16107191_10209057972431355_7073679525452775149_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 44.
#51 9 years ago

Where do you find the replacement cars you're putting in your pins? What size is needed?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Where do you find the replacement cars you're putting in your pins? What size is needed?

The large car is made by Maisto 1:24 Scale. The cars are attached using the cars existing mounting holes. Stern says that M3 cars can also be used, but other owners have written that the holes on the M3 cars do not line up. Pre drill and self tapping screws could mount any car.

On the Premium I have, the car model that is on the turntable has been modified by Stern. The doors and hood have been secured shut. Most likely glued shut. The Premium/LE cross ramp blocks airballs from hitting the car.

#53 9 years ago

Finally ordered my Refinery Premium. Has anyone changed out the 1:24 car on a Premium?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
1 week later
#55 9 years ago

I was already a fan of Mustang after playing Hooked's game at the Southern-Fried expo, but tonight I played another hour or so at BumperNets in Birmingham AL. I love this game - fast, fun and friendly. Quite a contrast with TWD, which totally turned me off. Mustang isn't John Trudeau's most "interesting" layout, but it sure is fun to shoot. Nice game, congrats to owners of this fine machine.

#56 9 years ago

I love Mustang, one of my favorite games. I have an LE and its never leaving.

#57 9 years ago

I love my LE No.466. I love every bit of this machine, including each song. It would be great to be able to load 100 songs and pick from the list. One day soon Stern? Please and thank you!!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I love my LE No.466. I love every bit of this machine, including each song. It would be great to be able to load 100 songs and pick from the list. One day soon Stern? Please and thank you!!

If yours is #466 I wonder if that means they have sold 466 LE's.

#59 9 years ago

What do tournament players think of this game? Seems like long ball times could be an issue, but other than that...?

#60 9 years ago

Today at the TN auction I bid and lost on two Mustang LE at 4650 both sold for just over 4700. I was told the one really sold and was not a buyback.

Transformers LE new in box sold for 4100
Mustang out of the box 3400 and another pro new in box sold for 4100

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Today at the TN auction I bid and lost on two Mustang LE at 4650 both sold for just over 4700. I was told the one really sold and was not a buyback.

Dang....some VERY good prices.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

#63 9 years ago

If I ever find LE #351, I think I have to buy it.

I'm still undecided if I would rather have the Premium or the LE. I like all the LE's added gameplay features, but I LOVE the look of the Boss artwork on the premium! Grrr...

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

If I ever find LE #351, I think I have to buy it.
I'm still undecided if I would rather have the Premium or the LE. I like all the LE's added gameplay features, but I LOVE the look of the Boss artwork on the premium! Grrr...

Reskin the cab and bb and swap out the tl....no problemo. You would have a one of a kind game then.

#65 9 years ago

I'd have to make a set like The Hobbit's sideart, being interchangeable and all.

It could be done....

#66 9 years ago

Is there any reason to opt for the LE over the Premium?

Aside from the art, are there any differences? I prefer the look of the Boss Premium as opposed to the LE.

#67 9 years ago

Game play and features are the same on Premium and LE. Premium comes without shaker motor.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I'd have to make a set like The Hobbit's sideart, being interchangeable and all.
It could be done....

and just think how easy it would be compaired to having to repair a banged up cab then re-skin it. Heck, you wouldn't even get your hands dirty...it's a new game. That would make a great topic, I wonder if anyone has ever taken an LE and re-skinned it to a Premium.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is there any reason to opt for the LE over the Premium?
Aside from the art, are there any differences? I prefer the look of the Boss Premium as opposed to the LE.

These are the main differences from the Premium and LE.

LE has shaker motor, powder coated armour, autograph on the playfield, 5 flashers in the back box, and certificate of authenticity. The 3D cabinet art as well.

#70 9 years ago

Do the LE and Premium have the exact same playfield features like the crossover ramp, the spinning car, and whatever else?

I was under the assumption that there were more playfield differences between them than just the artwork and signature.... If not, I see a Boss Premium in my future. There are a lot of '69's all over that thing(I have two '69's currently)!

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Do the LE and Premium have the exact same playfield features like the crossover ramp, the spinning car, and whatever else?
I was under the assumption that there were more playfield differences between them than just the artwork and signature.... If not, I see a Boss Premium in my future. There are a lot of '69's all over that thing(I have two '69's currently)!

The playfield artwork features different year Mustangs (between all 3 models), but the playfield features are exactly the same. So far all Premiums and LEs have shared playfield features...it's the pro that is stripped down. Mustang has continued that, but for the first time features different art.

I also hope to have a Boss in the basement someday, though I wouldn't say no to an LE and might consider a pro if a great deal on one pops up. I love the artwork on all three, but the LE cabinet is definitely my least favorite. The pro cab is gorgeous, but I really like the playfield extras on the prem/LEs. Translites are awesome on all 3...no bad choice there. Boss is probably my favorite total package though.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I also hope to have a Boss in the basement someday, though I wouldn't say no to an LE and might consider a pro if a great deal on one pops up. I love the artwork on all three, but the LE cabinet is definitely my least favorite. The pro cab is gorgeous, but I really like the playfield extras on the prem/LEs. Translites are awesome on all 3...no bad choice there. Boss is probably my favorite total package though.

I feel the exact same way. I'd get a pro if it was stupid cheap, would prefer the premium over the LE, but for the right money, I'd be happy with just about any of them!

#74 9 years ago

...and a '68.

#76 9 years ago

With 351 as part of your Pinside name. I had assumed you had a Mach 1 of some type.

#77 9 years ago

You've seen this one before I think... It's my survivor car I've had for 23 years. Still has it's factory paint, interior, engine, trans, everything and over 200k miles. I need to rebuild the rear end and the power steering pump, but other than that, she's still got a LOT of life in her!

IMG_6396a.jpgIMG_6396a.jpg

My other two are in storage. While they're both waiting on me finding a painter who specializes in classics to do a proper job, I need to swap the C4 in the '69 for the correct FMX. That, and I need to buy a house with at least a three car garage so I have room to reassemble them! That time is quickly approaching.....

#78 9 years ago

You posted the 69 before, VERY nice. What colors are the other two? Are you keeping them stock? I PRAY you are.

#79 9 years ago

My other '69(a GT) will be it's factory color of Acapulco Blue, but the '68 GT/CS I'm changing from Lime Gold to Royal Maroon.

The biggest reason I'm changing the color on the CS is because while Lime Gold can be pretty when done right, I've seen VERY few cars where it's done right. Plus, Lime Gold was the most popular color for CS's in '68. I want something different. Also, Royal Maroon is a "'68-'69 only" color that is also a non-metallic. I've seen too many cars with metallic paint where the paint has "self-destructed" because it wasn't mixed or prepped correctly. I'm just going to avoid all of that and probably make it easier on the painter as well, too.

#80 9 years ago

I see, I just hope you don't go with a clear coat and color. Stick with the original enamel and go for the original factory look.

#81 9 years ago

I'd LOVE to go acrylic enamel, but last time I checked, California has outlawed that kind of paint.

#82 9 years ago

So if ya get in a fender bender and have an enamel paint job what do ya do, paint the whole car because of a banged up fender?

#83 9 years ago

Is this a new call out? The younger voiced woman says 'I have never hated a slow poke!". This happens during the Road Course. I still laugh or smirk when she calls this out.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So if ya get in a fender bender and have an enamel paint job what do ya do, paint the whole car because of a banged up fender?

Pretty much. AE has been outlawed for a LOOONG time now. Probably a couple decades. I had a friend with a GT/CS that had that exact problem. He got t-boned in the passenger door(replaced the door and just straightened out the fender) and had to repaint the whole car because the paint didn't match. It wasn't even close. And it was a Wimbledon White car, not even a metallic color!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Pretty much. AE has been outlawed for a LOOONG time now. Probably a couple decades. I had a friend with a GT/CS that had that exact problem. He got t-boned in the passenger door(replaced the door and just straightened out the fender) and had to repaint the whole car because the paint didn't match. It wasn't even close. And it was a Wimbledon White car, not even a metallic color!

Crap....no way would I live in CA.

#86 9 years ago

I love Minnesota, I just couldn't take the winters. I've got friends and family in Minneapolis, Bemidji, Thief River Falls, Duluth, Slayton, all over the place. I'm usually in the Twin Cities every other year to visit people or to take in a Twins game. Some friends and I went and stayed with some of his cousins in Minneapolis the year they opened Target Field. THAT was a fun trip!

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I love Minnesota, I just couldn't take the winters. I've got friends and family in Minneapolis, Bemidji, Thief River Falls, Duluth, Slayton, all over the place. I'm usually in the Twin Cities every other year to visit people or to take in a Twins game. Some friends and I went and stayed with some of his cousins in Minneapolis the year they opened Target Field. THAT was a fun trip!

Well next time your in town give me a shout and come over for some beer, pins and pizza. I might even have the Mustang done and we could go cruzin.

#88 9 years ago

I now own the pro featured at the beginning of this thread. It has become the game I play nightly with my 7yr old son. It's his current favorite. I get the impression there aren't many Mustangs in Pinsider's hands, but I really recommend this game. The layout is unique compared to recent stern games.

Seeing the "toilet bowl", I stereotyped the game and assumed it would play like Creature. It doesn't at all and the way the bowl is incorporated into the software is fun. Each time the ball makes a revolution, the engine revs. It's a cool effect. I put a shaker in mine and it's well used. The option to "opt out" of a multi-ball and receive higher scoring if you make the next one is also neat.

I suspect this game will gain popularity over time as more people are exposed to it.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I now own the pro featured at the beginning of this thread. It has become the game I play nightly with my 7yr old son. It's his current favorite. I get the impression there aren't many Mustangs in Pinsider's hands, but I really recommend this game. The layout is unique compared to recent stern games.
Seeing the "toilet bowl", I stereotyped the game and assumed it would play like Creature. It doesn't at all and the way the bowl is incorporated into the software is fun. Each time the ball makes a revolution, the engine revs. It's a cool effect. I put a shaker in mine and it's well used. The option to "opt out" of a multi-ball and receive higher scoring if you make the next one is also neat.
I suspect this game will gain popularity over time as more people are exposed to it.

Welcome to the Club. The code update really helped the game come alive, are you planning on modding it? Many don't like it and will never like it just because of the theme, they hate anything Ford. Their loss is our gain.

#90 9 years ago

MN-flipper, the OP did great mods before I got it. He added a great car with a little led dome light. It has speaker lights, backbox led, led police car plus two other cars, custom road signs, tachometer plus customs songs. I added the shaker.

I think a shifter shooter rod handle would look cool. I have considered letting my son pick out a new centerpiece car or two so he can help change it. He loves to "work on pinball with Poppy".

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

MN-flipper, the OP did great mods before I got it. He added a great car with a little led dome light. It has speaker lights, backbox led, led police car plus two other cars, custom road signs, tachometer plus customs songs. I added the shaker.
I think a shifter shooter rod handle would look cool. I have considered letting my son pick out a new centerpiece car or two so he can help change it. He loves to "work on pinball with Poppy".

Oh, you got Jim's game, that's a sweet one, he helped me unbox and set up mine. You should do my SHIFT plastic light up, it really looks great.

IMGA0231.JPGIMGA0231.JPG IMGA0232.JPGIMGA0232.JPG
#92 9 years ago

I like that mod. It does look great.

#93 9 years ago

I just added under apron flashers on my Pro. Not the wimpy 6 led pads but big honker 15 led pads, 5 of them and WOW does LIGHT UP!! Total cost was about $15. I might go with a bigger pad like a 24 in a couple of places but then I'll have to put a red jell over them because they only come in white and then the clear red apron would lose most of it's color. Moddin the pin is almost as fun as moddin my Mustang car. I'm havin fun.

IMGA0376.JPGIMGA0376.JPG IMGA0377.JPGIMGA0377.JPG IMGA0379.JPGIMGA0379.JPG IMGA0381.JPGIMGA0381.JPG
#94 9 years ago

I got the LE earlier this year and it's a great addition to my collection. I understand why most hardcore pinheads don't like the "realistic" theme because it's not fantasy or sci fi. I love anything automotive and the gameplay is fast and fun. It gets the most gameplay from friends when they visit, it's an easy game to jump into and it pops visually. The latest update added some nice rules and made the bowl interactive and part of the car upgrade process in the game. I added the Sparky Pinball screen which came with the famous chase scene from Bullitt. I replaced all the lame car toys with some of my own choosing. I'll post some photos soon.

#95 9 years ago

Here you go...036.JPG036.JPG037.JPG037.JPG038.JPG038.JPG039.JPG039.JPG041.JPG041.JPG042.JPG042.JPG044.JPG044.JPG

#96 9 years ago

very nice!

#97 9 years ago

May I suggest black superbands. They grip the ball really well and help with the shots.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I got the LE earlier this year and it's a great addition to my collection. I understand why most hardcore pinheads don't like the "realistic" theme because it's not fantasy or sci fi. I love anything automotive and the gameplay is fast and fun. It gets the most gameplay from friends when they visit, it's an easy game to jump into and it pops visually. The latest update added some nice rules and made the bowl interactive and part of the car upgrade process in the game. I added the Sparky Pinball screen which came with the famous chase scene from Bullitt. I replaced all the lame car toys with some of my own choosing. I'll post some photos soon.

Good to hear from you.

#99 9 years ago

My Mustang arrived the last weekend.
I am Very happy. Nice Gameplay....

Today i changed the Car for the first time.

Comming soon

MOD from Hooked Pinball
Cars for the Ramps.
Cliffy
Mustang Sign
Some LED
Maybe yellow Plastic Protectors from pinballscore.

Mustang1.jpgMustang1.jpg

#100 9 years ago

I like that car, I was born in 1970. I have seen it on Amazon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.