(Topic ID: 86226)

Mustang Pro is in the B_R GRG !! 4-Sale Soon ...

By BLACK_ROSE

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gerry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-581.jpg
Tripod 004.JPG
Tripod 001.JPG
field-tripod-46lar.jpg
IMG_0375.JPG
IMG_0376.JPG
Mustang Pro 012.JPG
FF Big 10 Inch.jpg
Mustang Pro 046.JPG
Mustang Pro 043.JPG
Mustang Pro 015.JPG
Mustang Pro 042.JPG
Mustang Pro 040.JPG
Mustang Pro 039.JPG
Mustang Pro 035.JPG
Mustang Pro 029.JPG
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Well my Iron Man deal fell thru so i set my sight's on the Mustang series .. After play-n The Banker's Pro Sunday i knew I had to Try 1 for myself .. The video's and Pict's of the Pin Doesn't do it Justice until you See & Play it ..

I've probably got 20 games played so far and i can't give an Accurate rating but i will say I like it .. The 4 Pop's are Very active , the captive ball if hit Hard enough will circle thru Donut Time . I just noticed that this morning .. I have a shaker & chrome Mirror Blades installed ( the Blades made it lOOk so Much Better ,, Thanks to CoinTaker ) the shaker is Alway's a + , but there Needs to be More action w/ the shaker , would be Great if the shaker interacted w/ the Pop's etc .. The Stang on mine is a 67 Fastback GT 289 , I saw a video w/ a Silver model ( not sure what year ) but it can be removed and replaced w/ another .. The songs, hmm, I'd like to change 2 of them , I'll wait & see what other Owner's will do . I plan on keep-n this Pin for a while , at least until a New code or 2 is introduced , then i'll probably Trade it for a Pin or 2 ( maybe ) , Ya'll know me !!

Here's a Few Pict's , I'll get a video out later today .. If anyone has a Mustang Pin w/ a different car , Post some Pict's of your's ..

Mustang Pro 001.JPGMustang Pro 001.JPG
Mustang Pro 004.JPGMustang Pro 004.JPG
Mustang Pro 012.JPGMustang Pro 012.JPG
Mustang Pro 015.JPGMustang Pro 015.JPG
Mustang Pro 015-477.JPGMustang Pro 015-477.JPG
Mustang Pro 020.JPGMustang Pro 020.JPG
Mustang Pro 021.JPGMustang Pro 021.JPG
Mustang Pro 022.JPGMustang Pro 022.JPG
Mustang Pro 023.JPGMustang Pro 023.JPG
Mustang Pro 024.JPGMustang Pro 024.JPG
Mustang Pro 029.JPGMustang Pro 029.JPG
Mustang Pro 035.JPGMustang Pro 035.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Sweet pin!
It really surprised me at TPF.

Question did you get to pick the car before or is it a surprise when you open the box?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Question did you get to pick the car before or is it a surprise when you open the box?

It was a Surprise !! I would like to say I'm Glad that Stern is continuing to Slant the speaker panel like they did on ST , Hardly NO Glare now on the p/f glass from the display .. Thumb's up to Stern

#4 10 years ago

I know there is new code for it, but it's not been made publicly available yet. The vendors and tourney area of TPF had newer code than 1.01. You may want to inquire with your distributor or Stern.

It's an interesting pin, and fast-playing -- because the ramp is in the "up" position where it acts like an orbit probably more than 50% of the time. So EVERY shot on the game other than the scoop is coming right back at you!

And there's good scoring balance between the multiballs and single-ball modes --- the single ball modes were typically worth more than your average multiball that I saw.

Plus, the regular Gear Shift multiball is dangerous to get to, and you have the choice to go for higher gears for bigger jackpots and more balls in your multiball. Always nice to have choices!

My biggest complaints thus far:
- The call outs are way too cheesy for my taste, and most made me grimace instead of laugh. Although I do like the references to some older pins mixed in!

- During single ball play, when the ramp is in the "both down" position to send the ball all the way around to the "cup" near the right flipper, it really slows down the game, and the "spins" don't award anything of significance. I'm hoping future code revs do more to utilize the cup better.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

The call outs are way too cheesy for my taste,

I agree in a way ,, maybe Stern will change a few of those , also the Right lowest circular spin , they Need to give that some attention , maybe better point's , shaker action ( Something ) New Pin - 1st code -
I'm Sure Good thing's R 2 come with Mustang

#6 10 years ago

I gotta say B_R, that pic of the playfield (Mustang Pro 015 I think it is) is one of the nicest pin pics I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful shot.

Congrats on the sweet car model too...can't complain about a '67 fastback! Much nicer than a few of them I've seen. I like that it's a surprise but you can also swap it out if you don't like what you get. Pretty cool.

Can't wait to finally play one of these at MGC!

#7 10 years ago

We have v1.11 code on the one we got here on Friday. The lower right bowl only awards 2,000 per switch hit and plays an engine rev sound effect so it definitely needs attention still. I'm sure that's coming.

#8 10 years ago

Dang, the blades look REALLY good on that game!

#9 10 years ago

My plan is to scrape together the cash and get a Mustang premium, then swap a 1:24 scale '08 GT500 (already picked one up, but unfortunately its red with white stripes instead of red with black stripes like my own Shelby) for the '12 Boss 302 model that comes with the premium. I was planning on adding a shaker (sorry to hear that it is under-utilized on the game) but hadn't thought about mirror blades. The mirror blades on yours look good! I got to play a Mustang pro last saturday and I liked the songs I heard but thought the call-outs they had Tanner Faust record were pathetic.

#10 10 years ago

Congrats.

I think I liked the donut captive ball the best. Cool design feature.

I will have to play one locally but do not think I would own it. Just not high enough on my theme list.

Enjoy

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I was planning on adding a shaker (sorry to hear that it is under-utilized on the game) but hadn't thought about mirror blades. The mirror blades on yours look good!

The shaker goes off during the game play ,, just Not as much as i'd like .. Stern will probably incorporate more shaker action on the next game code .. Blindvoyeur is planning to start production on his Custom shakers . More intensive than the shaker's that are on the Market now and Much Cheeper .. I want yr 2nd Shaker B_V !!

Last-nite I spelled " MUSTANG " I have No idea How , but I went into a multi-ball mode that was Very Cool .. A totally different song too.. I just look'd , I have 19 games played , so i have Alot to learn about this Pin ..

#12 10 years ago

The game definitely looks better in person. I enjoyed playing it at TPF, but the ramp being up most of the time made it a bit uninteresting. Oh....the ball is in the pops again.

#13 10 years ago

I need to read the manual , in Ford adjustments Pt 2 ,, there's settings to change the ramp and other Features that i don't understand till i read up on it .. An adjustment for Sling- shot Power is Cool , like the feature on WOZ

#14 10 years ago

It certainly has the looks of a great pin. Still haven't played one, so I can't really say for sure how I feel.

#15 10 years ago

Man, it's really a nice looking pin. Like Luci, this game is looking a lot better from "in the wild" pics than it was from the promo shots.

#16 10 years ago

Cool new game, B_R. Thanks for the lQQk

#17 10 years ago

congrats BR!

#18 10 years ago

Looking good, B_R! If you're around later this week, I'd like to swing by and give it a test drive!

#19 10 years ago

Here's a lOOk C behind the Trans ,, Alot Less boards than other Sterns .. I have a 110w External Sub-woofer tied into the Lower cab- speaker ,, this joker throw's out the Bass ,, Rattles my Garage door .. I dropped the Music volume down to -20 and Speech up to +8 .. It's weird how that work's .. I have a 3-piece Flipper Fidelity Kit on the way , that Will wake this Pin up as well ..

Thank's to Pinballlooking , here's a song i might add in Mustang .. " Radar Love "

Mustang Pro 039.JPGMustang Pro 039.JPG
Mustang Pro 040.JPGMustang Pro 040.JPG
Mustang Pro 042.JPGMustang Pro 042.JPG

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I gotta say B_R, that pic of the playfield (Mustang Pro 015 I think it is) is one of the nicest pin pics I've ever seen. Absolutely beautiful shot.
Congrats on the sweet car model too...can't complain about a '67 fastback! Much nicer than a few of them I've seen. I like that it's a surprise but you can also swap it out if you don't like what you get. Pretty cool.
Can't wait to finally play one of these at MGC!

+1 on that amazing PF pic!!

#21 10 years ago

I so can't wait to see what you do to this pin as I know you can't stop with just a couple of mods. Can I place dibs on it when you go to sell it if you don't sell just local? I gotta build up the funds so it will all depend on timing of when you sell on if I have the cash but if I know you like I think I do it will be a killer Pro when it comes time to sell it

#22 10 years ago

Back by Popular demand ..

Mustang Pro 015.JPGMustang Pro 015.JPG
#23 10 years ago

You know what mod you need to work on for this. Gotta find a way to put some headlights and taillights in the models. Headlights would be fairly easy but the taillights might be a challenge.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can I place dibs on it when you go to sell it if you don't sell just local?

Yr the 1st to ask ( but ) I plan on taking it to RKF's Bash ( benefit for Python ) Sat- the 12th , If i do anything I'll Probably Trade it when the Tyme comes ( Local ) for what-ever ,, I'd like a DM again BR etc ... list goes on 2 or 3 for 1

I Plan on scoring an IM sometyme soon , If i do MUSTANG will be sold and I'm gonna Retire for a bit ( Not )

#25 10 years ago

It does actually look better in your pics than in the promo pics. I like the pop caps. How much does the car block the view?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

How much does the car block the view?

I didn't know there was a 4th Pop till i lOOk'd , The car isn't N the way to bad ..

Quoted from 85vett:

Gotta find a way to put some headlights and taillights in the models. Headlights would be fairly easy but the taillights might be a challenge.

Blindvoyeur brought me a Police car mod for my HS2 last-nite that he mod'd out .. headlight's , tail-light's , Red, White & Blue Police bar All light up & Flash ( 12v ) wires into the Beacon light ,,
so the Mustang Can be mod'd ..

Mustang Pro 043.JPGMustang Pro 043.JPG

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Back by Popular demand ..
» YouTube video Mustang Pro 015.JPG 330 KB

That pic looks like a shot of the stage of The Price Is Right during filming.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I like the pop caps. How much does the car block the view?

Here ya go .... short but Sweet !!

#29 10 years ago

Nice one B_R! Sure looks gorgeous with them blades..

#30 10 years ago

I think there is just one problem. There are no bulbs to change to LEDs. You are going to miss out on all the fun.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Last-nite I spelled " MUSTANG " I have No idea How , but I went into a multi-ball mode that was Very Cool ..

I believe in another thread someone talked to one of the programmers and the letters are tied to the spinner.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I think there is just one problem. There are no bulbs to change to LEDs. You are going to miss out on all the fun.

Lol ,, I told Melisa @ CoinTaker the Same thing , Even All the Flasher's are 8 Led Flat top's .. The 2 bulb's for the coin slots have Double Leds installed .. I'll change something

Quoted from Aurich:

I believe in another thread someone talked to one of the programmers and the letters are tied to the spinner.

Interesting ,, I'll check on that .. Thanxx for the Tip

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Lol ,, I told Melisa @ CoinTaker the Same thing , Even All the Flasher's are 8 Led Flat top's .. The 2 bulb's for the coin slots have Double Leds installed .. I'll change something

Interesting ,, I'll check on that .. Thanxx for the Tip

On my Mustang the coin slots have regular bulbs in them. I am almost certain The Bankers had regular bulbs too.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Coin door. I figured its where Stern is gonna put all the old bulbs until supply is gone.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

On my Mustang the coin slots have regular bulbs in them. I am almost certain The Bankers had regular bulbs too

Maybe Stern ran out when Your's & Banker's rolled down to the Led Station ..
2 Double Leds like in the GI's

Mustang Pro 046.JPGMustang Pro 046.JPG

#36 10 years ago

If I could figure out how to put ''Civil War'' by GN'R in this pin, I would be all over it.
Congrats on the pick up! Looks slick

#37 10 years ago

Lookin Good B_R. Can't wait to play one myself

#38 10 years ago

Color match the inserts? My ST Pro had all LED to but I went through and change a few to color match the inserts that I wanted a fuller color with. I'm also going to change out some of the GI lights to. Gives you something to do at least.

#39 10 years ago

I will pickup the Blades from you tomorrow!

#40 10 years ago

Looks good B_R. Im out of town this week. Maybe a lunch break next week.

#41 10 years ago

Great looking game! I love all of the pictures and the video too as I have not had the opportunity to play one yet in person.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Here's a lOOk C behind the Trans ,, Alot Less boards than other Sterns .. I have a 110w External Sub-woofer tied into the Lower cab- speaker ,, this joker throw's out the Bass ,, Rattles my Garage door .. I dropped the Music volume down to -20 and Speech up to +8 .. It's weird how that work's .. I have a 3-piece Flipper Fidelity Kit on the way , that Will wake this Pin up as well ..
Thank's to Pinballlooking , here's a song i might add in Mustang .. " Radar Love "
» YouTube video

Mustang Pro 039.JPG 170 KB

Mustang Pro 040.JPG 160 KB

Mustang Pro 042.JPG 173 KB

Looks like Stern is finally putting some modern boards in it's games. There's nothing back there.

#43 10 years ago

Thanks to SpeD , he sent me a link to a Rob Zombie song ,, " Black Sunshine " I like it , The Bass will sound Good blast-n thru the FF speaker Kit and the 10" sub that's on the way .. I'll work on getting a 3-ball game play on video..

#44 10 years ago

so you bought the dig daddy ff kit

#45 10 years ago

Put this in my STLE... awesome!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from little-italy:

so you bought the dig daddy ff kit

You mean the Big daddy Kit ,, Oh Yea ,, Only the Best !! You will get to See & Play it the 12th ..
It should be Here by Friday or Saturday

http://flipperfidelity.com/flipping-fantastic-big-10-inch-stern-speaker-system.html

FF Big 10 Inch.jpgFF Big 10 Inch.jpg

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

shaker & chrome Mirror Blades installed

Looking good BR!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Looking good BR!

Thank's brother ,, See ya @ my Pad ( soon ) ..

I have yet to get 6-ball multi .. I'm by Passing the multi-ball modes and try-n 2 build up for 6-ball . As soon as I feel i can do that , I'll film a video ..

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That pic looks like a shot of the stage of The Price Is Right during filming.

LOL .. Skip to 7:00 of the vid- ,, Drew was a Lil Hefty in 09 compared to Now

#50 10 years ago

Played it at TPF this year. Hardcore mustang fan, but this one is not my cup of tea. Maybe a few more games on it may change my mind.

Always something going on at B_R's garage...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pro-in-the-grg/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.