6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #422 Factory Mustang toy car selection Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #508 Short summary of the rules Posted by BillySastard (8 years ago)

Post #558 Strategy tips Posted by Eskaybee (8 years ago)

Post #666 Pre-installed song list Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #705 Link to rules set Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1002 Links to gameplay videos Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1114 Pre-installed songs Posted by Tuna_Delight (8 years ago)

Post #1724 Video of SmartDMD colorization Posted by sirlonzelot (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago

I don't have any plans to buy the pin as of yet, but I've had this one for 23 years now:

IMG_6396.jpgIMG_6396.jpg
6 months later
#63 9 years ago

If I ever find LE #351, I think I have to buy it.

I'm still undecided if I would rather have the Premium or the LE. I like all the LE's added gameplay features, but I LOVE the look of the Boss artwork on the premium! Grrr...

#65 9 years ago

I'd have to make a set like The Hobbit's sideart, being interchangeable and all.

It could be done....

#70 9 years ago

Do the LE and Premium have the exact same playfield features like the crossover ramp, the spinning car, and whatever else?

I was under the assumption that there were more playfield differences between them than just the artwork and signature.... If not, I see a Boss Premium in my future. There are a lot of '69's all over that thing(I have two '69's currently)!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I also hope to have a Boss in the basement someday, though I wouldn't say no to an LE and might consider a pro if a great deal on one pops up. I love the artwork on all three, but the LE cabinet is definitely my least favorite. The pro cab is gorgeous, but I really like the playfield extras on the prem/LEs. Translites are awesome on all 3...no bad choice there. Boss is probably my favorite total package though.

I feel the exact same way. I'd get a pro if it was stupid cheap, would prefer the premium over the LE, but for the right money, I'd be happy with just about any of them!

#74 9 years ago

...and a '68.

#77 9 years ago

You've seen this one before I think... It's my survivor car I've had for 23 years. Still has it's factory paint, interior, engine, trans, everything and over 200k miles. I need to rebuild the rear end and the power steering pump, but other than that, she's still got a LOT of life in her!

IMG_6396a.jpgIMG_6396a.jpg

My other two are in storage. While they're both waiting on me finding a painter who specializes in classics to do a proper job, I need to swap the C4 in the '69 for the correct FMX. That, and I need to buy a house with at least a three car garage so I have room to reassemble them! That time is quickly approaching.....

#79 9 years ago

My other '69(a GT) will be it's factory color of Acapulco Blue, but the '68 GT/CS I'm changing from Lime Gold to Royal Maroon.

The biggest reason I'm changing the color on the CS is because while Lime Gold can be pretty when done right, I've seen VERY few cars where it's done right. Plus, Lime Gold was the most popular color for CS's in '68. I want something different. Also, Royal Maroon is a "'68-'69 only" color that is also a non-metallic. I've seen too many cars with metallic paint where the paint has "self-destructed" because it wasn't mixed or prepped correctly. I'm just going to avoid all of that and probably make it easier on the painter as well, too.

#81 9 years ago

I'd LOVE to go acrylic enamel, but last time I checked, California has outlawed that kind of paint.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So if ya get in a fender bender and have an enamel paint job what do ya do, paint the whole car because of a banged up fender?

Pretty much. AE has been outlawed for a LOOONG time now. Probably a couple decades. I had a friend with a GT/CS that had that exact problem. He got t-boned in the passenger door(replaced the door and just straightened out the fender) and had to repaint the whole car because the paint didn't match. It wasn't even close. And it was a Wimbledon White car, not even a metallic color!

#86 9 years ago

I love Minnesota, I just couldn't take the winters. I've got friends and family in Minneapolis, Bemidji, Thief River Falls, Duluth, Slayton, all over the place. I'm usually in the Twin Cities every other year to visit people or to take in a Twins game. Some friends and I went and stayed with some of his cousins in Minneapolis the year they opened Target Field. THAT was a fun trip!

1 week later
#109 9 years ago

Of the 20 or so factory T/A Boss 302's built by Ford in '69 and '70, I've personally seen about 12 of them. Living in California CAN be good sometimes. Truth be told, one of the nation's foremost restorers of those '69-'70 Mustang factory race cars is about 10 miles from my house. I usually saw them as he finished them and brought them to local car shows.

While they are normal size(had to be for proper homologation), there is a lot of stuff that is cut, shaved, and "caressed", down on them. The most notable thing that they did was to figuratively and almost literally "chop" a wedge out of the bottom back of the fenders, thereby lowering just the nose of the car. On production Mustangs, the bodyline that starts at the front edge of the fenders remains basically flat all the way back to the end of the door. If you look at the factory built race cars, that line is slanted down at the nose. They did this largely for aerodynamics of course, and it's also a good way to tell if a car is a recreation/clone/fake factory T/A car.

This one's my absolute favorite:

1969 Smokey Yunick T/A Boss 3021969 Smokey Yunick T/A Boss 302

#112 9 years ago

As far as I know, this was the only race-ready Boss 302 Trans Am car Ford gave to Smokey Yunick. It was powered buy a twin Holley Dominator topped Boss 302 engine(standard fare for T/A cars). It was built for road course races, but he later converted it for use on NASCAR ovals, namely Talladega where he turned in a lap of over 176mph.

These T/A Boss 302's were never really meant for the street.

8 months later
#723 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Might be selling my boss premium soon if interested. I'd have it priced at 6k

I'd be mighty interested if he passes and the timing works out in the near future. Keep me posted.

8 months later
#1123 7 years ago

$4100?!?!

How much would it be to just buy a brand new transmission and just swap it in? Or even a rebuilt one?

What year is your GT?

#1126 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Guessing a lot of it is labor.

Pretty much all labor! For an '06, I'd guess a rebuilt transmission is no more than about $1500(for one with a good warranty), and should only be about 4-5 hours book time to replace. That should put you at just over $2k, max.

Why pay to have those particular parts replaced(when everything else is probably about ready to break, too) and not just go with a freshly rebuilt unit with a one year warranty(which is pretty typical these days, RockAuto's warranty is actually 3 years)?

Sounds like they're taking you for a ride on this one. The prudent thing to have done on their behalf is to have offered to just sell you a replacement tranny, knowing the difference in cost to you and labor to them.

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But remember it's a newer car and they had to take the front end of the car apart to replace it. The new cars are even worse. I'll stick with old school.

Actually, on most 4.6's the alternator is right up front, top, and center of the engine. On my Crown Vic, it literally takes me 15 minutes to change. Release the belt tensioner, undo four bolts, loosen two others, and it practically falls right out!

PICT0449-vi_(resized).jpgPICT0449-vi_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#1182 7 years ago

And why not? They're still making Mustangs. Proving to be a more popular title than people realized.

1 week later
#1194 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Is Stern actually still making Mustangs? It has been moved to the archived games section on their website.

Someone on Pinside here mentioned that they were still on the production line a few weeks ago. Don't know if they just knew that or they actually saw them on a tour of the factory.

9 months later
#1274 6 years ago

If the folks at ColorDMD ever do Mustang, they need to take a poll on what colors they want a lot of the cars to be. Or even offer a few different files that have different colored sets of cars.

That'd be pretty sweet!

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's the only right way to do it.

But it's not MY right way!

1 week later
#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from scooter75:

I purchased a Mustang premium with the idea of flipping it. I wasn't even going to bring it in the house. I play it way more than anything else. I love it. People, give Mustang a chance. Can't believe it isn't even in the top 100 with some of the dogs that made it on there.

When you're ready to sell it on in a year or so, let me know. I've got friends in Port Orchard that I can stay with while we work out a deal.

2 weeks later
#1317 6 years ago

Even though it's financially dumb for me to by a Premium at this moment in time, I know that if the opportunity arises, I may have to jump on one at a moment's notice. Either that or buy an LE and trade it for a premium. I know that sounds kind of backwards, but the way prices are going and with the numbers actually produced, I think the LE and the Premium are fairly level in value right now.

I really can't afford it right now, but I want a premium so bad I can almost taste it!

4 months later
#1435 6 years ago

Crap! Did I miss a Premium for sale ad? Ah well, it went to a good Mustang home.

4 years later
#2012 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

What's the deal with this pro "LE"? Made on the same day the mustang was. Is this an edition within an edition?

I think all the games that either got finished that day or were on the line got those plaques. May be as few as a couple hundred. They're not numbered or anything so I don't think there's anything truly special there, but it's a really cool thing for the right people(who are also Mustang enthusiasts).

Honestly, there might be more games with these plaques on them than actual Premium models!

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

pretty sure 50 years ago to that date was when the first Mustang rolled off the line and that was to commerate that days run.

Ford actually had lots of cars done before April 17th as mass production actually started on March 9th, 1964, and a couple cars were even accidentally sold a couple days "early", including the very first Mustang ever made, 5F08F100001, to a regular joe that just convinced his dealer to sell it to him early. By "early", I mean before April 17th, which was the Mustang's official launch date. Ford sold over 20,000 mustangs that first weekend alone. Plenty of them were made and delivered to dealers before the launch date so they were ready to sell them on that fateful day.

9 months later
#2027 1 year ago

I know a couple have sold recently, but I don't know if the sellers listed the amounts. You'd have to search the archived ads to find out for sure, but I'm sure they're still hovering around $9k, + or - a few hundred here and there for condition and location.

8 months later
#2089 8 months ago

Man, I wish this game was made during the LCD era at Stern. Could you imagine the animations? Even if they were cartoon/cel-shaded style, they'd be awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club?tu=Miguel351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.