IMGA0463.JPG
IMGA0459.JPG
IMGA0200.JPG
IMGA0232.JPG
IMGA0231.JPG
M 7.JPG
M 2.JPG
M 5.JPG
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

Disclaimer: Ok...so I have had my Mustang Pro for about a week with maybe 50 games played. And i realize I am still in the "honeymoon stage". With that said....this is one fun and different playing Stern game! IMO, The layout is unlike any of my other Stern games. It is fast with an outstanding flow! Shots are plentiful! Very cool ramp which diverts ball in 3 different directions depending on gameplay. Unique "Multi ball" option(play now or save for later). Beautiful LED lit playfield. I could go on and on. Traded an X-men LE...thats right and LE for a NIB Mustang Pro 50th Edition and I could not be more pleased. If you have not played one do yourself a favor and give it a ride! Best, Charlie

#2 9 years ago

I love it when a game I get surprises me with how much I end up liking it. Congrats!!

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I love it when a game I get surprises me with how much I end up liking it. Congrats!!

Thanks bro!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That's where I'm at with Rolling Stones LE! A game everyone loves to make fun of...but it's pretty much all I'm playing lately!

#5 9 years ago

I wish there was one around here I could play. I think I would like Mustang too.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's where I'm at with Rolling Stones LE! A game everyone loves to make fun of...but it's pretty much all I'm playing lately!

Understand bro!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I wish there was one around here I could play. I think I would like Mustang too.

You will be impressed.

#8 9 years ago

Congrats - enjoy the game !!! It's a winner

#9 9 years ago

Mine is on the way!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Mine is on the way!

Yes from spins my bro in Florida! Top notch/first class seller!!!!

#11 9 years ago

That's awesome!!! I agree Mustang is great game!!!!

#12 9 years ago

Best pro game they have done in awhile and it is way better then Twd

#13 9 years ago

I played a Premium for the first time last Sunday and that was another suprise of how well it played!

#14 9 years ago

I bought my NIB Pro on theme alone (gee I wonder why) and couldn't be more pleased and have had a blast turning it into a pro/le. It's a keeper till the money is needed to bury me.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Best pro game they have done in awhile and it is way better then Twd

Best Avatar pic EVER! "Let's kick it"!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I bought my NIB Pro on theme alone (gee I wonder why) and couldn't be more pleased and have had a blast turning it into a pro/le. It's a keeper till the money is needed to bury me.

Hey Mustang Paul, isn't that a C3 Vette in your Avatar? Nobody can like Fords and Chevys can they? Like nobody can like video games and pinball right...has to be one or the other! Just kidding....looks like a sweet Vette actually. What year is it? So how do you turn a Mustang Pro into an LE? Got any pics you could post?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I'm pretty sure I would like it too. Would especially love to see an LE but I sort of doubt that will happen. For some reason Ops in my area seem to have passed on Mustang.

#18 9 years ago

Pro is the way to go with STANG it is a killer pro; I miss mine; I probably even miss it more then my metallica

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Hey Mustang Paul, isn't that a C3 Vette in your Avatar? Nobody can like Fords and Chevys can they? Like nobody can like video games and pinball right...has to be one or the other! Just kidding....looks like a sweet Vette actually. What year is it?

1970 Sportsroof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-mustang-pin-owners-also-have-the-car#post-2147098

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Hey Mustang Paul, isn't that a C3 Vette in your Avatar? Nobody can like Fords and Chevys can they? Like nobody can like video games and pinball right...has to be one or the other! Just kidding....looks like a sweet Vette actually. What year is it? So how do you turn a Mustang Pro into an LE? Got any pics you could post?

Your kidding right. That's my 1970 Mustang, it's a street/road race hybred. Don't feel bad, MANY people don't know what kind of car it is and when I tell them they are shocked, get a big smile on their face and start asking questions. Makes it tough to even buy gas at times.

All candy red powder coated armor, mirror blades, red transparent apron with 15 and 24 led pads under it not the skimpy 6 led pads and many of my own light mods.

Thanks Razorbak.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Yes from sepins my bro in Florida! Top notch/first class seller!!!!

Thanks!

Mustang is a great pin. Grats on getting a 50th anniversary version!

#22 9 years ago

It was the biggest surprise for me at Expo.......loved it.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

It was the biggest surprise for me at Expo.......loved it.

Same here. I've kind of wanted an LE ever since playing it at Expo. It's a fun game.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your kidding right. That's my 1970 Mustang, it's a street/road race hybred. Don't feel bad, MANY people don't know what kind of car it is and when I tell them they are shocked, get a big smile on their face and start asking questions. Makes it tough to even buy gas at times.
All candy red powder coated armor, mirror blades, red transparent apron with 15 and 24 led pads under it not the skimpy 6 led pads and many of my own light mods.
Thanks Razorbak.

In PlayPin's defense, it's really hard to tell what kind of car it is from the avatar picture; at first I thought it was a Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am! LOL Thanks for posting the link to your car- sweet Mustang! What engine is in it?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

In PlayPin's defense, it's really hard to tell what kind of car it is from the Avatar picture; at first I thought it was a Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am! LOL Thanks for posting the link to your car- sweet Mustang! What engine is in it?

Oh, I always thought you could enlarge an avatar picture but I guess you can't cuz I just tried it. Sorry. It's the Mexican block 302, bored and stroked to 306, 445hp at 7200rpm. If it had any more I'd probably get in trouble on the street. All HD drivetrain and suspension for racing so it's a hand full to drive at slow speeds.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OOPs, actually no I wasn't kidding. In that tiny Avatar pic I could have sworn in was a C3(1970's) Vette of some kind. I checked out your link, that it one hot looking Mustang. Love the flares and the black out stuff you did to it.

Quoted from pindude80:

In PlayPin's defense, it's really hard to tell what kind of car it is from the Avatar picture; at first I thought it was a Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am! LOL Thanks for posting the link to your car- sweet Mustang! What engine is in it?

Thanks Pindude80, like you said I got fooled by that small pic. Does not do the car justice.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

OOPs, actually no I wasn't kidding. In that tiny Avatar pic I could have sworn in was a C3(1970's) Vette of some kind. I checked out your link, that it one hot looking Mustang. Love the flares and the black out stuff you did to it.

Thanks Pindude80, like you said I got fooled by that small pic. Does not do the car justice.

Yeah my bad. Those pictures were taken in 1989, it's at the body shop now so here's what it looks like now.

M 5.JPGM 5.JPG M 2.JPGM 2.JPG M 7.JPGM 7.JPG
#28 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh, I always thought you could enlarge an Avatar picture but I guess you can't cuz I just tried it. Sorry. It's the Mexican block 302, bored and stroked to 306, 445hp at 7200rpm. If it had any more I'd probably get in trouble on the street. All HD drivetrain and suspension for racing so it's a hand full to drive at slow speeds.

There's a car in your Avatar? Just noticed it now for the first time...

Kidding - don't ever change it, that's a great pic.

Memories... seems like yesterday then suddenly 20 - 30 years go by... how did that happen?

#29 9 years ago

I take it she is going through a restoration/repaint for some reason? Hope you are staying with black because that looked Bad A_ _!

#30 9 years ago

Yeah new frame and sheet metal and more reinforcing in critical spots, new rear glass flairs with working brake scoops, new metal front flairs, all new modern wiring, racing fuel cell and plumbing and all kinds of other stuff. My bodyman says he has the "blackest black on the planet" going on it....we'll see. I still have the same tires and wheels, I just love the looks of them with the black paint.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

There's a car in your Avatar? Just noticed it now for the first time...
Kidding - don't ever change it, that's a great pic.
Memories... seems like yesterday then suddenly 20 - 30 years go by... how did that happen?

I hear ya.

#32 9 years ago

Remember when you are working in the garage with wrenches put on ZZ Top's first album from 1970:

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Remember when you are working in the garage with wenches put on ZZ Top's first album from 1970:
» YouTube video

Nope, wasn't into ZZ back then.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

The inboard headlights told me it was a 70 stand. Then again looking on my iPad probably helps better than had I been on my iPhone.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah my bad. Those pictures were taken in 1989, it's at the body shop now so here's what it looks like now.

M 5.JPG 91 KB

M 2.JPG 123 KB

M 7.JPG 155 KB

Is that a F40 body kit from a Fiero?

Just busting balls.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

he inboard headlights told me it was a 70 stand. Then again looking on my iPad probably helps better than had I been on my iPhone.

Yeah the inboard headlights and the two slots on the fender end cap are very distinctive. Avatars are not ment to be seen on an iPhone, funny you can even read the text.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Is that a F40 body kit from from a Fiero?
Just busting balls.

Now THATS funny. I gotta tell my bodyman that one.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Paul, have you added 1.64 cars to the ramps? Or has anyone else? How did you mount if so?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Thanks!
Mustang is a great pin. Grats on getting a 50th anniversary version!

Thank you! Might have to stop over and play that LE of yours one of these days!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Paul, have you added 1.64 cars to the ramps? Or has anyone else? How did you mount if so?

I think my Premium came with them on ramps?

If You come by to play Premium You may wind up where I was at...On the hunt for a Boss and selling Pro...LOL

I know a few Ford execs have Prem and LE so I'll check out the scene when I go to Dealer Convention next week. A lot of non-pin peeps buy 'em and then hate 'em...LOL

Come by anytime but weekends are best because we golf everyday during week.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

No, I really don't care for the look of them on the game. I prefer to add things to the pf that do something.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I know a few Ford execs have Prem and LE so I'll check out the scene when I go to Dealer Convention next week.

Please post what they say about the game, they may have an understanding of how many and where the games are.....maybe.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Please post what they say about the game, they may have an understanding of how many and where the games are.....maybe.

Execs really don't know where games are other than amongst themselves. Most would have purchased from Ford Collection but according to them not a lot!

Think some might have bought elsewhere to be low profile on purchase.

Taking my translite from Number 1 to be signed by a few execs.

#44 9 years ago

I really liked it too. Not sure if I would spring the extra bucks for the LE but I think the artwork on the Premium is just horrible.

#45 9 years ago

We mounted the 1/64 cars on my pro, and the mounting plastics are in the goodie bag. I was on the fence about doing it until we had a brainstorm and looked thru the grandsons Hot Wheel/Matchbox (etc.) collection and found some Mustangs. It was a fun project to do with him and we added a couple of spotlights to illuminate them.

I've had Mustang since it came out, and still really enjoy playing it. It's been interesting (to me) to see how the code has evolved since the beginning. I feel that it's pretty complete. Sure, there are a few little bugs, but it isn't a big deal to me.

I really like the strategy and different ways you can focus on playing it.
- Go for completing the modes.
- Try to get to 6 ball multiball (not as easy as it sounds).
- Partially complete the modes to get to Drift mode
- I keep mine set on Tournament mode so you have to start at the beginning to spell Mustang.
- Burnout Multiball and Mystery Car are really cool additions to the latest code
- etc, etc... It's just a fun game to play.

I've also changed songs and have a couple of different ones saved. I just completed an all Motorhead update that's a lot of fun!!

#46 9 years ago

Mustang is one of the sickest games stern has ever put out; it really is fun to play

#47 9 years ago

I havn't put my 50 games in, so I can't say totally if it's good or sucky. But it is getting better, the more of them I play. hated it at first, but it's coming along. Just wish it looked better. Very minimal looking overall. Reminds me of the IM, RS and BBH era of Stern.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Execs really don't know where games are other than amongst themselves. Most would have purchased from Ford Collection but according to them not a lot!
Think some might have bought elsewhere to be low profile on purchase.
Taking my translite from Number 1 to be signed by a few execs.

Those guys hear a lot so ya never know. Maybe you could get a buzz going because it is related to a top selling car model.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

We mounted the 1/64 cars on my pro, and the mounting plastics are in the goodie bag. I was on the fence about doing it until we had a brainstorm and looked thru the grandsons Hot Wheel/Matchbox (etc.) collection and found some Mustangs. It was a fun project to do with him and we added a couple of spotlights to illuminate them.
I've had Mustang since it came out, and still really enjoy playing it. It's been interesting (to me) to see how the code has evolved since the beginning. I feel that it's pretty complete. Sure, there are a few little bugs, but it isn't a big deal to me.
I really like the strategy and different ways you can focus on playing it.
- Go for completing the modes.
- Try to get to 6 ball multiball (not as easy as it sounds).
- Partially complete the modes to get to Drift mode
- I keep mine set on Tournament mode so you have to start at the beginning to spell Mustang.
- Burnout Multiball and Mystery Car are really cool additions to the latest code
- etc, etc... It's just a fun game to play.
I've also changed songs and have a couple of different ones saved. I just completed an all Motorhead update that's a lot of fun!!

and it has a spinner too.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and it has a spinner too.

Oh yes!

The Tach mod connected to the spinner is cool, but I connected mine to the bowl switch and it bounces nicely with the engine rev sounds. I wish the spinner had a screamin' engine sound!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pro-wow-this-is-a-surprise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.