16107191_10209057972431355_7073679525452775149_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 44.
#251 9 years ago

So how many Boss were made?

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

We think,around 120 but who knows,anyway it is going to be rare

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

#254 9 years ago

Rules question:

anyone know how often the orbit gates should be open? For instance, during police pursuit sometimes they'll never open up and other times I play the mode they're open on pretty much every shot. Do the modes act differently each time they are played which could be causing this strange observation?

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rules question:
anyone know how often the orbit gates should be open? For instance, during police pursuit sometimes they'll never open up and other times I play the mode they're open on pretty much every shot. Do the modes act differently each time they are played which could be causing this strange observation?

On the plunge they gates only allow the ball to enter the area above the roll overs. During Police Pursuit and Road Race the gates allow for ball travel in both directions. 5 complete orbit shots are my maximum so far. Then a sequence is complete and the left gate closes. The left gate will also close when the left ramp is down.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rules question:

The right orbit shot should have the gate open any time the right orbit shot is lit during Police Pursuit (and it's probably open even if that shot isn't lit/flashing).

The left side shot is a different animal with more variations I believe, so I'm not sure on that one.

In my video you can see me nail the right orbit shot a few times (2out of 3 shots) during Police Pursuit and it goes all the way around (start around the 1:00 minute mark):

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The right orbit shot should have the gate open any time the right orbit shot is lit during Police Pursuit (and it's probably open even if that shot isn't lit/flashing).
The left side shot is a different animal with more variations I believe, so I'm not sure on that one.
In my video you can see me nail the right orbit shot a few times (2out of 3 shots) during Police Pursuit and it goes all the way around (start around the 1:00 minute mark):
» YouTube video

Thanks. Seen that. It seems it's usually open on right orbit shots. But some games it opens on left orbit shots and some games it doesn't. Seems weird. I'll have to do some glass off testing.

#258 9 years ago

Its also open on the skill shot. Hold left flipper on plunge, then hit the Mustang store for 2,000,000! This is true on the LE. Not sure about Pro.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Its also open on the skill shot. Hold left flipper on plunge, then hit the Mustang store for 2,000,000!

Gotcha thx. I wish they were open more but I guess it's good it's a rare occurrence.

Anyone hear anything on a code update? Would love to see a drift champion.

Also, anyone know who did the code? i didn't think it was Lonnie at first but the more I play, the more Lonnie similarities I see in certain modes. I'm guessing Lonnie did the wizard modes and a couple multiballs and one or two others worked on the individual rules. The upgrade modes feel Lyman 'ish. So maybe a big group effort? In any case, they did a great job.

#260 9 years ago

So I went into feature adjustment #15; extra ball weight - and set it to 5. Seems to have helped dramatically. The other thing I did was set extra ball to completing 2 modes rather than just playing 2 modes. Much improved.

I'm pretty certain Lonnie did the rules for this pin and he did a stellar job! He took all the good stuff that he's coded over the past couple years and bundled it in perfectly into mustang. Still needs a little polish but it's top notch as is.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm pretty certain Lonnie did the rules for this pin and he did a stellar job! He took all the good stuff that he's coded over the past couple years and bundled it in perfectly into mustang. Still needs a little polish but it's top notch as is.

When was the last time a game came out that was this good code wise so quickly? I haven't been in the hobby long enough to know.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I went into feature adjustment #15; extra ball weight - and set it to 5. Seems to have helped dramatically.

I played with that before, but I wasn't sure what the numbers meant? Higher for more EB's, or less?

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When was the last time a game came out that was this good code wise so quickly? I haven't been in the hobby long enough to know.

Transformers, also done by Lonnie. But that code is not nearly as good as mustang.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I played with that before, but I wasn't sure what the numbers meant? Higher for more EB's, or less?

I'm guessing it's %? Have no idea.

#265 9 years ago

What is the "sweep shot" ? Is it the right orbit?

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

What is the "sweep shot" ? Is it the right orbit?

Rollovers at the top. A roving shot moves over all of them.

#267 9 years ago

Hey guys, just wanted to share another Boss with everyone. It is #36. Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Mustang Boss Premium.JPGMustang Boss Premium.JPG
#268 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

They can make more whenever they want, can't they?

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They can make more whenever they want, can't they?

Yes

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from pmcombs:

Hey guys, just wanted to share another Boss with everyone. It is #36. Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Mustang Boss Premium.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

You made a wise choice my friend. New?

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You made a wise choice my friend. New?

Yup, she came right out of the box!

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from pmcombs:

Yup, she came right out of the box!

Now that's the way to do it. Both my "Mustangs" were new...out of the box.....well actually only one came out of a box, the other one came off a car transport. But I don't think the one that came out of the box will last me 44 years. That's how long (so far) I've had the one that came off the transport.

#273 9 years ago

Anybody have an issue with their turntable binding up? I think mine is slightly warped so sometimes when it comes around to the 'S' it pushes up against the motor too hard for it to turn it. Gonna play with it in a bit but wanted to spit this out there in the open in case anyone's come across it.

#274 9 years ago

I don't know who owned this game but whomever brought the mustang to TPF, thank you. I had a blast playing it. I got a hold of it one time Such a great game with major risk reward (got the 6 ball MB on this game). Game was beautiful too.

20150327_204125.jpeg20150327_204125.jpeg

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I don't know who owned this game but whomever brought the mustang to TPF, thank you. I had a blast playing it. I got a hold of it one time Such a great game with major risk reward (got the 6 ball MB on this game). Game was beautiful too.
20150327_204125.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

Now you know why we like it sooooo much and if you bling it out it really is a beautiful game.

#276 9 years ago

Anyone else have a clear red apron with flashers on their game or am I the only one.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now you know why we like it sooooo much and if you bling it out it really is a beautiful game.

I gotta give it to you Paul, you've been preaching about this game since the get go. I thought it was just your love for Mustang in general, but the game really does kick ass. Still early 'honeymoon' phase to me; but love it so far

#278 9 years ago

And here's the PREM/LE pinball browser song requests for your pleasure!

Im certain im missing a few, but here are the main ones:

REQ 26: 2m46s - Cruisin' Mode
REQ 32: 2m44s - Rally Race
REQ 38: 1m19s - Gear Shift Multiball
REQ 39: 1m53s - Drag City
REQ 40-43: 5s - Drag City Short Intro
REQ 44: 4m41s - Race
REQ 47: 4m41s - Selectable Song
REQ 50: 2m47s - Selectable Song
REQ 54: 2m53s - Selectable Song
REQ 58: 0m51s - Police Pursuit 1
REQ 59: 1m29s - Police Pursuit 2
REQ 61: 0m54s - Unknown
REQ 65: 0m54s - Drift Mode
REQ 66: 0m37s - Unknown
REQ 67: 0m52s - Final Wizard Mode
REQ 69: 0m36s - Default Music (game over music too?)
REQ 72: 0m35s - Burn Out Multiball
REQ 74: 0m58s - Mustang MB Ready (and/or wizard mode lit?)
REQ 75: 0m35s - Mustang Multiball

Now that I think about it; not sure where stunt driver fits into the song request - must have missed that one since I left it factory. Will update when I find out.

And If stern is reading and want something added to the owners wishlist for new code...increase soundtrack timers for Mustang mb, burnout mb, and drift mode

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I gotta give it to you Paul, you've been preaching about this game since the get go. I thought it was just your love for Mustang in general, but the game really does kick ass. Still early 'honeymoon' phase to me; but love it so far

Well thanks I have since we first heard it was coming out because, a. - who designed it, b. - who was doing the rules, c. - I knew that with Ford behind it Stern was not going to get away with a poor design and shitty rules that would be left to languish for years, d. - I loved the artwork and e. - I like Mustangs. When I knew which one I could afford (I really wanted a Boss) I bought it without watching any vids or playing it and when the box showed up I was not disappointed. I will ALWAYS give a game a chance, when I get to play it I make up my own mind about it. If I don't care for it I NEVER come on Pinside and start slamming it because I know it may be a grail pin to someone else and I don't want a Pinside reputation as being a dick with a closed mind. If someone buys that game I'll encourage them by saying something like "oh man you in for some fun now" or "good choice, have a blast". Life is to short to be an asshat. Thanks again, your a good Pinsider.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well thanks I have since we first heard it was coming out because, a. - who designed it, b. - who was doing the rules, c. - I knew that with Ford behind it Stern was not going to get away with a poor design and shitty rules that would be left to languish for years, d. - I loved the artwork and e. - I like Mustangs. When I knew which one I could afford (I really wanted a Boss) I bought it without watching any vids or playing it and when the box showed up I was not disappointed. I will ALWAYS give a game a chance, when I get to play it I make up my own mind about it. If I don't care for it I NEVER come on Pinside and start slamming it because I know it may be a grail pin to someone else and I don't want a Pinside reputation as being a dick with a closed mind. If someone buys that game I'll encourage them by saying something like "oh man you in for some fun now" or "good choice, have a blast". Life is to short to be an asshat. Thanks again, your a good Pinsider.

Great post Paul! Stand up guy. Wish more of us respected our love for certain machines like you did

Regarding 'b' in your post; who did do the rules? To me it feels like a mix of Lonnie (modes and wizard modes) mixed with Lyman (multiballs and upgrade scoring rules). I heard maybe one of the young programmers were involved too? No one seems to be clear or taking ownership of this pin.

#281 9 years ago

Oh I can't remember now, it was to long ago. My old brain could use some help.

#282 9 years ago

Sharing a pic of us playing mustang tonight

image.jpgimage.jpg

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sharing a pic of us playing mustang tonight
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Love it....how badly did the little guy beat ya.

#284 9 years ago

Beside the tachomater and some road sign (do someone sell them?), is there any others mod for this awesome pin ?

#285 9 years ago

IMO Boss is really best looking of all

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

Beside the tachomater and some road sign (do someone sell them?), is there any others mod for this awesome pin ?

check this one out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-shifter-shooter-plate-hooked-on-pinball

and if you want to make your own shooter rod you can get my gear shift shooter knob and a blank shooter rod from Pinball Life.

625x465_3195216_9319117_1425536839.jpg625x465_3195216_9319117_1425536839.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/product/F469UKZQ4/shooter-rod-knob-car-pinballs
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1608

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

20150327_204125.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

That's my game. You're welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's the same pin on page one of this thread. I got it from mnflipper, who did a great job customizing it.

#288 9 years ago

Any news on when we might (hopefully) see another software upgrade?

#289 9 years ago

I had the siderails, legs and card tray powdercoated in Dark Blue Metallic.

IMG_0064.jpgIMG_0064.jpg IMG_0063.jpgIMG_0063.jpg IMG_0062_2.jpgIMG_0062_2.jpg IMG_0065_2.jpgIMG_0065_2.jpg
#290 9 years ago
Quoted from ArnieC:

I had the siderails, legs and card tray powdercoated in Dark Blue Metallic.

IMG_0064.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0063.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0062_2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0065_2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice!
The one I got is powder coated in black nickel. Looks really slick! But hard to photograph; I'll try and post some pics.

#291 9 years ago

Oh and btw; I finished my pinball browser editing so you guys cAn rate my song list and if you want it, send me a pm. It has some bonus jp call outs too compliments of Smassa

Rascal Flats - life is a highway
Mötley Crüe - kickstart my heart
Tantric - down and out
Charmed city Devils - man of sorrow
Blues bros - soul man
Ram Jam - black Betty
Iron Maiden - the trooper
Pennywise - let us hear your voice
Offspring - all I want
Cheryl Crow - Real Gone
Linkin Park - giving up
Royal Blood - figure it out
KISS - Detroit rock city
White Zombie - Black Sunshine

Heh now that I think about it; I don't think I've ever played this game with the factory music on any pin Ive played

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Any news on when we might (hopefully) see another software upgrade?

What you would want in another software upgrade? The game seems complete to me and pretty well rounded to me.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And here's the PREM/LE pinball browser song request main ones:
REQ 26: 2m46s - Cruisin' Mode
REQ 32: 2m44s - Rally Race
REQ 38: 1m19s - Gear Shift Multiball
REQ 39: 1m53s - Drag City
REQ 40-43: 5s - Drag City Short Intro
REQ 44: 4m41s - Race
REQ 47: 4m41s - Selectable Song
REQ 50: 2m47s - Selectable Song
REQ 54: 2m53s - Selectable Song
REQ 58: 0m51s - Police Pursuit 1
REQ 59: 1m29s - Police Pursuit 2
REQ 61: 0m54s - Unknown
REQ 65: 0m54s - Drift Mode
REQ 66: 0m37s - Unknown
REQ 67: 0m52s - Final Wizard Mode
REQ 69: 0m36s - Default Music (game over music too?)
REQ 72: 0m35s - Burn Out Multiball
REQ 74: 0m58s - Mustang MB Ready (and/or wizard mode lit?)
REQ 75: 0m35s - Mustang Multiball
Now that I think about it; not sure where stunt driver fits into the song request - must have missed that one since I left it factory. Will update when I find out.
And If stern is reading and want something added to the owners wishlist for new code...increase soundtrack timers for Mustang mb, burnout mb, and drift mode

Good suggestion!

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh and btw; I finished my pinball browser editing so you guys cAn rate my song list and if you want it, send me a pm. It has some bonus jp call outs too compliments of Smassa

Heh now that I think about it; I don't think I've ever played this game with the factory music on any pin Ive played

Good thing or you may have never bought it!!!

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

What you would want in another software upgrade? The game seems complete to me and pretty well rounded to me.

Agreed! Game feels complete and well rounded. But since you asked, here's what I'd like to see in an update which is all polish for the most part:

1. Add drift mode champion
2. Increase points for upgrade scoring and/or make it stackable with modes
3. Add a ghost ball search so to speak for the ramp. When it's in left orbit mode and a shot is registered, the ramp goes down - it should then look for another switch to be made via top lanes or right orbit and if it doesn't make one of those switches after a second or 2, the ramp should be made to believe a ball is stuck and lift.
4. Increase the techno music loop time on mustang mb, drift mode, burnout mb, and wizard mode.
5. Use the orbit gates more often depending on the conditions of a mode. Sometimes they remain closed when they feel like they should be open.
6. Use the left ramp variables more. Sometimes a mode has left targets lit and the ramp is in orbit mode with no orbit control gate and/or its in left ramp mode and returns to the left flipper when it should use the diverter to the right.
7. Add some engine and car noises to flipper butons for attract mode. Maybe an ignition failong to start with the start button when there's no credits.
8. Add a few more toys/awards to the toolbox

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed! Game feels complete and well rounded. But since you asked, here's what I'd like to see in an update which is all polish for the most part:
1. Add drift mode champion
2. Increase points for upgrade scoring and/or make it stackable with modes
3. Add a ghost ball search so to speak for the ramp. When it's in left orbit mode and a shot is registered, the ramp goes down - it should then look for another switch to be made via top lanes or right orbit and if it doesn't make one of those switches after a second or 2, the ramp should be made to believe a ball is stuck and lift.
4. Increase the techno music loop time on mustang mb, drift mode, burnout mb, and wizard mode.
5. Use the orbit gates more often depending on the conditions of a mode. Sometimes they remain closed when they feel like they should be open.
6. Use the left ramp variables more. Sometimes a mode has left targets lit and the ramp is in orbit mode with no orbit control gate and/or its in left ramp mode and returns to the left flipper when it should use the diverter to the right.
7. Add some engine and car noises to flipper butons for attract mode. Maybe an ignition failong to start with the start button when there's no credits.
8. Add a few more toys/awards to the toolbox

I am totally lost.

#297 9 years ago

I would really like to see #2 implemented. Many times I will just time it out if I am playing in league or a tournament. That mode locks out everything, so even though the points can be good if you hit your shots, I don't think the risk is normally worth the reward here.

#1 is good too. I am all for high score tables. Should be pretty easy to implement too.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Scoring seems pretty lop-sided. Either you get a mediocre score or you get 6-ball gear shift multiball and you're up to 240M.

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Scoring seems pretty lop-sided. Either you get a mediocre score or you get 6-ball gear shift multiball and you're up to 240M.

It's risk vs. reward. Gear 6 doesn't guarantee a 50 million (or 100 million super jackpot) and trying for Gear 6 doesn't mean you will automatically get it. You can get very big scores even without that super jackpot.

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's risk vs. reward. Gear 6 doesn't guarantee a 50 million (or 100 million super jackpot) and trying for Gear 6 doesn't mean you will automatically get it. You can get very big scores even without that super jackpot.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. I mean I understand why some people feel the scoring on Gear 6 MB is "lopsided", but I don't feel that way because there is a decent amount of risk involved to get to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.