sheet but thumbs up for now .
I have had several balls get stuck under the left ramp after bouncing out of the upper lanes ... I though maybe a bad rollover switch that should lift the ramp but it seems like it only happens after the diverter pin drops and the ball pops back up and over to the left so maybe it is an issue in the code ...thoughts?

I'm not a rules guy so I'm no help.

#464 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm officially in as of today!
Mustang pinball in box.jpg Mustang LE.JPG

Congrats. Great to have you in the club.

#473 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

You need a tach mod

and mirror blades and DMM tv and speaker lights with running horse grill emblems and.............................................................................................................................................................

1 week later
#487 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have been hitchhiking on this damn road for over a year now. Finally,...a smokin hot Christie Brinkley- lookin babe pulls up in her 65 289 convertible. When she asked where I was headed, I told her...."to the Mustang Club darlin...I gotta get me a couple mods !" !!!
Just bought that Pro in AZ. Cannot wait till she gets here !
Im thinking I'll start with Hooked's Hurst shifter.
Finally....in da club !

Welcome aboard. A MUST HAVE are mirror blades.

#492 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Paul, Ive been wanting to pm you and tell ya so bad, but I just dropped check in mail today. So Im prob still ahead of myself, but, oh well...
Love this machine !
We will have much to discuss very soon.

I'll bet it was tough. If you want a cool DIY mod do this, the Pro should have come this way from the factory if you ask me. And this is what a clear red apron looks like.

IMGA0231.jpgIMGA0231.jpg

IMGA0232.jpgIMGA0232.jpg

IMGA0200.jpgIMGA0200.jpg

1 week later
#511 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I forgot about the NOS targets. If you get the 6 ball Gear Shift MB, the Super Jackpot is worth 50 million, whereas the 5 ball is SJP is worth less points. I've gotten the playfield double scoring from the NOS and then hit the 6th gear SJP twice. It's pretty cool seeing the 100 million score on the DMD.
As far as Cruising goes, I have a premium and whenever the first part of the mode is complete, the pin changes music, my hazard drops pop up, and the toilet bowl ramp shot for your random award is available. Plus, if you shoot the scoop, it will give you the option to continue with the second part of the mode, or begin a new one.

and people say this game isn't interesting.

#514 8 years ago

Sorry, it aint gonna be mine...not the way I have mine bling'd out.

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

hmmmm maybe I need to get one and develop a turntable mod

Nah keep your Pro and do my SHIFT light up mod.

IMGA0231.jpgIMGA0231.jpg

IMGA0232.jpgIMGA0232.jpg

#523 8 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

I do like the way that looks ... maybe I will see if I can do you one better

Like light up each letter as you get it.

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sounds like the modes are more on the simple side with this one,....and that's right up my alley !

Well you may like the DIY one I'm working on now then.

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I already have a sub. What do you guys recommend for back box speakers ? Can I swap them out with Infinity or Polk car tweeters ? Never really thought it necessary with my I500 or JP. But def for this baby.
First : speakers
Next : Paul's shift light mod
Finally the Hooked Hurst shooter.
Gotta order that now. I think we be ready then.

You have speaker lights? Put a car amp/eq in to run the bb speakers then the sound for them will have some umph to them and have a seperate volume adjustment.

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Delivery tomorrow !!!

You takin the day off work to take delivery? Pictures when it arrives.

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Uhhh.....am I gonna get kicked outta the club for this ?
CAM01147.jpg

Your pushin it. Have fun playin it.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

What a used Boss go for.

That's gonna be impossible to find.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

OH no, we're are losing Eskaybee? He has a PHD on rules and has helped with so many things.

Sad to see him go but that's how the pinball rolls.

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Brushed aluminum flippers with super bands blue rubbers

Mustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_013.jpg

Close up please.

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Paul have you got a lead on a clear red apron

Sorry I don't, I was lucky to find mine. Put up a want ad.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Torn between picking up stang or KISS. Is Mustang really worth NIB prices. I can get one for 4600 to my door but wondering if its worth that.

Your only over in Eau Claire, stop on over some weekend and play mine. That's a great price for a delivered NIB.

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Paul here are your shots

20150806_202712.jpg 20150806_202716.jpg

Ohhhh that does look nice.

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Thanks. looking to get over there to sun ray and blaine before the snow flies. I play one over here on route. I just dont have much time with it. My big concern is resale down the line. Nothing for me is ever a keeper. I always rotate once a year or so trying to keep up with the nwest or newer stuff. I got Metallica a year after it was out becasue I wanted fleshed out software.

Well make sure you look me up, I know you'll like the way mine is modded.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

the engine is my radio

Funny you should say that, that's the way it is with my Mustang (car) also. But I miss a good stereo when the cars not moving.

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Thats when the music turns into air tools

What??? You use air tools on the car when your out cruseing and pull over and park?

#606 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

lol YES! I can change a head gaskets on a l28 in 45 minutes I got so good at it. I learned the copper ones where not the way to go. I would just fudge the rings or skirts. Decided cheap stock gaskets where better. Figure if your gonna blow something a stock Head gasket is better than a piston or rings or cylinder wall.

Like I said, you can't do all that when your out crusing, back at the garage yeah. You mean to say you didn't have your block O-ringed?

#608 8 years ago

Yeah that's different with a turbo, I just have a single Holley set-up. I'm old school all the way, solid lifter cam etc.

#611 8 years ago

At least we're bumping the thread to keep it on top which shows us Mustang owners are alive and well.

#628 8 years ago

Well if I talk about my Mustang (car) again the guys that aren't interested can just pass over it and not answer and the guys that are interested can respond. Simple.

#632 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Thread over there >>>>>

Now now be nice, nothing wrong with Mopars, my buddy has a blown hemi 67 Belvidere that you would die for.

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thats my buddy, Paul. He's good peoples. If he's got time to crash this party he's got time to get his big ass over here and get my pin browsing and shaker action goin.
Coming over today big boy ? C'mon down !

Well if my teleproter was working I'd be right over so instead I'm going to visit the Mustang at the body shop so you'll just have to soldier on without me today.

#637 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I am not much of a american car guy. Everyone has them

No one has a 70 Mustang like mine....on the street anyway.

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

right but you get my drift j bodies f bodies fox bodies all pretty common platform. 1973 opel manta with 600 hp sr20det WAY different

Sure do.

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wondering if I should get those or standard lollipop rails. Think PDI is less money.

If ya get those get the ones without the screw holes by the flipper buttons, much nicer and cleaner looking. That's what I have on my game.

#651 8 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

Tried taking some "artistic" playfield shots
IMG_0154.JPG
I switch the white LEDs to red and blue to match the shift targets
IMG_0157.JPG

Look for an RX-2, 4-link rear instead of leafs (if you going around corners quick ) . This was one of several Mazdas I owned and was my pride and joy many years ago
lilred3.jpg
Ported 13-B w/44IDA, 5-spd and 4:11s

Very nice pf photos.

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Any how are pro owners satisfied with the game vs the le? Are the features of the LE lack luster?

You bet I'm satisfied with my Pro. All dressed up and blinged out it's looks REAL sexy. Never played a Premium or LE.

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Taking the plunge. Getting Cashiers Check this morning for Trent

So your getting a Pro?

#671 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Yeah. I was offered a LE nib for 6500 shipped I just dont want that one. I want the Boss one. There is one for 7100 shipped on ebay but I dont want to deal with ebay. The only thing that I REALLY like about LE anyway is color changing but its used so little I figure its not worth it.
I dunno just something about this game that jives with me. The multi level ramp is one of the things. I like un popular games though. I thought CSI and 24 where fun too.

You'll like the Pro and you can spend some of the money saved on mods. I'm big into power savings, with a gameroom filled like mine it can add up so I bought the automatic led light dimming panel. It replaces the 35 watt bb bulb with a 9 watt led panel that automaticly dims, to the level you set when a game is started and then goes back to full brightness when your game is over. By doing that it saves power AND there is less glare on the glass when playing. I have them in 3 of my games now.

I loved playing CSI and have a mint cleared pf lit up and hanging on the wall. Never played 24 though.

3_PF.jpg3_PF.jpg

#673 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Steve told gary to go F himself in the middle of the designing the game.

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

The only mod I am into is the tach. Assuming it just uses ground to trigger the needle? resistor to up the movement? hooked?

Don't think he'll tell ya, a trade secret ya know.

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Anyone play with a motor to the back wheels for burnout That could be kinda cool. Hm... I have enough spare rc stuff around here to play with that idea.

That would be fun to see.

#680 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The only mod I haven't been able to figure out really is the plasma disc mods. I refuse to buy one to see how it was done, and I tried to take one apart with....less than desirable results. The wire broke off INSIDE the glass tube nipple, somehow..

That's the wrong place to look for the modification. The disc I bought that works has the 2 power wires soldered inside the battery box but then the wires are shrink wrapped as they come out. In that area there are 3 or 4 bumps in the shrink wrap and the wires continue to the plug. You have to strip off the shrink to see what it's covering, probably resisters, to knock the power down to 3v. You could probably buy a 12v to 3v converter but I can't say that for sure. I bought some converters that have a switch on them so you can chose 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9 and 12v for $10 at a local store.

IMGA0979.jpgIMGA0979.jpg

#682 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Doesnt the LE have lenticular side art or some shit?

Yup, I "think" KISS is the same.

#703 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, I can buy power bricks like that in bulk from my local electronics store, no problem. Probably less than 5 bucks a piece. The issue is getting the disc separated from the control box it's attached to without destroying the leads in the first place!

I don't understand, why remove it from the box? It runs on 2 double A batteries so just solder the leads to where the batteries go and put the cover back on.

#708 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Because the specific use I want for it doesn't have room to accomodate the box. It needs to be as flat up against something as I can get it. I was going to drill a hole for the mounting, and attach it with epoxy, and put the glass nipple through the back, then the wires would be hidden from player view completely. For my idea to work, it's got to be removed from the box....there's no other way to correctly position it.

Oh I see.

#725 8 years ago

A lighted gauge that was timed to go from full pressure to zero over the course of 20 seconds would actually do the trick.

There ya go. That would be a rush, not knowing what to look at , the gauge or the balls. Talk about an interactive mod.

#738 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Mustang Sally is actually one of my most despised songs.

Really? Years ago my buddy was in a rock band and he had me come up and sing background for the song but he changed the word to Mustang Paulee. Took me completly by surprise and I was laughing so hard I missed some of my ques. I just barely made it through the song.

1 week later
#751 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Does anyone have any leads from a distributer or elsewhere where a NIB Le pin can still be found for a reasonable price? Please pm if you have any info on these elusive models! Thanks.

Good luck on that one.

#753 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Lol, ok... How about Le or premiums out of the box? Preferably within a day's drive of the Twin Cities?

Still good luck with that one.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I have never understood the appeal with under cab lights. To me this is the most tacky and unnecessary mod to any pinball machine.

Just a personal observation.(I am probably alone in this) Not my intention to be a downer. I hope you are happy with the new mods.

Yeah I think you might be alone on this. I'd have them but I have blacklight carpet so I have a bl florescent under each game, make the game look like it's floating on the carpet.

#780 8 years ago

Ya can't go wrong having a deep well set in your kit, you can get them cheap at Harbor Freight but you might just get a cheap box end wrench, put it in a vise, heat it and bend it in a dog leg shape. Or see if you can find a distributer box wrench that size. Don't know about the cliffy adhesive.

#787 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks Hooked !
Paul, found a deep set. Didnt realize you had to pull nuts from bottom. Got all 3 posts off, Cliffy going on now.

I should have realized they were nutted from the bottom.

#788 8 years ago

It's coming along nicely, now ya gotta put lit flipper buttons on. Look for vid1900's guide for the $4 button light up thread. Very easy to do and you'll learn a little about the game electrics while doing it. I've done most of my games but I did it cheaper cuz I used 44 sockets that I picked up local for 10 cents each. Some games I put 2 on each button and some only one.

IMGA0855.jpgIMGA0855.jpg

IMGA0862.jpgIMGA0862.jpg

Lit_button_1.jpgLit_button_1.jpg

#804 8 years ago

I'm good (got the last one), but I'm sure other Mustang owners will still want them. Hopefully, you find another workable source.
Looking forward to your next mod Robert - I'd still LOVE to see a timed nitrous gauge!

Yes please!!!

1 week later
#815 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hi all. Need some assistance. I've had my Mustang for about 7 months now.....and always thought something just wasnt right with it. When the left ramp lifts, and I shoot the ball through, I know now that it should carry through for an orbit shot. As the pin is under warrranty I didn't want to mess around with it, because that gate is in a PITA posn. So, I just had the "tech" for Starburst (our Stern dealer in Canada) come take a look. And he doesn't know what the problem is either.
So I tried manually lifting the gate and pushing a ball through. Not a chance and I'd say probably off by half an inch. No dice when forcing the ball through from under the ramp either. Then I compared it the gate on the right. The gates are completely different sizes in regards to clearance from the PF.
Could one of you kind folk please do me a favour and compare your gates to tell me if indeed they should be different sizes or the same??
While I'm at it, been having a persistent problem with the DMD. I've swapped out three DMD's through Starburst. Same problem occurs, with lines going out on the DMD. So then a light bulb went off....hmm, must be the cable. Just swapped that out, nope same thing. Anyone else run into that problem??
In any event, here's a pic of me trying to clear the ball through the left gate. mustang gate.jpg
Cheers,
Reg

You have a Premium or LE? My Pro works fine and the post comes up to stop the ball so it goes through the pops. You must some other mech. that my Pro doesn't have. Can't help with the dmd problem, beyond my skill set.

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Here a few pics of the Premium that I have.
DSCN0746.JPG
Below, with the power on, the gate will lift up as the ball comes from the left. Yours should not be locked, from the ball going under the ramp, into the Top Roll Overs.
DSCN0747.JPG
Below is the back of the rear panel, showing the wiring access. The wires to the coil go in through the lower part of the rear panel. Is it possible a wire has been damaged or fallen off?
DSCN0749.JPG

Well that's one more thing the Pro doesn't have.

#822 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

What would cause the difference between the Pro and LE? To have Stern use a Post in the Pro to the Gate in the LE?
Is there a programming level I am missing?

Haven't a clue.

#824 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is possible that the Up Post is just a lower cost than the gate set up?? Hmmm! 2 wires 1 coil, would be similar in installation.

I thought the same thing but I don't know how the Premium or LE play. It could be that because the turntable mech. is so big there wasn't room to put it under the pf. Take a look under your pf and check. Just a thought.

#828 8 years ago

OK guys I just installed my Mustang leg light-ups. My camera is crap in low light, they look 1000%better in real life.

IMGA0135.jpgIMGA0135.jpg

IMGA0136.jpgIMGA0136.jpg

#831 8 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Picked up a Mustang a couple of months ago and having a blast with it. It's crazy how much of a difference the game is when you put your own tunes in. Right now I've got some Dukes of Hazzard, Smoky and the Bandit, Imagine Dragons, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Britny Fox, Robin Thicke, Cinderella, Taylor Swift, Nico & Vinz, GnR, Anthrax and the theme song from Hell on Wheels in there and it rocks!
Just had a tire smokin' good game, definitely some strategy involved to get that nitro boost and the multi balls rolling with the modes.
It's a shame more people haven't given this machine a chance, if they did they might realize how cool it is!

IMG_5535.jpg IMG_5539.jpg

Well what's taken you so long to join the club. Yup great game isn't it, especially with your own choice of music.

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Back in June I was down at the NW Pinball and Arcade show and they had a Mustang Pro there. I had never played a Mustang before and on the first day of the show I remember just walking past it and didn't really think about giving it a try. On day 2 of the show I decided to fire up a game and I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun the game was. By the time day 3 was done I had played quite a few games on it and when I got home I told one of my pinball buds that I was going to start looking for a Mustang. Took me about a month to find one and I can definitely say that it won't be going anywhere for a long time.
I've had a few of my friends over (non pinball guys) and they've all said that Mustang is their favourite machine out of what we have (and we've got an ACDC, Tron, MM and LOTR which are no slouches).

Good story, I bought my Pro without playing one or seeing vid of one....gee I wonder why. So now I have 2 Mustangs that I bought brand new, both are modded to the 9's and both of them aren't going anywhere.

#836 8 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

The stock tunes in the machine are just fine, it's just super cool that you can plunk in whatever you like. When my dad came over I put together a country BIN for him, and he was singing away to Dwight Yoakam and Alan Jackson while he was playing. Throw in some engines revving and tires squealing and he thought the machine was awesome!

Another great story. Thanks

#838 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I just purchased Hooked's nitro mod, changed the center car, and plan to send the trim to Matt at Back Alley to powdercoat. The more I play Mustang, the more I realize it's a long term keeper.

Nice. My armor is candy red, what are you getting? Whatever color it totally changes the look of the game.

#846 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The game came with red (which I moved to Kiss),so I'm thinking black gloss or black nickel. I have candy red on ACDC and red on Kiss, so I don't want a big red room of games.

Yeah that would be a little to much red down there. Mustang is my only red in my room.

#847 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hmmmm. I initially had the game set up to 7.0, then backed off to 6.5 because the way the ball seemed to have a mind of its own. No other game I've ever played is like this.
It's not a bad thing, it's just different.

Have you tried the clear (colored) silicone rubbers, they are kind of grippy.

#851 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Hey Guys, joined the club a couple of weeks ago with an LE model and we're having a good time with it. Unfortunately, an issue has popped up with it today. The turntable has stopped spinning when the play field is in place, but the motor still runs. When the playfield is upright and I run the diagnostic test, the table will turn again and find the correct index, but it's a no-go when playfield is back horizontal. I've checked all the couplings and attachments and every things tight without any noticeable binding when I spin the mech by hand. It appears that there is slippage in the turntable motor gear box that is causing the issue. Just checking to see if any other owners have had a similar issue with their turntable? Anyways, Mustang has been fun for the 74 plays we've gotten out of it so far!

Hey congrats, an LE too. Wish I could help but I have a Pro as you know.

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Hi Paul! I was able to get one mod on the machine so far. On the Ford rollover lights, I swapped blue led's in for the white ones. Looks much nicer IMO, should have been that way from the factory. Your leg light mod might look cool in blue for me. Now I need the tach mod from Hooked (hopefully back in stock soon!)...

Yeah blue would look cool. Buy the leg protectors, felt protectors and led strips and come on over and I'll show ya how to make them.

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Thanks for the info! Since I don't have any rings that size on hand, I'll put in an order for a bunch of random rubber and stuff I need for my other pins. Also sent off a note to the distributor about the issue...
I had two of my machines go down yesterday (I was afraid to touch the third working pin!) Plus I picked up 2 wedge head pins the day before that need big shop jobs, so I'm down to 1 out of 5 pins working right now! Lol, I guess that's the reason to have a bunch of machines, so at least few of them can be played while you're working on the rest!

Sorry to hear that, that's one of the reasons to have more then one. Time to have your boys learn a thing or three.

1 week later
#858 8 years ago

I just finished my DIY leg light-up for my Pro. I think it looks great.

IMGA0171.jpgIMGA0171.jpg

IMGA0174.jpgIMGA0174.jpg

IMGA0175.jpgIMGA0175.jpg

IMGA0172.jpgIMGA0172.jpg

IMGA0173.jpgIMGA0173.jpg

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Great ! And I love your first picture

Capture_dYecran_2015-09-29_a_08.59.18.png

I kind of thought you would. So when you gettin one?

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

a crusty, waxlike substance that looked like the cause.

What the heck, did you tell Stern what you found. On a new game too. You'd think after 20 years the stuff would get like that, not being new.

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Maybe your Mustang pin got too close to a Simpsons pin and Krusty the Clown got into your game?

Oh That's a bad one.

1 week later
#877 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I played a Mustang LE at a party a few weeks ago. Great pin!
I traded for a huo Boss Premium #88 last week. This pin is way underrated, I love the shots on the deck!

Good for you, some people are just snobs and hate the game because it's about a Ford and they think it's just about promoting the car. Like Avatar isn't about promoting the movie and Batman isn't promoting Batman. ALL the games out there are promoting SOMETHING or other right?

Anyway welcome to the club enjoy your game.

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

This pin has an unusual amount of bad press because: 1) It's not a Super Hero Pin 2) It is a Ford pin
Guess what, it's a Racing/Music Pin! I was damn near speechless when I played my 1st game on this pin, it's that good. I bought into the negative press.
The racing modes, the Sound FX, the Call outs, the Music are all Great! Plus you can change the music to whatever you want! Motley Crue "Kickstart my Heart" is a must!
And don't get me started on the left Ramp/Orbit, it is just a blast!
I'll post pictures of it shortly, it came with a couple of mods, & I'm looking @ a few more.

All what you say is soooo true, I'm glad you played the game and found out how much fun it REALLY is. For mods get mirror blades, lit flipper buttons, tach, the shooter housing light up and make yourself a pair of my leg light-ups which along with the shooter housing light up makes the front of the game REALLY come to life with color. If your planning many 5 and 12v mods a must have is the DKpinball power distribution board. I have one in all my Stern games and it's a lifesaver when it comes to powering mods. Happy modding.

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

You also joined the friendliest pin community I know! Starting with MustangPaul...

well thank you sir. When ya comin over again.

#891 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Regretfully, I may leave the club. Mustang is a blast and as close to an original theme as we may see from Stern (after changing the songs).
I only have room for 4 and I rotate pretty frequently, so Mustang is up for trade.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-trade-huo-mustang-pro-wmods

Ohhhh not again flaps. You gotta get a bigger place. Sorry to see ya go. How's BDK holding up?

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I love BDK. Totally my speed and I think this one will stay a while. I installed mirror blades, LED OCD, decals, ramp mod, and some other stuff.
And the most important thing was updating the horrible callouts. Almost there...

Sounds great.

#903 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Here's a video I shot last night. I had an epic ball 1, & then.... well you'll just have to watch.
I'm interested in game play strategies, so feel free to comment on them.
» YouTube video

GREAT game 182M and change.

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I have mine level using the bubble and the ball does around 8 to 10 laps.

Are you sure? Mines set at 6.3 degrees and goes around 3-4 times

2 weeks later
#917 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I tend to over mod my games and add toys.i was was once told my ac/dc looked like an episode of hoarders. Lol I'm not digging your selection but it's your game, have fun with it. I'm sure the same could be said about my games by other people.

I always like to put light mods on my games especially Mustang.

#924 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I love a good set of spinners on my Mustang
image.jpeg

Clown car....like at the Circus.

#925 8 years ago
Quoted from Hugg727:

Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself to the group as I have taken the plunge and have a nib Boss/Premium being delivered next week. I must say that as of a few weeks ago I wasn't planning on buying any pin, certainly not the Mustang. I grew up in the 70's and 80's loving and playing pinball. As the kids got older and the budget became more available, the Mrs and I talked about having a game room. Soon we will have the empty nest and relocate to a house with the proper space for the game room. We dont have the room yet for a full size game room but our basement is fully finished and is basically our family room. I also have a nice home office down there and that is where my new pin is going.
Before I started researching to buy a machine, I thought that it was difficult to buy a machine for home use and assumed that it was just arcades and bars that could get them. I was lucky enough to stumble upon this site and was pleasantly surprised with the knowledge, the culture and the passion that is in here.
The Mustang was not my first choice, but it will be my first pin. I was looking at Family Guy and AC/DC ( which will probably be my 2nd ). Both great machines with fantastic features but then I saw the Mustang and I started reading all of your posts and my thoughts changed. I am not a car guy, nor do I own a Mustang but I have a 1999 GT Convertible with 17k original miles in the garage. It was my wife's late husbands car and I am lucky enough to maintain and drive it. When I originally told her about buying a pin she was ok but not wowed. Then I showed her the Mustang and her excitement level jumped 100 times. Now the pin is personal, she will never sell that car and I am sure that she will never let me sell the pin either.
So I have you guys to thank for that. I have several other hobbies (motorcycle, guns, photography, skiing) and I take part in the various forums that support them, but nothing has come close to what goes on in here. This is what swayed me to go with the Mustang.
I have already ordered a few mods to start...Hooked's tach and shift plunger, Flipper Fidelity speaker/sub kit and I already downloaded pinball browser. I also ordered a few cars as well... yes , one of them is a silver 99 GT convertible. Very interested in the SmartDMD as well.
Looking forward to learning more and contributing when I can.

Hey Welcome to the club you made a wise choice, I wish I could have afforded a Boss version but I'm happy with my Pro. Another couple of mods that makes the game look it's best are mirror blades, my leg light-ups, speaker lights with chrome Running Horse insignias and Pinsider "beatmaster" shooter housing light up. Make sure you take pictures of the game ON the truck, being unloaded and ALL sides once down on the ground. Once you sign for it it's yours. Enjoy your first game and let us know how it goes.

#928 8 years ago
Quoted from Hugg727:

Paul, great advice on the pics on the truck. Where do I find the Beastmaster shooter light up? Havent seen that one yet.

What pics on the truck? It's "beatmaster" not beastmaster. Just look him up and see his For Sale post. He's very well known for his mods.

2 months later
#949 8 years ago

GREAT news, my game needs a boost gauge.

#953 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Valve covers will be a simple bolt on to scale and 351 logo'd but it will be Feb.

But do the covers have a little oil filler cap on each one? If not how then heck am I gonna add oil to my game.

#955 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Ha! no oil caps...cost a ton as it is lol....getting final art work tonight.
Figure Valve covers will hit end of month ...hoping same time as my first GoT mod.

Well if I blow up my game cuz it seezes up it'll be on you head.

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Too much Nitro will do that to a motor.

So will to much laughing gas.

Quoted from HOOKED:

I'll post a black and white of the gauge face this weekend or sooner if I can get it off my phone.

Will we be able to put different colored bulbs in it? Interested to see what th face of the gauge looks like....a sliding bar graph that changes colors as the boost gets higher maybe?

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Trying to link

20160103_153247_(resized).jpg

Cool.

1 week later
#967 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I think I will have to put a blue boss on my LE now...looks great!
Check these out... up next... Late Feb.

vc_stang_(resized).jpg

You forgot 2 cover bolt holes on top, the black areas.

1 week later
#980 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Just joined the club. Boss 82 in the house. Anyone want to share some custom sound code while i work on my own version?
Game did have custom code when i got it but it was LE code not boss so the callouts on the cars were wrong so i changed back to stock.

20160126_111933_(resized).jpg

Welcome to the club. Hope you keep and enjoy Mustang for a looooooooooooooooong time.

#981 8 years ago

Although all 3 are fun games as well, I personally wouldn't trade my Mustang for any of them.

Same here.

#988 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

My le has the custom song program installed. I noticed I have seem to have lost some songs...anyone else notice anything odd? For example there was a motley cru song...its now not.accessable.

Never heard of that happening before. Wish I could help.

2 weeks later
#1018 8 years ago

Mustang code update for any of my Brothers and Sisters in Mustangdom that may have missed it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mustang-code#post-2982334
A great game is now even more polished - THANK YOU Stern Pinball!

Thanks for the heads up Tuna and thank you Stern.

#1027 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm starting to *think* about putting an IM up for trade on a Mustang... good move or not? What say you IM/Mustang owners?

If you get the Mustang know that the code is more then likely done with this last update and if you love bash toys Mustang isn't for you. I love my Pro

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Dont know about that. I spoke to my bearded friend at SFGE.
(maybe its there just I dont know how...)
The cross ramp could be selected by the flippers like AV.
Also he had mentioned something about the player selecting the letter being played for across the back in MUSTANG...unsure how that would play into the rules ...just seems random right now.
I know they have run Prem well over the 100 mark now and I am getting orders from the EU market for Mods on new machines being delivered. I hope they will run it once more in 2016.

Wow really. Well that's good news then.

1 week later
#1048 8 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

I'm over in the Tilt graphics thread asking about pinblades for Mustang. The only thing I find right now is by Pingraffix and it is the western/horse theme and just isn't working for me.
I suggested something more urban and car related... I'd really like it to touch on a mode like drag race or cruisin. What say you other owners, am I alone on this?

Yeah those blades do nothing for me also. I'd like to see something where they could take a picture or 3 of my car and integrate those into the blades.

#1054 8 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

But if you really knew went into these.. I think you would appreciate them more. See these are not some copy and paste job..these were actually hand painted in photoshop..not some Background I found off the internet. A lot of time went into these.

Oh I understand, I've done a lot of work in PS, some of my work has 50+ layers so I can appreciate the time it took. I wound up putting mirrors in my Pro and love the way it looks.

Keep up the good work Joe.

#1061 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Maybe something left side 1963 protos to 1973 wide body cars.
Rt side top hinge areas mustang 2 cobra...best of the bad years 1979 pace 1982 5.0 1985 last of the carb cars. 1987 Fox 5.0 1995 cobra r 2000r 2005 new style 2008 KR....ending at the shooter with 2016 Shelby 500.
Kind of a through the years tribute.

Oh the copyrights.

#1069 8 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum and excited to say that I officially bought my first pin today, Mustang Pro, from a local forum member! Very excited to start my pinball collection and absolutely love this game.
I was curious to those with modifications on their Mustang units, how you guys added the Matchbox sized Mustangs cars to the play area? I see there are pre-drilled holes along the rails.

IMG_7260_(resized).JPG

Welcome to the club, I have a Pro too and love it.

#1074 8 years ago

Oh man don't get that waaaaay to expensive I got 2 of the Tri Bar emblems that fit perfect on the speaker grills 2 for $14 with free shipping on ebay. They are chromed metal not cheap plastic and the red, white and blue color on the tri bar is perfect. Just search "Mustang emblem" on Ebay and a ton of different ones come up. The cheaper ones that come up are plastic I think. They all have 3M tape on the back and stick real good and don't fall off. I can post a picture of them on my game if you want. With the RGB speaker lights in front of the grill the chrome lights up beautifully.

#1076 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Paul- he is looking for the emblem above the dmd that stern used.

Oups, but check out Ebay anyway.

1 week later
#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I left the club at TPF, but helped someone join. Ill be back!

Oh man...sorry to see you go.

4 weeks later
#1093 8 years ago
Quoted from Icelandr:

Hey guys.... wanted to let everyone know about the new Gameblades™ by Tilt Graphics built specially for MUSTANG!
Available soon at http://www/tiltgraphicsinc.com

MUSTANG-FOR-WEB_(resized).jpg

Those look nice but I have mirrors on mine already. GLWS

#1102 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Anyone wanna convince me to get one of the 3 versions over the other two?

Wish I could help ya but I bought my Pro just because of price. Not having the upgrades of the Premium or LE don't bother me but looks wise I have a Promium now which I really love cuz now it's truly one of a kind. NO ONE has a game like mine.

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

It'd be a vanity item that I think would be cool at first, but then over time I'd probably forget all about. And I've seen the people say that they don't really like it because it blocks the view of the ball in the upper playfield.
Just thought it's be cool to have the replica of my personal car on it, spinning around.

Have you seen the pictures of how I lit the Pro model car up?

#1113 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

You mean one of the 4-5 posts you made in the Club thread about it.

Yup.

Quoted from woody24:

I have it in my head that if I get anything, I may as well get the full experience.

If ya got the money go for it.

Quoted from woody24:

The Premium and LE said they had more songs, right

Yes 2 I think.

Quoted from woody24:

And could the song differences be fixed with the Pro with PinBrowser?

Yes

Quoted from woody24:

Are the modes all exactly the same?

On the Pros yes just different colors. Don't know about Prem/LE.

#1120 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Well crappy crapola. Part of the money that would have gone towards a Mustang pin is now going to my Mustang GT. Transmission is causing some issues, and everything external is checking out perfectly. So now they need to tear into the transmission to find the issue. Could be anywhere from $2000-$3000.
But, still cheaper than getting a new car and making monthly payments again.

Aw man that's the shits. Next Sat. my '70 is finally leaving the body shop and heading to another shop for more work and more $$$$.

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

What all you having done?

Waaaay to much to list here, here's a couple pictures. It's not at it's final lowered ride height.

$4100 I could almost buy a Jerico for that price.

IMGA0457[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0457[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0455[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0455[1]_(resized).JPG

#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

This work does come with a 3 year warranty, and said if it does break down somewhere else, all I need to do it take it to a place to have it fixed, and they'll pay the bill.

As long as you get that in writing and READ THE FINE PRINT!!

Quoted from woody24:

I know I got screwed by the Ford Dealer when my alternator went out. They charged $700 for that.

But remember it's a newer car and they had to take the front end of the car apart to replace it. The new cars are even worse. I'll stick with old school.

IMGA0459[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0459[1]_(resized).JPG

#1130 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Why do car places always have to be shady? Growing up I remember watching countless Datelines where they went undercover to expose shady practices. I don't want to think about getting screwed, and then you tell me to read the fine print! I just want to take someone's word for it. Why can't these places just be nice like me?

If a place that is doing the work is new to you getting it in writing is a must. I've taken all my vehicles over the years to one place 40 years now so I trust them.

#1133 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

The tachometer mod is an absolute must have for any version of the Mustang pin.
turntable_(resized).jpgbackbox_1_(resized).jpgMustang_1_(resized).jpg
I am extremely late to the party....Robert just emailed me and stated he's got a few more tachs ready to go....Mo-Fo'n Tach has been ordered...!

Good for you. I waiting for his boost gauge to get finished.

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Boost gauge??? What is this....of which you speak?

It's on a page somewhere in the club postings.

1 week later
#1140 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

NOS gauge testing. Gauges are here - faces are done - working on bracket and response of gauge.
Not dead just testing mod.

I WANT....I WANT!!!

1 month later
#1165 7 years ago

I love my Pro, got it all blinged out, candy red powder coating, clear red plastic apron, my red leg light-ups, beatmasters red shooter housing light up, RGB speaker lights and many other mods

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Is that red apron available
For mustang?? Maybe from pinball refinery ?

Not that I know of, contact them.

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I believe the red apron is extinct. I do make a mustang metal apron in black with red running horse log and I am working on a LE chrome version now.
hookedonpinball.com

How's the nitrous gauge coming along, that's what I'm waiting for.

#1174 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hey Paul,
I have been playing with two vendors gauges and not happy with the readings yet.
One gauge reads great but there is feedback in the insert lights...so I am playing with still.
Once I get it right I can move forward.

That sounds tricky. Thanks for posting.

#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

I finally figured out why my Mustang Pro kept getting balls stuck under the ramp. It wasn't a code issue, it was a hardware issue. My left orbit rollover switch was intermittently working and the machine couldn't tell where the ball was. It finally failed. I replaced the switch and voila. The diverter code added in code version 1.3 finally got to show it's stuff.

You know for a game that alot of people hate it plays great and has very few if any issues, mine has had NONE since NIB. Glad I got mine.

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

In this Topic, on page 17. Post number 829, has Sirlonzelot posting a video from SmartDMD.

Yeah Smart made it but not Color. Personally I like the Color verson for games, the Smart color pallet is to limited especially when it comes to gradients.

1 month later
#1196 7 years ago

Looks great and I like that rear view mirror camera. Where did ya get it? Now he needs my Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter light up.

2 months later
#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Mustang specific I got 10 test boards in for my NO2 mod this week. Gb I am waiting on plastics to be cut...more to come.

Hey that's good to hear, this is a long time in coming mod. When do ya think you'll be able to post a picture?

#1205 7 years ago

Oh yeah I saw that. But it's good to see your still working on a better version.

#1209 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

oops your right that one had a red led at the bottom attempting to light the needle.
The current one in my machine has green leds backlighting.
Sorry mixing current and 4 months ago in my head.

Not a problem, your a busy guy.

2 months later
#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm lookin for a premium if anyone is thinking about selling.
Thanks

Just that LE in Branson, MO right now.

1 month later
#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

I recently got my mustang pro. I think there is too much white lighting on playfield and inserts? Anyone customize theres? Im thinking blue playfield lighting and mixing up the inserts. Great game once you understand the rules and have a plan.

Hey Welcome to the club. If your looking for a mod my red Leg Light-Ups look great on the Pro.

1 month later
#1224 7 years ago

My Pro was my first NIB game (can you guess why). And like my Mustang (car) it aint going anywhere. Rules are solid and fun and everyone loves to play it.

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Picking up Mustang Pro tonight, and I am so fired up! I've been tinkering with a new playlist to upload via Pinball Browser. Lot of great driving songs and some great pics from the Christine soundtrack. Potential retheme?

Congrats. Don't you dare retheme it.

#1230 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Hoping this year is the year.

I hope so too. But can you still find a NIB?

#1232 7 years ago

Really. I wonder who they're saving it for.

#1234 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Ok Mustang fans, here is an ultimate question.
"When in MUSTANG Multiball, and you hit all of the lit targets, lighting MUSTANG, What happens next?
Is there a high score awarded? Are levels rewarded? Do you get to Silverball Stampede? Has anyone done that?
I'm asking as I had just the T left and just could not get it, and had never lit more than 4 or 5 letters, before tonight.

Don't know.

#1244 7 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Anyone in the Northeast thinking of selling their Premium/LE? PM if you are

I wonder if Cointaker could get you one.

2 weeks later
#1248 7 years ago

Welcome. Scan the pages for all the mod pictures.

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Having a blast replacing all the music in Mustang. So far I think I have it all locked now. These are the videos I took last night of some modes.
Here's a video showing the start of game mode selection music. The background music is the guitar solo from "Pantera's Walk" and I think it sounds great and it loops really smooth.
https://goo.gl/photos/saAyNGYEbNhVR4A86
This video shows the Police Pursuit 1 mode (first part of the Police Pursuit mode) and it's the guitar solo from Deep Purple's "Highway Star".
Complete the first part of Police Pursuit and then you'll hear Guns and Roses' "Out Ta Get Me" and is totally appropriate for this mode being chased by the cops. I love it.
https://goo.gl/photos/e1RhtnZMQV7SMbtSA
You can also hear Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" guitar solo playing when entering high score initials. This song also plays during Mustang Multiball and it's a treat hearing it then.
White Zombie's "Thunder Kiss '65" is heard playing at the end of the game. This also plays during Gear Shift Multiball.
https://goo.gl/photos/oDqLaWPDmRaBNhV49

Hey that's some wild shit goin on there, I like it. One of your pf insert lights is out. You gotta put a powered sub on it now.

#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Which insert? I do have a sub and just need to make a wire for it. Going to crank!
Edit: I see it now in one of the videos. Thanks!

Good you see it. Looks like you got a defective game better send it back. Good to see you found the club, you do know you got a great deal. I bought mine NIB from when they first came out and I haven't had so much as a bulb go out and as you can see from all my pictures I've REALLY modded it out. Have a blast with yours and again good to have you in the club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
408 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.