16107191_10209057972431355_7073679525452775149_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 44.
#901 8 years ago

Here's a video I shot last night. I had an epic ball 1, & then.... well you'll just have to watch.
I'm interested in game play strategies, so feel free to comment on them.

#903 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Here's a video I shot last night. I had an epic ball 1, & then.... well you'll just have to watch.
» YouTube video

GREAT game 182M and change.

#904 8 years ago

Great game. Just noticing the 360 bowl. Is your game pitched high? Only 1 lap. I have mine level using the bubble and the ball does around 8 to 10 laps. Time enough to sip a beer

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I have mine level using the bubble and the ball does around 8 to 10 laps.

Are you sure? Mines set at 6.3 degrees and goes around 3-4 times

#906 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Good game. Several strategies out there but I usually start with Stunt Driver or Rally Race and go for the target bank super skill shot to bump right to 3rd gear. Hopefully I can bump it another couple during play since I try not to go for my first Gears MB until at least 4th or 5th gear. After Stunt I do Rally or vis versa. When I get to 4/5th gear I will go for Road race next and use the MB. I will go for Police Pursuit and use Burnout MB or jump back to Gears MB in 3rd. I wait for a drain to do Drag Race unless I'm having a good game. Usually do Cruisin last so I can do Drift between the two levels of Cruisin then hopefully Silver Ball Stampede.

#907 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Great game. Just noticing the 360 bowl. Is your game pitched high? Only 1 lap. I have mine level using the bubble and the ball does around 8 to 10 laps. Time enough to sip a beer

I had to go back and watch the bowl and yeah that seems odd to drain that fast. Never measured the angle but my bubble is biased toward the steep end but still centered and I get 4-5 laps before it drains.

#908 8 years ago

I would love to have a video cam set-up when I play but I would have to delete a LOT of poor game play between great games

Last night was a great game because I finally broke 400 mil (even if just barely ) but really bummed I missed Silver Ball Stampede by the final two targets in Cruisin round 2
IMG_0221.JPGIMG_0221.JPG

#910 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

GREAT game 182M and change.

Thank you. I was happy. Usually when the camera is rolling I get "tight", & miss shots.

Quoted from pinworthy:

Good game. Several strategies out there but I usually start with Stunt Driver or Rally Race and go for the target bank super skill shot to bump right to 3rd gear. Hopefully I can bump it another couple during play since I try not to go for my first Gears MB until at least 4th or 5th gear. After Stunt I do Rally or vis versa. When I get to 4/5th gear I will go for Road race next and use the MB. I will go for Police Pursuit and use Burnout MB or jump back to Gears MB in 3rd. I wait for a drain to do Drag Race unless I'm having a good game. Usually do Cruisin last so I can do Drift between the two levels of Cruisin then hopefully Silver Ball Stampede.

Perfect! Each gear is like a multiplier, correct?

Quoted from John1210:

I'm glad you mentioned the 360* bowl. The LE I played it would spin 8-10 times, easy. I remember thinking, "I could get a drink if I needed to". The bubble is slightly to the steep side, not sure on the degrees. I'll double check it tonight. Thanks for the tip.

#911 8 years ago

I'm planning to update this doc too with additional info and some corrections as soon as I can get to it.

#912 8 years ago

I can keep my bowl going as long as I want with a light nudge but I shimed and massaged my bowl ramp because I was not satisfied at one or two spins

#913 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Perfect! Each gear is like a multiplier, correct?

With each gear change the jackpot values increase (and obviously the number of balls in MB) with 5th and 6th there are significant amounts to be had with jackpots values (100 mil +) especially if N20 2x is running.
There is a fair amount of risk reward with gears MB and I don't really shoot for the increase (except the super skill shot) most of the time I end up dropping targets with low risk glancing shots not head on. The same reason I shoot for Drag Race off the plunge, not mid game, use the ball saver to your advantage.
The top row races are more challenging and require more targets so using a MB can speed the process (especially a timed mode like Road Course) OR the chaos can screw you over

1 week later
#914 8 years ago

my mustang machine !

10641188_804671886254758_2552937516235666593_n.jpg10641188_804671886254758_2552937516235666593_n.jpg

11026299_804671882921425_5879917687068007735_n.jpg11026299_804671882921425_5879917687068007735_n.jpg

11150773_802802049775075_3773038756347223041_n.jpg11150773_802802049775075_3773038756347223041_n.jpg

#915 8 years ago

Really liking that Mustang Mach 3 on that stainless ramp part. I've always looked at that ramp part as a place to put something.

#916 8 years ago

I tend to over mod my games and add toys.i was was once told my ac/dc looked like an episode of hoarders. Lol I'm not digging your selection but it's your game, have fun with it. I'm sure the same could be said about my games by other people.

#917 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I tend to over mod my games and add toys.i was was once told my ac/dc looked like an episode of hoarders. Lol I'm not digging your selection but it's your game, have fun with it. I'm sure the same could be said about my games by other people.

I always like to put light mods on my games especially Mustang.

#918 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I love a good set of spinners on my Mustang
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#919 8 years ago

Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself to the group as I have taken the plunge and have a nib Boss/Premium being delivered next week. I must say that as of a few weeks ago I wasn't planning on buying any pin, certainly not the Mustang. I grew up in the 70's and 80's loving and playing pinball. As the kids got older and the budget became more available, the Mrs and I talked about having a game room. Soon we will have the empty nest and relocate to a house with the proper space for the game room. We dont have the room yet for a full size game room but our basement is fully finished and is basically our family room. I also have a nice home office down there and that is where my new pin is going.

Before I started researching to buy a machine, I thought that it was difficult to buy a machine for home use and assumed that it was just arcades and bars that could get them. I was lucky enough to stumble upon this site and was pleasantly surprised with the knowledge, the culture and the passion that is in here.

The Mustang was not my first choice, but it will be my first pin. I was looking at Family Guy and AC/DC ( which will probably be my 2nd ). Both great machines with fantastic features but then I saw the Mustang and I started reading all of your posts and my thoughts changed. I am not a car guy, nor do I own a Mustang but I have a 1999 GT Convertible with 17k original miles in the garage. It was my wife's late husbands car and I am lucky enough to maintain and drive it. When I originally told her about buying a pin she was ok but not wowed. Then I showed her the Mustang and her excitement level jumped 100 times. Now the pin is personal, she will never sell that car and I am sure that she will never let me sell the pin either.

So I have you guys to thank for that. I have several other hobbies (motorcycle, guns, photography, skiing) and I take part in the various forums that support them, but nothing has come close to what goes on in here. This is what swayed me to go with the Mustang.

I have already ordered a few mods to start...Hooked's tach and shift plunger, Flipper Fidelity speaker/sub kit and I already downloaded pinball browser. I also ordered a few cars as well... yes , one of them is a silver 99 GT convertible. Very interested in the SmartDMD as well.

Looking forward to learning more and contributing when I can.

#920 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

image.jpeg

Almost a Thumbs Down. That is just sad. But hey, if it makes the owner happy so be it.

#921 8 years ago

This is more Pony like.
4x4-mustang-1.jpg 4x4.jpg4x4-mustang-1.jpg 4x4.jpg

#922 8 years ago
Quoted from Hugg727:

The Mustang was not my first choice, but it will be my first pin.

Not a bad choice, you will enjoy it.
I will join that club some day too...

#923 8 years ago

Darn! Now everybody is buying one. I liked it better when almost everyone hated the game just on theme alone without ever playing it.

#924 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

image.jpeg

Clown car....like at the Circus.

#925 8 years ago
Quoted from Hugg727:

Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself to the group as I have taken the plunge and have a nib Boss/Premium being delivered next week. I must say that as of a few weeks ago I wasn't planning on buying any pin, certainly not the Mustang. I grew up in the 70's and 80's loving and playing pinball. As the kids got older and the budget became more available, the Mrs and I talked about having a game room. Soon we will have the empty nest and relocate to a house with the proper space for the game room. We dont have the room yet for a full size game room but our basement is fully finished and is basically our family room. I also have a nice home office down there and that is where my new pin is going.
Before I started researching to buy a machine, I thought that it was difficult to buy a machine for home use and assumed that it was just arcades and bars that could get them. I was lucky enough to stumble upon this site and was pleasantly surprised with the knowledge, the culture and the passion that is in here.
The Mustang was not my first choice, but it will be my first pin. I was looking at Family Guy and AC/DC ( which will probably be my 2nd ). Both great machines with fantastic features but then I saw the Mustang and I started reading all of your posts and my thoughts changed. I am not a car guy, nor do I own a Mustang but I have a 1999 GT Convertible with 17k original miles in the garage. It was my wife's late husbands car and I am lucky enough to maintain and drive it. When I originally told her about buying a pin she was ok but not wowed. Then I showed her the Mustang and her excitement level jumped 100 times. Now the pin is personal, she will never sell that car and I am sure that she will never let me sell the pin either.
So I have you guys to thank for that. I have several other hobbies (motorcycle, guns, photography, skiing) and I take part in the various forums that support them, but nothing has come close to what goes on in here. This is what swayed me to go with the Mustang.
I have already ordered a few mods to start...Hooked's tach and shift plunger, Flipper Fidelity speaker/sub kit and I already downloaded pinball browser. I also ordered a few cars as well... yes , one of them is a silver 99 GT convertible. Very interested in the SmartDMD as well.

Hey Welcome to the club you made a wise choice, I wish I could have afforded a Boss version but I'm happy with my Pro. Another couple of mods that makes the game look it's best are mirror blades, my leg light-ups, speaker lights with chrome Running Horse insignias and Pinsider "beatmaster" shooter housing light up. Make sure you take pictures of the game ON the truck, being unloaded and ALL sides once down on the ground. Once you sign for it it's yours. Enjoy your first game and let us know how it goes.

#926 8 years ago
Quoted from Hugg727:

I have taken the plunge and have a nib Boss/Premium being delivered next week.

Congratulations - you've made a fine choice! Mustang is a really FUN game and my only regret is that I didn't ignore the negative hype and give it a fair shot sooner than I did.

#927 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Welcome to the club you made a wise choice, I wish I could have afforded a Boss version but I'm happy with my Pro. Another couple of mods that makes the game look it's best are mirror blades, my leg light-ups, speaker lights with chrome Running Horse insignias and Pinsider "beatmaster" shooter housing light up. Make sure you take pictures of the game ON the truck, being unloaded and ALL sides once down on the ground. Once you sign for it it's yours. Enjoy your first game and let us know how it goes.

Thank you everyone, looking forward to learning and modding.

Paul, great advice on the pics on the truck. Where do I find the Beastmaster shooter light up? Havent seen that one yet.

Also, I am very interested in the SmartDMD for the Mustang. I reached out to pinball Mike and he is just too busy to make mods right now. I know that I could build it myself as they have documented the parts and steps nicely, but I just dont have the time. If anyone has done this please let me know. Might be an opp to make a few bucks to build one for me.

#928 8 years ago
Quoted from Hugg727:

Paul, great advice on the pics on the truck. Where do I find the Beastmaster shooter light up? Havent seen that one yet.

What pics on the truck? It's "beatmaster" not beastmaster. Just look him up and see his For Sale post. He's very well known for his mods.

#929 8 years ago

Here's my pimped Mustang

20151005_173446.jpg20151005_173446.jpg

20151005_173513.jpg20151005_173513.jpg

20151005_173649.jpg20151005_173649.jpg

20151005_173602.jpg20151005_173602.jpg

20151005_173541.jpg20151005_173541.jpg

#930 8 years ago

Hugg 727 congrats you made a great choice. I find Mustang to be my most played pin. I find it just plain Fun, Fun, Fun. You can play enjoyable casual games or really knuckle down and try get to the drift mode. It's achievable and lots of fun/ satisfying getting those style points. Not close to Silverball Stampede yet but I keep trying.

#931 8 years ago

LOL, can't make this stuff up

Quoted from MustangPaul:

... Make sure you take pictures of the game ON the truck, being unloaded and ALL sides once down on the ground. ....

Quoted from Hugg727:

Paul, great advice on the pics on the truck. ...,

Quoted from MustangPaul:

What pics on the truck? ....

#933 8 years ago
Quoted from Hugg727:

Great story! Welcome to pinside.com & the Mustang club! Tons of great people on here & lots of good advice (vids guides). Have fun & post pics when it arrives.
Zamp

#934 8 years ago

GAP where did you get the speaker lights? My LE lights are just lacking.
I could mod it but would rather have plug and play lights there.

BTW - great looking game. Prem is my favorite playfield version of the three versions.

#935 8 years ago

GAP, that is gorgeous....the yellow just makes everything POP!

Thanks guys for the welcoming comments.

Annnnndd now for my first dumb question.........

Cliffys? Is that the shooter/eject protector mod??? What about the switch protector for our machine? Or when we say "Cliffys" do we mean both?

Thanks

#936 8 years ago

I don't know if this was covered somewhere in this thread before, but can the original factory music and call outs be restored to the game after being changed to something else?

Is there another 2 ball multiball in the drag race mode? It seems like after I got the first multiball and then drained a ball, a different animation appeared on the dmd and another 'drag race type' multiball started? Not sure what seemed to trigger it...
Or maybe I had more beers then I thought?

#937 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I don't know if this was covered somewhere in this thread before, but can the original factory music and call outs be restored to the game after being changed to something else?

Very easily. Getting any set of songs and callouts (including factory stock) is just a question of loading the code via USB.

Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Is there another 2 ball multiball in the drag race mode? It seems like after I got the first multiball and then drained a ball, a different animation appeared on the dmd and another 'drag race type' multiball started? Not sure what seemed to trigger it...
Or maybe I had more beers then I thought?

Burnout multiball is a 3-ball multiball, but maybe that's what you're talking about. Did it start by you shooting the Mustang Store scoop?

#938 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Very easily. Getting any set of songs and callouts (including factory stock) is just a question of loading the code via USB.

Ok, so just reload the ver1.40 code, that would restore all the original songs when I want to return the machine to stock? Thanks!

Quoted from stevevt:

Burnout multiball is a 3-ball multiball, but maybe that's what you're talking about. Did it start by you shooting the Mustang Store scoop?

The Dmd showed an animation of 2 cars lining up to drag race with the title of something like 'Daisy vs Ford'. It wasn't Burnout multiball. When I usually get Drag race multiball, it yells it out and displays Drag Race Multiball on the Dmd. I had already completed that and hadn't closed out the mode, when this other animation and 2 ball multiball started up. I don't recall what exactly started it. I guess I've seen this a couple of times now, I hadn't really paid attention to it till last night....
After I drained one of the 2 balls after this multiball, I shot the scoop to get to the next selectable mode.

#939 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

The Dmd showed an animation of 2 cars lining up to drag race with the title of something like 'Daisy vs Ford'. It wasn't Burnout multiball.

I think this might be Mustang multiball, which you get by spelling MUSTANG on the lower backbox, then start at the scoop. It's a 3-ball multiball, though, I'm pretty sure.

#940 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The Dmd showed an animation of 2 cars lining up to drag race with the title of something like 'Daisy vs Ford'. It wasn't Burnout multiball. When I usually get Drag race multiball, it yells it out and displays Drag Race Multiball on the Dmd. I had already completed that and hadn't closed out the mode, when this other animation and 2 ball multiball started up. I don't recall what exactly started it. I guess I've seen this a couple of times now, I hadn't really paid attention to it till last night....
After I drained one of the 2 balls after this multiball, I shot the scoop to get to the next selectable mode.

I have never seen this on a Pro, I wonder if the Premium has something similar to an "add-a-ball" associated with the Power shift feature. The other possibility is a bug, but I have never heard of it before.

Quoted from stevevt:

I think this might be Mustang multiball, which you get by spelling MUSTANG on the lower backbox, then start at the scoop. It's a 3-ball multiball, though, I'm pretty sure.

Nope, not Mustang Multi-ball, it has an obvious call-out and DMD animation but you are correct that it would be a 3-ball MB if it were.

#941 8 years ago

I've got an LE model. I went and played some more Drag race modes to look at the animation. The extra mode that I had, in the animation sequence, showed two cars pulling up side by side (side view) to a dragstrip christmas tree and then starting the race as another ball dropped in for a 2 ball multiball. As the cars pulled up in the animation, it said something like 'Daisy vs Ford'... A side note, I think I hit the complete GEARS target bank a few times when the first multiball was running.

Maybe some other owners have had this pop up as well? I'm running ver1.40...

Interesting anyways, I'll definitely be looking for this again!

#942 8 years ago

"Premium" meaning not a pro, the Premium and LE don't differ in regard to the drop targets/power shift.

It would be interesting to pull the glass and test it manually to see if completing the drop targets enough times during GS MB would cause a "second" MB. I'm going to try on my pro tonight.

#943 8 years ago

Hello All,

Below is what I posted in a thread about mods on Mustang and didn't get any responses; I think that thread may be dead

Can anyone please provide insight so I can order my 1:64 cars and any other accessories I may need?

Thanks!

Hello fellow Mustang fanatics! I just got a Pro not too long and am ready to start doing a few mods. The first thing I would like to do is add the 1:64 cars to the ramps. I saw where someone said the flat plastic mounts and screws are in the goodie bad, props for letting everyone know.
I have come up with a few questions:
1.) Do I have to buy the plastic spacers, are they in the goodie bag also, or are they even needed? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3156
2.) I looked at Maisto's current online catalog and only saw a few 1:64 cars. Are we limited to only Maisto models or are people pretty much using whatever brand they want and if so how do other brands mount
3.) Does anyone know if there are any 1:64 1987-1993 Fox-body Mustangs out there besides the police ones? I saw one in Maisto's catalog, but I think you have to buy the whole 12pc All-star set to get it?
4.) I would also like to add a 1:64 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra since I owned one, and miss it! Does anyone know if anyone makes one of those in 1:64?
Thanks in advance!

#944 8 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Hello All,
Below is what I posted in a thread about mods on Mustang and didn't get any responses; I think that thread may be dead
Can anyone please provide insight so I can order my 1:64 cars and any other accessories I may need?
Thanks!
Hello fellow Mustang fanatics! I just got a Pro not too long and am ready to start doing a few mods. The first thing I would like to do is add the 1:64 cars to the ramps. I saw where someone said the flat plastic mounts and screws are in the goodie bad, props for letting everyone know.
I have come up with a few questions:
1.) Do I have to buy the plastic spacers, are they in the goodie bag also, or are they even needed? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3156
2.) I looked at Maisto's current online catalog and only saw a few 1:64 cars. Are we limited to only Maisto models or are people pretty much using whatever brand they want and if so how do other brands mount
3.) Does anyone know if there are any 1:64 1987-1993 Fox-body Mustangs out there besides the police ones? I saw one in Maisto's catalog, but I think you have to buy the whole 12pc All-star set to get it?
4.) I would also like to add a 1:64 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra since I owned one, and miss it! Does anyone know if anyone makes one of those in 1:64?
Thanks in advance!

I can't offer any info regarding what mounting parts come with a Pro as I have an LE, but I can recommend going with a slightly larger 1:43 scale Mustang by Greenlight such as this one:

ebay.com link: GREENLIGHT 86431 BULLITT STEVE MCQUEEN 1968 68 FORD MUSTANG GT 1 43 Scale GREEN

I replaced the two Maisto 1:64 cars that came with my game with a couple of 1:43 Greenlight Mustangs as they have much greater detail and still fit well on the ramp returns. I needed to glue a small rubber ring under each on the platforms provided in order to raise the wheels high enough. I don't have any photos of them that I can post at the moment, but I previously posted some a couple of months or so ago in this thread if interested.

Greenlight also makes a wider range of 1:64 cars (if you want to stick with that size) which I think look better than the Maisto cars as the latter are rather bland IMHO. You should be able to mount most any brand of car - it just may require drilling some new holes in the cars you choose. A "Mustang" search on eBay by scale will bring up lots of options.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

#945 8 years ago

For the 1:64 fox body cars look up JL cars on ebay there are a lot of the hatch versions out now. You will have to mod the bases with spacers. I also put a boss hoss matchbox on my pro.

#946 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

ebay.com link » Greenlight 86431 Bullitt Steve Mcqueen 1968 68 Ford Mustang Gt 1 43 Scale Green

Greenlight also makes a wider range of 1:64 cars (if you want to stick with that size) which I think look better than the Maisto cars as the latter are rather bland IMHO.

Thanks for the link and suggestion. I just looked this up and the car looks great and will go with the 1968 Mustang Stunt Driver Mode perfectly!

Thanks again!

1 month later
#947 8 years ago

FYI for current or future Mustang Club members: I just updated my previously posted Mustang rules & info doc and a pdf link can be found at the start of this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/draft-mustang-rules-set-check-em-out#post-2880353

Happy New Year!

#948 8 years ago

All you diehard Mustang fans....Valve covers are in the works and we are upping the displacement.
Testing on boost gauge is going well just waiting on art.
Fun stuff coming to the Hookedonpinball.com speed shop.

#949 8 years ago

GREAT news, my game needs a boost gauge.

#950 8 years ago

I'm in for both. Love your stuff Hooked . Glad you are doing more mustang stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.