3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by d0n
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi folks my 2014 mustang pro has been acting up lately. At random (but often) times the game goes into ball search even though all 6 balls are in the trough. When it does play, sometimes the ball will just end while I'm still playing it. Other times it kicks an extra ball out during play... Although, I think that might actually be normal because it's during a certain mode ...but not sure?

I've removed the apron and the trough top. I had a look in the trough & nothing is in there messing up a switch. I tested each switch in the trough by rolling the balls over them and they always register in the test.

I'm not sure what else to do? It's really making this game unplayable... even if I can get a game started, the balls will sometimes end in the middle of play or an extra ball will pop into play etc etc etc.

Is this a known issue and what might I check next? Thanks!

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try putting all the balls in the trough, go into switch test, and leave it sit for awhile. See if one opens up.
LTG : )

thank u lloyd. i will try that.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Clean the connectors on the ball trough board. The vibrations there cause oxidation between the the header pins and connector pins. I put a super thin layer of dielectric grease on the pins and it solved the problem.

Thanks. So, yours did pretty much the same exact thing?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Clean the connectors on the ball trough board. The vibrations there cause oxidation between the the header pins and connector pins. I put a super thin layer of dielectric grease on the pins and it solved the problem.

this seems to have worked thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pro-ball-search-trough-issues?tu=d0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.