IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png
IMG_0261 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,158 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 44.
#951 8 years ago

Ah that pesky boost gauge....just figured out how it will work off of the insert...took a while.
Art work stalled but its back on track now...it will happen ...oh yes it will...lol.

Valve covers will be a simple bolt on to scale and 351 logo'd but it will be Feb.

Mustangs and I go way back so this is a mod labor of love for me.
I believe Boost gauge will be the last run of mods for this title for me....Unless I can figure out that start switch mod .

#952 8 years ago

Cool! I'm looking forward to adding both of these as well!

#953 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Valve covers will be a simple bolt on to scale and 351 logo'd but it will be Feb.

But do the covers have a little oil filler cap on each one? If not how then heck am I gonna add oil to my game.

#954 8 years ago

Ha! no oil caps...cost a ton as it is lol....getting final art work tonight.
Figure Valve covers will hit end of month ...hoping same time as my first GoT mod.

#955 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Ha! no oil caps...cost a ton as it is lol....getting final art work tonight.
Figure Valve covers will hit end of month ...hoping same time as my first GoT mod.

Well if I blow up my game cuz it seezes up it'll be on you head.

#956 8 years ago

Add me to the list

#957 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well if I blow up my game cuz it seezes up it'll be on you head.

Too much Nitro will do that to a motor...
I'll post a black and white of the gauge face this weekend or sooner if I can get it off my phone.

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Too much Nitro will do that to a motor.

So will to much laughing gas.

Quoted from HOOKED:

I'll post a black and white of the gauge face this weekend or sooner if I can get it off my phone.

Will we be able to put different colored bulbs in it? Interested to see what th face of the gauge looks like....a sliding bar graph that changes colors as the boost gets higher maybe?

#959 8 years ago

Face is colored. Will be back lit internal to match tach mod. It will be old school needle like tach mod. Black and white is just a working sample. Watch for valve covers too...powered by ford logo.

#960 8 years ago

Trying to link

20160103_153247_(resized).jpg20160103_153247_(resized).jpg

#961 8 years ago

What would be real cool is a mod that replaces the start button with a twisting key. If I had any abilities for making mods I would make one.

#962 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

What would be real cool is a mod that replaces the start button with a twisting key. If I had any abilities for making mods I would make one.

Quoted from HOOKED:

I believe Boost gauge will be the last run of mods for this title for me....Unless I can figure out that start switch mod .

Yes it will be cool / could be if I can get it right.

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Trying to link

20160103_153247_(resized).jpg

Cool.

#964 8 years ago

Received my mods. Thanks HOOKED for making my MUSTANG look awesome!
Dashboard installed - check
NOS bottles installed - check
tach mod installed - check
more to come?…….I'll take it!

IMG_0021_(resized).JPGIMG_0021_(resized).JPG

IMG_0027_(resized).JPGIMG_0027_(resized).JPG

#965 8 years ago

I think I will have to put a blue boss on my LE now...looks great!
Check these out... up next... Late Feb.

vc_stang_(resized).jpgvc_stang_(resized).jpg

#966 8 years ago

any decent links to Mustang pro vids, thanks

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I think I will have to put a blue boss on my LE now...looks great!
Check these out... up next... Late Feb.

vc_stang_(resized).jpg

You forgot 2 cover bolt holes on top, the black areas.

#968 8 years ago

I just looked at the aftermarket valve covers and each had 4 notches so went with it. Actually I wanted to do just three across the bottom but changed last min.

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

any decent links to Mustang pro vids, thanks

http://pinballvideos.com/?m=Mustang

1 week later
#970 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Ah that pesky boost gauge....just figured out how it will work off of the insert...took a while.
Art work stalled but its back on track now...it will happen ...oh yes it will...lol.

Hooked, where will the NOS boost gauge go on the playfield?

#971 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

It's almost done from mezelmods but just for Getaway. Maybe this can get adjusted and maybe looking more "top notch" from hooked?
http://mezelmods.com/collections/hs2-pinball

#972 8 years ago

Just joined the club. Boss 82 in the house. Anyone want to share some custom sound code while i work on my own version?

Game did have custom code when i got it but it was LE code not boss so the callouts on the cars were wrong so i changed back to stock.

20160126_111933_(resized).jpg20160126_111933_(resized).jpg

#973 8 years ago

Is the code considered *complete* for Stern's Mustang? Or are there still things that need to fixed (not necessarily tweaked)?

Just curious as this pin is going to be on my wish list...

#974 8 years ago

I'd say it is complete. I haven't noticed anything missing. Silverball Stampede final wizard mode is well thought out, fully animated, and can actually be beaten (did it with the glass off while figuring out song requests). It's very hard to get to, but not impossible (see below). Drift is a fantastic and unique mini-wizard mode which can be gotten to regularly, but isn't a given...exactly how a mini-wizard should be in my opinion. Upgrade scoring and upgrade multiball are great "bonus modes" separate from the main modes and can almost be looked at as mini-wizards as well. I've only hit upgrade multiball once and it's tough to do well in. Great stuff.

I would personally like to see a few more animations during the modes (some modes like Cruisin seem a little light on them...), but in no way would I say they seem incomplete. All modes are diverse and well thought out with great rules, humor, sounds, and music (especially when adding your own). The animations that are there are great...even Steve Ritchie makes a cameo. It seems pretty well balanced in difficulty, other than the second level of the Cruisin mode which is way more difficult to complete than all the rest. 3 times now that has been all to stop me from hitting Silverball Stampede. It is definitely doable though...nothing like IM with Do or Die Multiball where it is completely out of reach.

It also has multiple great skill shots...a "sneak-in" style needing a perfect plunge, and two choices for the "left button hold full plunge" style...either hit the scoop for big points or hit a roving drop for either big points or at best, points PLUS two gears. Tough and fun.

There are 5 different multiballs (6 if you count the wizard mode!), all with unique requirements and good rules. There are some similarities between a couple of them, but they each have their own feel. All pump the adrenaline, especially with a custom soundtrack (though stock really isn't bad itself).

Fantastic game...way deeper than I imagined before getting it.

#975 8 years ago

Excellent info - thanks!

#976 8 years ago

So how does it compare to TWD, Met and ACDC?

If there could be only 1?

#977 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Loaded question. In all honesty you are putting what MOST people consider three of Stern's best against what MOST people consider one of Stern's weakest. I am heavily biased to Mustang as I love the theme, think it is one of the best looking games ever, and really enjoy the unique layout. I will also freely admit that I am still in the honeymoon stage with mine, but I can't see my opinion of it diminishing at this point. I love everything about it, but I can understand why many do not enjoy it as much.

My personal opinion is Mustang walks all over AC/DC. No one will agree with me, but it's my opinion, LOL! That game just doesn't grab me all that much even though I enjoy the music and love Ritchie games in general. I just do not understand that love it gets. But that's just me.

TWD...that's a closer one. I am not all that familiar with the rules, but I know it is very deep with some pretty interesting/unique stuff going on. I love the theme, but do not find it to be a very attractive looking machine...just very...brownish, LOL. That's not really a knock on the game as it hits the theme well, but compared to Mustang it just isn't as nice looking in my eyes. I also kind of hate how the well walker looks...just a big turn off for some reason. I mean, I love zombies and all, but that dude is just ugly, and not in a good way. It is a unique layout that is a lot of fun to shoot, and the translate/cabinet are great looking. Even though it may not tie directly to the show's characters well, it hits the overall zombie outbreak feel pretty well. Overall, great game and very high on my wish list, but not up there with Mustang to me. That's subject to change with more plays and understanding of the rules though.

Metallica...that's pretty much a tie for me and if I'm being 100% honest I would probably have to say Metallica is the better game once my honeymoon with Mustang wears off. Metallica just has that something special where everything comes together perfectly. I love the theme and music, the artwork is possibly the best ever, the layout is nearly perfect, and the software is awesome. It is definitely #1 on my wish list and once finances allow, I will have one. Mustang is definitely a "lighter/brighter" game while Metallica is more "heavy/dark"...if that makes any sense? Metallica is more intense while Mustang is easier going...that might be a better way to put it (although you can make Mustang feel more intense depending on your custom music choices for sure). They are a pretty good contrast to each other actually, but both can be very fast and adrenaline pumping.

Again, these are only my opinions and I realize not too many people would agree with me (especially about AC/DC).

#978 8 years ago

I have AC/DC and Mustang and while I do LOVE my Mustang ... hands down AC/DC is the better game. If one had to go it wouldn't be AC/DC but I'd cry the whole time somebody loaded Mustang ... do keep in mind they are very different styles of pin IMO.
I (only meaning ME personally) would not sell/trade Mustang to get TWD or Met and I'm guessing outside this thread (maybe even in) that would not be the popular opinion.
I will say I really like Met and the more I play TWD the more I appreciate it but I'm an EM guy at heart and Mustang gives me a "EM in the 21st century" sort of vibe.
I like real drop targets, bumpers and spinners instead of bash toys and Mustang doesn't disappoint. It is coded well and has much deeper rules than some might think. The common complaint is the theme, rarely does somebody who has played it a lot complain about the game play.

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Is the code considered *complete* for Stern's Mustang? Or are there still things that need to fixed (not necessarily tweaked)?
Just curious as this pin is going to be on my wish list...

See page 33:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bI7gUksbVgeW8yT1BsZ3R5cW8/view?usp=sharing

Third (and final) document version with additional info/refinements to be available soon. Examples of some more code fixes/improvements to be added are 1) GEARS multiball tilt bug (need to verify this yet) and 2) ability to see # of Power Shifts available in Instant Info.

Quoted from pninja005:

Although all 3 are fun games as well, I personally wouldn't trade my Mustang for any of them.

#980 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Just joined the club. Boss 82 in the house. Anyone want to share some custom sound code while i work on my own version?
Game did have custom code when i got it but it was LE code not boss so the callouts on the cars were wrong so i changed back to stock.

20160126_111933_(resized).jpg

Welcome to the club. Hope you keep and enjoy Mustang for a looooooooooooooooong time.

#981 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Although all 3 are fun games as well, I personally wouldn't trade my Mustang for any of them.

Same here.

#982 8 years ago

"That is it........I will be in my trailer!!! (French accent)

Love some of the humor.

#983 8 years ago

My le has the custom song program installed. I noticed I have seem to have lost some songs...anyone else notice anything odd? For example there was a motley cru song...its now not.accessable.

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

"That is it........I will be in my trailer!!! (French accent)
Love some of the humor.

"I always liked a slow poke". Gets me smiling almost every time, when Daisy calls it out.

#985 8 years ago

Does anyone know the request numbers for the spinner and scoop eject sounds? I spent 15 min going through the sounds but couldn't find them.

#986 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Does anyone know the request numbers for the spinner and scoop eject sounds? I spent 15 min going through the sounds but couldn't find them.

Pro or LE? Though I can't help you with either.

Looking forward to a nice tutorial with a 100 million super jackpot collect on ball 1, then an exploit collect on balls 2 and 3.

#987 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Pro or LE? Though I can't help you with either.
Looking forward to a nice tutorial with a 100 million super jackpot collect on ball 1, then an exploit collect on balls 2 and 3.

Premium actually but I think the media is all in the same place as the LE. You mean 150 million

#988 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

My le has the custom song program installed. I noticed I have seem to have lost some songs...anyone else notice anything odd? For example there was a motley cru song...its now not.accessable.

Never heard of that happening before. Wish I could help.

#989 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Premium actually but I think the media is all in the same place as the LE. You mean 150 million

There's no 3x playfield, so I don't know how that'd be possible. Details?

#990 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Could possibly get 160,000,000 (or 200,000,000 for that matter) by building up Burnout multiball COMBO JACKPOT value and then scoring it while 2X is running.

Damn hard, but possible.

#991 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There's no 3x playfield, so I don't know how that'd be possible.

I've seen 4x at the bonus count at the end of the ball. The Mustang Store Scoop can award 2x. The end of ball bonus has to do with the FORD rollovers at the top.

#992 8 years ago

Could possibly get 160,000,000 (or 200,000,000 for that matter) by building up Burnout multiball COMBO JACKPOT value and then scoring it while 2X is running.
Damn hard, but possible.

But there's no exploit for Burnout Multiball. That I know of, anyhow.

#993 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I've seen 4x at the bonus count at the end of the ball. The Mustang Store Scoop can award 2x. The end of ball bonus has to do with the FORD rollovers at the top.

End of ball bonus = [(# of upgrades x 100K) + 125K] x bonus multiplier

#994 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

But there's no exploit for Burnout Multiball. That I know of, anyhow.

Thought I had gotten 2X during BM in my glass off research for my ruleset. I will recheck and reflect accordingly in next forthcoming version.

#995 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The Super N2O award from the tier 2 mystery car is 3x playfield. The game really does a piss poor job of letting you know what's going on sometimes

#996 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

The Super N2O award from the tier 2 mystery car is 3x playfield. The game really does a piss poor job of letting you know what's going on sometimes

Ah. I think I might have gotten that once. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing you get 3 of them.

#997 8 years ago

Thought I had gotten 2X during BM in my glass off research for my ruleset. I will recheck and reflect accordingly in next forthcoming version.

I'm sure 2x applies to Burnout MB. But this multiball works as it should, unlike GEARS MB under certain repeatable circumstances, and this buggy GEARS MB behavior can be exploited.

#998 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I'm sure 2x applies to Burnout MB. But this multiball works as it should, unlike GEARS MB under certain repeatable circumstances, and this buggy GEARS MB behavior can be exploited.

I've been told that GEARS multiball has a tilt related gear reset bug that can be exploited in tournaments. Is that what you're referring to?

I apparently misunderstood what you meant in your earlier post about there being no exploit for Burnout multiball (thought you were saying that 2X scoring wasn't available during it). So ... you're not disputing that the progressive Burnout COMBO JACKPOT values of 20K, 40K, 60K, 80K, and 100K can each be doubled with 2X scoring right?

Just want to be sure that my understanding of the rules is correct and I'm not missing something.

#999 8 years ago

Relevant...

#1000 8 years ago

RPM FTW!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,158 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.