20210404_211415 (resized).jpg
65c1c43db245ed4eac4aec8d3d6cba18c786fbf5 (resized).jpg
20210123_120543 (resized).jpg
20210123_120629 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201027_001734170.jpg
PXL_20201027_001729127.jpg
PXL_20201026_224200652.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 40.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's risk vs. reward. Gear 6 doesn't guarantee a 50 million (or 100 million super jackpot) and trying for Gear 6 doesn't mean you will automatically get it. You can get very big scores even without that super jackpot.

I Like the risk of going for 6th gear but feel the Super Shouldnt be made available so fast. Hope they make it where maybe you need to drop all 5 drops then maybe spell out something in the bowl. Collecting the super is way too easy as the code is right now.

#302 6 years ago

Mustang Pro in the house!
I ordered my machine from Melissa @ Cointaker. Excellent customer service.
I picked it up at the Estes distribution center yesterday (April 21) instead of waiting an extra day for delivery.
I was excited to see the manufacture date. Talk about minty fresh
20150421_105854.jpg
20150421_200214.jpg
20150421_200726.jpg
20150421_200736.jpg
20150421_201830.jpg
20150421_202541.jpg
20150421_202611.jpg
20150421_203333.jpg
20150421_203343.jpg

Sorry about the bad lighting on this last picture. I took that pic late with lights in the room on.

#303 6 years ago

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Mustang Pro in the house!
I ordered my machine from Melissa @ Cointaker. Excellent customer service.
I picked it up at the Estes distribution center yesterday (April 21) instead of waiting an extra day for delivery.
I was excited to see the manufacture date. Talk about minty fresh
20150421_105854.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_200214.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_200726.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_200736.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_201830.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_202541.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_202611.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_203333.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150421_203343.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Sorry about the bad lighting on this last picture. I took that pic late with lights in the room on.

Aint nuttin like the new game smell. I knew you couldn't resist, I had a feeling you would go pick it up. You got a yellow new Mustang, I got the red 67. Let the moddin begin.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Aint nuttin like the new game smell. I knew you couldn't resist, I had a feeling you would go pick it up. You got a yellow new Mustang, I got the red 67. Let the moddin begin.

Yup. Already ordered the VUK protector, clear flipper button protectors and I will be installing the Cointaker Red Tremor this afternoon.
I wouldn't mind mounting the hot wheels cars but I don't want to remove the goodies bag nor manual from the inside of the machine. I know the mounting plates are in that bag.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I Like the risk of going for 6th gear but feel the Super Shouldnt be made available so fast. Hope they make it where maybe you need to drop all 5 drops then maybe spell out something in the bowl. Collecting the super is way too easy as the code is right now.

Or perhaps your super score is relative to how many balls are in play - all 6 is 100M, just 2 is 40M . . .

#307 6 years ago

Just installed the Cointaker Red Tremor. Nice shake to the machine now.

I have 2 issues, hopefully they are minor.
First is the right flipper button is sticking. Sometimes it feels like something it stuck inside and other times it will stick on. I did post this in the tech advice section as well.
Second problem I am having is the lane ramp on the left side of the machine will stay in the down position when I plunge the ball sometimes, and the ball gets stuck behind it because the ramp didn't lift.
I am sure these are easy fixes. Anyone that can assist me, let me know.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I was excited to see the manufacture date.

Good thing they didn't build it one day earlier or who knows what pranks would have been done by the assemblers working on the line.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Good thing they didn't build it one day earlier or who knows what pranks would have been done by the assemblers working on the line.

LOL, I never of that. I was happy it was built on Thursday. You know the ol saying about things built on a Monday or Friday.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

the right flipper button is sticking. . .Left lane ramp on the left side of the machine will stay in the down position. . .

Since the machine is brand new and still under warrantee, try contacting Patrick Powers @ Stern. 1-800-542-5377.

#311 6 years ago

I was kind of hoping others here have had the issue and its a simple solution like loosen screw x on the ramp or something.
I guess if I haven't heard from anyone by tomorrow I will call Stern.
Sometimes I cant replicate it so its hard to troubleshoot.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I was kind of hoping others here have had the issue and its a simple solution like loosen screw x on the ramp or something.
I guess if I haven't heard from anyone by tomorrow I will call Stern.
Sometimes I cant replicate it so its hard to troubleshoot.

I have the same issue from time to time on my STLE. Haven't Personally dug into the issue yet; Curious to what the resolution is.

#313 6 years ago

Mine stick a little but I have the clear ones on and they are known to do that.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mine stick a little but I have the clear ones on and they are known to do that.

Someone did a post on clear flipper buttons sticking Paul. The suggestion was to take them apart and do something but can't remember what.

#315 6 years ago

It's the raised numbers. Remove the button and file the numbers or cut them with an exacto knife. That's the problem, and there's your fix.

#316 6 years ago

Nice mudflaps, I'll check mine this weekend. Anyone know what size socket fits flipper buttons? I had a tool ions ago that perfectly fit the flipper button lock nut but don't remember what size or where I got it. I'd rather not use channel locks

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Someone did a post on clear flipper buttons sticking Paul. The suggestion was to take them apart and do something but can't remember what.

Thanks, I've read it but it's really not a problem.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice mudflaps, I'll check mine this weekend. Anyone know what size socket fits flipper buttons? I had a tool ions ago that perfectly fit the flipper button lock nut but don't remember what size or where I got it. I'd rather not use channel locks

I just use a cresent wrench.

#319 6 years ago

I actually use a pair of needle nose pliers. One quick turn and do the rest by hand.

I've had this on every pair of clear buttons I've owned. Not sure why it's the clear and not the solid buttons. Before I install, I cut the raised number with an exacto. Solves the problem right away.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I actually use a pair of needle nose pliers.

I used them one time on a real stubborn one and it slipped off the nut.....I had a good size blood blister for a couple of weeks.

#321 6 years ago

Spotted a Mustang at the SAE World Congress in Detroit this week. Bunch of people in suits getting angry that pinball is hard. I don't think the theme saved it for them.

SAEMustang.jpg

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Spotted a Mustang the the SAE World Congress in Detroit this week. Bunch of people in suits getting angry that pinball is hard. I don't think the theme saved it for them.

SAEMustang.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's really neat. Thanks. Did you show-um how it was done?

#323 6 years ago

Has anyone ever had an issue with their toilet bowl? I wiped down my pf tonight and wiped down the Ramp too. Now when I shoot the toilet bowl ramp it just kinda duds into the hole, if I'm lucky it'll make one loop but hardly ever. It used to go 3-5 times around perfectly. If I take the glass off and fling the ball down the straight part of ramp after the bend it works perfect. If I fling it from the entrance of the ramp before the first bend it won't work no matter what speed I try. Any ideas? Thanks!

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has anyone ever had an issue with their toilet bowl? I wiped down my pf tonight and wiped down the Ramp too. Now when I shoot the toilet bowl ramp it just kinda duds into the hole, if I'm lucky it'll make one loop but hardly ever. It used to go 3-5 times around perfectly. If I take the glass off and fling the ball down the straight part of ramp after the bend it works perfect. If I fling it from the entrance of the ramp before the first bend it won't work no matter what speed I try. Any ideas? Thanks!

That's a new one on me.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has anyone ever had an issue with their toilet bowl? I wiped down my pf tonight and wiped down the Ramp too. Now when I shoot the toilet bowl ramp it just kinda duds into the hole

Did you happen to bend the metal flap? During the wipe down. It should deflect the ball along the wall of the 360 degree bowl.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Did you happen to bend the metal flap? During the wipe down. It should deflect the ball along the wall of the 360 degree bowl.

No I really didn't touch that area but I'll have a look

#327 6 years ago

Can someone post a pic of their bowl and metal flap to compare?

image.jpg
image.jpg

#328 6 years ago

I'm thinking maybe it is bent inwards a little?

#329 6 years ago

He is a quick shot of the one on my pin.
DSCN0686.JPG

This has been a problem with other Mustang pins.

#330 6 years ago

4 or 5 loops are possible with a generously set tilt.

#331 6 years ago

It's a weird issue. Something's happening at the first bend in the top right corner of the game. If I fling it straight down after that bend it works flawlessly. If I fling it before the bend no matter the speed it klunks in the exit hole without even making it one full 360

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

He is a quick shot of the one on my pin.
DSCN0686.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
This has been a problem with other Mustang pins.

That's crazy how much shorter your metal flap is compared to Eskaybees. Mine is long like his but it's straight and twice as far from the switch as yours and his and mine works just fine.

#333 6 years ago

Darcy had a good thought which I think holds true. The chemicals from the rag when I wiped down the ramp probably is causing the ball to glide more than roll. I wiped down the ramp more with a clean rag as well as the balls then tested it by rolling the ball up the ramp so it would roll more than glide down and seems to improve a lot. Haven't tested gameplay yet but probably just gotta play though it. I'll follow up if this is the resolution.

#334 6 years ago

I went to the supermarket early this morning and saw this in the parking lot. '66

Boy, did I want this car - it was beautiful.

m1.JPG

#335 6 years ago

If your Mustang pin is set up with a higher play field angle, this may also effect the ball looping around the 360 Bowl. I've played a LE with a high angle and the ball could only loop the bowl 1 and a half times.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I went to the supermarket early this morning and saw this in the parking lot. '66
Boy, I did I want this car - it was beautiful.
m1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Emberglo is a nifty color.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

If your Mustang pin is set up with a higher play field angle, this may also effect the ball looping around the 360 Bowl. I've played a LE with a high angle and the ball could only loop the bowl 1 and a half times.

Nah don't think that's it. My pitch is 6.7 deg and before I cleaned the pf and ramp it worked all the time for 3-5 loops

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nah don't think that's it. My pitch is 6.7 deg and before I cleaned the pf and ramp it worked all the time for 3-5 loops

I should of typed that more clearly, oops! When I meant 'your game' I meant anybody's else's Mustang Pin not your game Eskaybee.

#339 6 years ago

So the great debate is the pro good enough on this model, or is a premium/LE a must? I am looking to pick one up. I have only played an LE not s Pro.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Onthefringe:

So the great debate is the pro good enough on this model, or is a premium/LE a must? I am looking to pick one up. I have only played an LE not s Pro.

I haven't played a pro but a few things I really like on the LE is the 5&6 ball multiballs, the ramp diverter to the right flipper, and the extra songs.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I haven't played a pro but a few things I really like on the LE is the 5&6 ball multiballs, the ramp diverter to the right flipper, and the extra songs.

Doesn't the pro also have 6 balls in the trough?

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don't know; thought it was 4.

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh and btw; I finished my pinball browser editing so you guys cAn rate my song list and if you want it, send me a pm. It has some bonus jp call outs too compliments of Smassa
Rascal Flats - life is a highway
Mötley Crüe - kickstart my heart
Tantric - down and out
Charmed city Devils - man of sorrow
Blues bros - soul man
Ram Jam - black Betty
Iron Maiden - the trooper
Pennywise - let us hear your voice
Offspring - all I want
Cheryl Crow - Real Gone
Linkin Park - giving up
Royal Blood - figure it out
KISS - Detroit rock city
White Zombie - Black Sunshine
Heh now that I think about it; I don't think I've ever played this game with the factory music on any pin Ive played

Made some alterations to my song list. Eliminated TANTRIC & Charm City Devils. Added ACDC (Shoot to Thrill) & GNR (You Could be Mine). Edited my drift mode (Linkin Park) to fit better. If anyone wants my code, feel free to PM. Its LE/Prem

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yes, the Pro is a 6 ball game

#345 6 years ago

Here's my boss with the black nickel powder coat by pinball refinery. Hard to photograph.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#346 6 years ago

If you don't mind sharing, how much was the black nickel powdercoat? I have gloss red on Mustang, but I'm thinking candy red or black nickel for ACDC.

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from Onthefringe:

I've played the Pro and LE extensively. For me, it would be a Pro no brainer. There isn't enough extras that are utilized well for me to even consider buying an LE. The owner of the LE on route here shares that sentiment. He was sold a bill of goods to upgrade to the LE and he regrets it alot.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've played the Pro and LE extensively. For me, it would be a Pro no brainer. There isn't enough extras that are utilized well for me to even consider buying an LE. The owner of the LE on route here shares that sentiment. He was sold a bill of goods to upgrade to the LE and he regrets it alot.

If he really regrets it a lot, why doesn't he sell it and get a pro and pocket the difference? He wouldn't have a hard time selling the LE.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If he really regrets it a lot, why doesn't he sell it and get a pro and pocket the difference? He wouldn't have a hard time selling the LE.

He knows he screwed up as he paid pretty close to real retail for it, so there is no way he is going to get the $7500+ he paid for it. On the resale market, while he doesn't doubt he could sell it, he knows he would have a hard time getting more than $6500 and he doesn't want to take that much of a bath on such a new game. Even if he did sell it, I don't think he would get a Pro. This LE experience soured him on Mustang as a pin.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

He knows he screwed up as he paid pretty close to real retail for it, so there is no way he is going to get the $7500+ he paid for it. On the resale market, while he doesn't doubt he could sell it, he knows he would have a hard time getting more than $6500 and he doesn't want to take that much of a bath on such a new game. Even if he did sell it, I don't think he would get a Pro. This LE experience soured him on Mustang as a pin.

IMO People buying a pinball machine for 7500 shouldn't be worried about losing some money if it comes time to sell. If you can't stand to take a loss then dumping $7500 on a luxury item probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

There are 1,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside