16107191_10209057972431355_7073679525452775149_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 44.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I like that car

Me too but I much prefer my tires and wheels.

Mustang at BIR 1980.jpgMustang at BIR 1980.jpg
#102 9 years ago

I have another Option....

12.JPG12.JPG

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

I have another Option....

12.JPG 18 KB

The car looks great but the tires and wheels (to me) are wrong. It's a road race car and those tires and wheels would last about 30 seconds on a road course.

#104 9 years ago

Actually that's a drag car. Old Mustangs weren't known for their turning ability. Now the new GT350 Ford is about to release, we'll see...

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Actually that's a drag car. Old Mustangs weren't known for their turning ability.

Looks like a road race car to me and I've never seen drag tires and wheels like those before. You just have to know how to set them up for road racing.

This is my buddy's Grabber Blue Mach1 RR Mustang. I've put many working hours on it and have ridden many laps at speed (160+). Handles like a go cart....well almost. Another of my friends has a '65 Shelby road race car with a 550 hp, 9200rpm, 16 to 1 compression ratio 289 in it with a cluchless Jerico trany.

The Grabber Orange '70 Boss 302's run in the vintage class and are owned by a guy in Appleton, WI. He has about 5 or 6 other vintage Mustangs also. Must be nice to have money.
1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg1074816_208160445974716_1849089122_o.jpg
IMGA0099.JPGIMGA0099.JPG
IMGA0100.JPGIMGA0100.JPG
IMGA0101.JPGIMGA0101.JPG
IMGA0102.JPGIMGA0102.JPG

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Actually that's a drag car. Old Mustangs weren't known for their turning ability. Now the new GT350 Ford is about to release, we'll see...

Did you happen to miss BOSS 302. The SCCA champion back in 1970. To your credit yes, the standard Mustang is not known for great handling.
It took Carroll Shelby, Parnelli Jones, Bud Moore, George Follmer, and their crews to get the BOSS 302 to handle perfectly.Although the race prepared cars are not street cars. Many of the mods were on the road cars.

On any first generation Mustang the following improvements will help the handling. Lowering the A-Arms, larger sway bar, Monte Carlo bar, Export Brace, and stiffer shocks on all 4 corners.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

On any first generation Mustang the following improvements will help the handling. Lowering the A-Arms, larger sway bar, Monte Carlo bar, Export Brace, and stiffer shocks on all 4 corners.

That's right plus all the sheet metal seams on the undercarrage are seam welded not just spot welded, the upper A arms and lower control arms are boxed in on the underside, a short pitman arm on the steering box, a quicker steering box (16 to 1 I believe), 750lb front springs with a coil cut off to make them about 850lb which lowers the front end and don't forget the over rider traction bars and panhard rod on the rear end housing, an extra leaf spring added with 1in. lowering blocks. And I heard that the BOSS had the front A pillers shortened by an inch which dropped the roof down in front to make it more aero.

My Mustang has all of yours and mine (except lowering the roof in front)mods on it that we posted here and there are probably a couple I can't think of right now and that's just the suspension and steering mods.

#108 9 years ago

The Trans-Am Boss 302 race cars were mostly hand built. None of the current aftermarket sheet metal will fit on the race cars. We had one at a show, and the owner then did a presentation on his race car. # 16 I think. The cars started out as 1969's and the sheet metal was changed to look like a 1970. The race cars were kind of 9/10ths size of the street cars

#109 9 years ago

Of the 20 or so factory T/A Boss 302's built by Ford in '69 and '70, I've personally seen about 12 of them. Living in California CAN be good sometimes. Truth be told, one of the nation's foremost restorers of those '69-'70 Mustang factory race cars is about 10 miles from my house. I usually saw them as he finished them and brought them to local car shows.

While they are normal size(had to be for proper homologation), there is a lot of stuff that is cut, shaved, and "caressed", down on them. The most notable thing that they did was to figuratively and almost literally "chop" a wedge out of the bottom back of the fenders, thereby lowering just the nose of the car. On production Mustangs, the bodyline that starts at the front edge of the fenders remains basically flat all the way back to the end of the door. If you look at the factory built race cars, that line is slanted down at the nose. They did this largely for aerodynamics of course, and it's also a good way to tell if a car is a recreation/clone/fake factory T/A car.

This one's my absolute favorite:

1969 Smokey Yunick T/A Boss 3021969 Smokey Yunick T/A Boss 302

#110 9 years ago

ohhhhh baby, that '69 brings tear's to my eyes. My '70 was a Grabber Package Mustang, Grabber Orange, dual racing mirrors, blacked out tail light panel, hub caps and trim rings and a black reflective C stripe like on the '69 Boss's....but without the BOSS 302 part on it. I've known about Kar Kraft since forever. Seeing that '69 makes me want mine back RIGHT now....but have to wait. Looks really funny with the roll around tires on it.

M 5.JPGM 5.JPG
M 2.JPGM 2.JPG
M 7.JPGM 7.JPG
IMGA0298.JPGIMGA0298.JPG
IMGA0300.JPGIMGA0300.JPG

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Of the 20 or so factory T/A Boss 302's built by Ford in '69 and '70, I've personally seen about 12 of them. Living in California CAN be good sometimes. Truth be told, one of the nation's foremost restorers of those '69-'70 Mustang factory race cars is about 10 miles from my house. I usually saw them as he finished them and brought them to local car shows.
While they are normal size(had to be for proper homologation), there is a lot of stuff that is cut, shaved, and "caressed", down on them. The most notable thing that they did was to figuratively and almost literally "chop" a wedge out of the bottom back of the fenders, thereby lowering just the nose of the car. On production Mustangs, the bodyline that starts at the front edge of the fenders remains basically flat all the way back to the end of the door. If you look at the factory built race cars, that line is slanted down at the nose. They did this largely for aerodynamics of course, and it's also a good way to tell if a car is a recreation/clone/fake factory T/A car.
This one's my absolute favorite:
1969 Smokey Yunick T/A Boss 302

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

That is a cool photo! Boss 302 sitting outside of Kar Kraft, the other Mustang and the Mercury on the left. The guys in the window looking back at the photographer. This is an older photo it is really nifty. I wonder if that car is a mule and has a Boss 429 in it? Imagine the poor kid with the hot Camaro or Firebird getting smoked by that car on the street. Is there a back story? Other than the Mr.Yunick connection.

9c3d9cd777a509c27238fb8fc8c955cd... 183 KB

#112 9 years ago

As far as I know, this was the only race-ready Boss 302 Trans Am car Ford gave to Smokey Yunick. It was powered buy a twin Holley Dominator topped Boss 302 engine(standard fare for T/A cars). It was built for road course races, but he later converted it for use on NASCAR ovals, namely Talladega where he turned in a lap of over 176mph.

These T/A Boss 302's were never really meant for the street.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

These T/A Boss 302's were never really meant for the street.

That's for sure, everything on them was so HD that there was no way you could do that. Mine is set up old school like those and if you get on a rough road it's murder. But on smooth roads it's pure joy. Ya know on a 2 lane highway when a semi passes you going the other direction and your both doing 65mph, I can take my hands off the steering wheel and the car doesn't even flinch when you pass each other. If your doing 65 or 140 it "feels" like your doing those speeds. Unless I do something stupid it's very hard to overdrive my car at speed. Under braking or missing a down shift is what usually gets me in trouble.

#114 9 years ago

I played Mustang at Nevus' place and I really enjoyed it. I have RFM on the way but I'm always thinking about the next one. I've gone from AMH, IM, TWD, and now I'm leaning towards Mustang. Just a fun, fast, loud game. Oh, and custom songs are a must!

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I played Mustang at Nevus' place and I really enjoyed it. I have RFM on the way but I'm always thinking about the next one. I've gone from AMH, IM, TWD, and now I'm leaning towards Mustang. Just a fun, fast, loud game. Oh, and custom songs are a must!

That's good to hear, if you get it I hope it stays a while. With as much as I've blinged out my Pro it aint goin nowhere.

#116 9 years ago

EVERYONE!!! You have got to go to utube and watch the Ken Block video Assault LA. It's the best 15 you can spend watching a Mustang. It's FANTASTIC!! And if you have a good sound system CRANK IT!!!

#117 9 years ago

This game is awesome!!!!!just came back from playing it for the first time. would love to get my hands on one in the near future, what are your thoughts on the pro vs premium worth the extra $$ ??

#118 9 years ago

I recently played the Pro as well and really enjoyed it. My question for the owners is this...

If the 1.40 software was the last update this game will ever get, are you satisfied? If I ever considered buying one, it's likely the software won't see any more updates, so I'm wondering if it is decent as it stands or still needs work?

Based on the apparent lack of sales, I'm speculating it won't get the attention, so I want to make sure it's good.

#119 9 years ago

I would hope others chime in but I am satisfied with my boss and if it never gets another update I am good,so much fun

#120 9 years ago

I'm happy with the code - go and get the game!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I recently played the Pro as well and really enjoyed it. My question for the owners is this...
If the 1.40 software was the last update this game will ever get, are you satisfied? If I ever considered buying one, it's likely the software won't see any more updates, so I'm wondering if it is decent as it stands or still needs work?
Based on the apparent lack of sales, I'm speculating it won't get the attention, so I want to make sure it's good.

Well it all really depends on how much of a rules junky you are. For some the rules are easy to understand and can play the game to the max. Me, I'm just a player not a rules follower so the game is fine right now for me.

#122 9 years ago

I had the a group over yesterday and Mustang got good reviews.

Except one Pinsider, who refers to it as "Pinto"

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I had the a group over yesterday and Mustang got good reviews.
Except one Pinsider, who refers to it as "Pinto"

It's a fun game. My boss came over the other day, hadn't been over since I got Mustang and first game got over 70 mil. He loved it.

1 week later
#124 9 years ago

Christmas came early and refinery mustang premium arrived. I have a scoop hole protector if anyone needs one. Premium came with one installed. PM me if you need one.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-971.jpgimage-971.jpg
#125 9 years ago

congrats on the pick up MJW looks awesome, how are you enjoying the game?? Ive never seen the boss model it looks great, I had a game on the pro and really enjoyed it, have you noticed much of a difference between the two models???

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

congrats on the pick up MJW looks awesome, how are you enjoying the game?? Ive never seen the boss model it looks great, I had a game on the pro and really enjoyed it, have you noticed much of a difference between the two models???

Thanks Whisper. I'm liking it. I played the pro at a local theatre and dug it. I collect car themed pins and own a lot of mustangs so it was a good fit. It has a numbered plaque from Stern that surprised me.Mine is #87.

Is it worth the extra money from a pro? Not really considering you don't get a whole lot of extra toys but I like premiums and custom touches. I also liked the artwork better. This is my second Refinery pin.

Put a shaker in today and will add external sub tommorow. Custom songs would really be cool on this game. Some day maybe I can figure out pinball browser or get some help.

#127 9 years ago

Arnie c requested to see some pics.

image-912.jpgimage-912.jpg image-420.jpgimage-420.jpg image-558.jpgimage-558.jpg image-756.jpgimage-756.jpg image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg
#128 9 years ago

Sweet, love the Refinery's attention to detail, I have their MET. Like the shifter pattern shooter housing. Is your turntable '70 Grabber Orange Boss 302? Hard to tell for sure only seeing only that much.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sweet, love the Refinery's attention to detail, I have their MET. Like the shifter pattern shooter housing. Is your turntable '70 Grabber Orange Boss 302? Hard to tell for sure only seeing only that much.

It is a yellow boss 302. I want to change it out to a white one that has 50 years of mustang on it. Summit was selling them. I gotta figure out how involved the swap is. Alum flipper bats with blue super bands are up next.

Glad I went with Hooked tach mod. Really neat mod.
I'll try to take some better pictures tommorow when I have more light. The powder coat looks better than pictures show. The shift pattern is the one shapeways sells.

Thanks Paul

#130 9 years ago

looks great MJW, would like to see a close up of the shifter plate as that was the nice solid silver one

#131 9 years ago

Here you go Swinks. Thanks for coming up with these. I went with a plunger without shift pattern since it is already on your mod.

The first game Gio ordered had a forklift hole in it so he had to send it back for another.

image-26.jpgimage-26.jpg image-179.jpgimage-179.jpg image-573.jpgimage-573.jpg image-698.jpgimage-698.jpg
#132 9 years ago

Nice MJW, love the fact this table has Ace of Spades by Motorhead on it, is it easy to change songs out on it using Pinball Browser??? ive tried to do a little research on it but haven't found much info.

#133 9 years ago

I started a thread that also has some links that should help you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-music

It's easy once you figure it out, but the figuring it out part can be time consuming. Contributing does make things easier because there's extra features like not having to worry about changing formats and frequency rates.

I'm with ya on the Motorhead! Ace of Spades is the only song I kept, and I'm thinking of doing an all Motorhead version for mine! The other cool thing is you can save all of your "improved" codes and swap 'em out at any time.

#134 9 years ago

Also, I sorta like the trend of clear inserts. It lets you experiment with different colors. It really helps me to have a color on the top "Ford" rollover lanes to make it easier to toggle without thinking too much.

Oct-Nov-Dec 2014 263.jpgOct-Nov-Dec 2014 263.jpg

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Here you go Swinks. Thanks for coming up with these. I went with a plunger without shift pattern since it is already on your mod.
The first game Gio ordered had a forklift hole in it so he had to send it back for another.

Thanks for the pic, looks good.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

I started a thread that also has some links that should help you.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-music
It's easy once you figure it out, but the figuring it out part can be time consuming. Contributing does make things easier because there's extra features like not having to worry about changing formats and frequency rates.
I'm with ya on the Motorhead! Ace of Spades is the only song I kept, and I'm thinking of doing an all Motorhead version for mine! The other cool thing is you can save all of your "improved" codes and swap 'em out at any time.

Thanks Tullster, I will look into it now, I don't have Mustang yet but hope to in the new year when im a little more cashed up!!! I like your style with an all Motorhead music selection, that's what I would be going for with maybe the exception of the Alice In Chains song, Would, if I can figure out how its done.. please keep us posted...this game is a cracker!!!!!!

2 weeks later
#137 9 years ago

Scoop protector for sale. $10.00 shipped. 1/24 car to switch out. I got the idea from hooked but changed my mind. $25.00. Shipped.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-744.jpgimage-744.jpg
#138 9 years ago

What model Mustang is that protector for?

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What model Mustang is that protector for?

According to pin protection it is for all. I didn't realize prem already had one. I'll give you a better deal if you need one Paul. You got some nice mods on yours.

#140 9 years ago

Added Polk sub and shaker. Also added a topper. Having fun with this game.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#141 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

According to pin protection it is for all. I didn't realize prem already had one. I'll give you a better deal if you need one Paul. You got some nice mods on yours.

All? That's a really different design. Thanks for the offer but I already have a Cliffy on mine. Hey thanks, I still have a Cobra night light for sale so you can make one just like mine.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Added Polk sub and shaker. Also added a topper. Having fun with this game.

image.jpg 122 KB

WOW an old speedo cluster. Cool idea. I tried sharing a sub between STPro and Mustang and Mustang got completly drown out so I took it off.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

All? That's a really different design. Thanks for the offer but I already have a Cliffy on mine. Hey thanks, I still have a Cobra night light for sale so you can make one just like mine.

Thanks Paul, I'll double check check Pin protection ebay ad.

#145 9 years ago

Pin protection states ebay ad had this fitting all models. Their price is $25.00. Or best offer.

#146 9 years ago

Thanks hooked . I got mine at Griots or Summit Racing for a little cheaper. Added some laseriiffic led strip that are sold on Pinball Life.

#147 9 years ago

Ohhhhh, I thought it looked a little small.

Quoted from MJW:

Pin protection states ebay ad had this fitting all models. Their price is $25.00. Or best offer.

OK. Looks to be pretty HD.

#148 9 years ago

Anyone want to trade their LE?

#149 9 years ago

Twins!
20150102_133834.jpg20150102_133834.jpg

My first NIB!
Thanks, Mike (GAP)!

20150102_143622.jpg20150102_143622.jpg

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Twins!

My first NIB!
Thanks, Mike (GAP)!

20150102_133834.jpg 169 KB

20150102_143622.jpg 210 KB

WOW, now you have a blue one and a red one, life is good. Mustang was my first NIB also. I'll have a black one and a red one. Both the pin and my Mustang car were bought new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.