(Topic ID: 115051)

Mustang Premium. Why aren't they hitting the for sale market?

By 27dnast

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 194 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mustang topper.pdf (PDF preview)
69FordMustang-Mach1-428CJ-SCOOP.jpg
Calmer.jpeg
il_340x270.442357440_7a4m.jpg
image.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
image-287.jpg
image.jpg
M 6.JPG
M 5.JPG
bullitt-390clone-jpg_100175324_m.jpg
mustang.jpg
There are 194 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It is what it is. The Mustang License is still "new"...they've got 2 years left on it.

When the licence is up. Ford Motor Company most likely will not renew it. Ford holds on to their trademarked property very closely. If your company sells repo Mustang parts and Mustang is in the name of your company, Ford will be contacting you.
They went after the CFL team Calgary Stampeder's as their logo was a running horse (since 1967). Ford of Canada sponsored the CFL for many years with no complaints. Calgary changed their logo slightly to avoid the confusion. A pony car, a football team one would think that should be fine.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Not bashing Mustang at all. I think it PLAYS fine. I HATE the music choices, but could be changed with pinbrowser.
We bought 3 LE's initially and sold 1 to a customer that buys every LE they make. The other 2 have dust getting really thick on the boxes. I think we sold a total of 3 or 4 pros total.
In my experience, they haven't sold and that's why you don't see them in the used market. Die hard Mustang guys/gals that bought it won't sell it, and the theme was mostly a turn off to pinside.
Yes, it's pretty rare - premium will most likely be worth more than the LE in the long run. But ID4 is a pretty rare pin and rare doesn't always equal high price.

The music choices rock... you need to think of the Pop Culture theme... folks that grew up living 60/70s muscle car era goes with 60s/70s music. Its not a racing car game, its American Pop culture. The music fits.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I
Look, I get it that you like Mustang....and that people who own Mustang like Mustang. I think Mustang is a decent game....but I can find you just as many people who like their T3, Elvis, Family Guy, CSI, NBA, 24, X-Men, Avengers, Transformers, Rolling Stones, WPT, Avatar etc etc etc...

... and Attack From Mars, and WH20, Monster Bash, Addams, and LOTR, and ... so what games do you like?

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

The music choices rock... you need to think of the Pop Culture theme... folks that grew up living 60/70s muscle car era goes with 60s/70s music. Its not a racing car game, its American Pop culture. The music fits.

You get it.

The music is one of the reasons I like Mustang and find AC/DC grating.

#156 9 years ago

... and Attack from Mars, and WH20, Monster Bash, Addams, and LOTR, and ... so what games do you like?

I like almost everything! That's irrelevant to whether (insert game here) will become a future Vault Edition from a surge of delayed demand.

#157 9 years ago

Oh Premium owners - my LE came with a shaker, and it is really well integrated in the game. Every time there is a car rev sound you can feel it, plenty of other usage. Definitely something to consider.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Oh Premium owners - my LE came with a shaker, and it is really well integrated in the game. Every time there is a car rev sound you can feel it, plenty of other usage. Definitely something to consider.

Good to know. I have a shaker sitting around not doing its job. I'll install it tonight. Thanks!

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Agree. Shaker is a nice addition .

#160 9 years ago

It just seems wrong to me to have a shaker motor in a Mustang pinball machine WITHOUT having an actual Shaker hood scoop protruding out somewhere. Wrong I tell you!

69FordMustang-Mach1-428CJ-SCOOP.jpg69FordMustang-Mach1-428CJ-SCOOP.jpg
#161 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Shaker hood scoop protruding out somewhere

A small scale version sitting above the GEARS targets would be cool. A full size one could be made into an expensive topper.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

A full size one could be made into an expensive topper.

and have it shake and light up red inside every time the game shaker goes off.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

A full size one could be made into an expensive topper.

Certainly cheaper than the TZ slot machine topper!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey, it's actually easier than you might think. Just mount it to a couple of thin springs(kinda like a bobblehead) and hook up a few red LEDs inside of it that are tied to something on the playfield that reacts to the engine revving and boom! Done!

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This game has "VE" written all over it.

I'm curious to see what would happen if Stern would do a VE as an original Street Racing theme once the deal with Ford expires. Premium playfield, new artwork, no Ford/Mustang references in the dots and maybe throw in some of the left out code/modes after all. They may sell quite a few I guess...

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Certainly cheaper than the TZ slot machine topper!

Hey, it's actually easier than you might think. Just mount it to a couple of thin springs(kinda like a bobblehead) and hook up a few red LEDs inside of it that are tied to something on the playfield that reacts to the engine revving and boom! Done!

$249.00 US is the lowest priced one I could find (in less than 5 minutes), that's a repo, cast in metal. Just the top part. No Cobra Jet emblem, and no base. With a base $495 for a repo. Then you would have to make something for it to sit on. It is certainly do-able.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was thinking the same thing, with a red light. Except that in real life if you can see light or flames coming out of your Shaker you most likely have a timing and carb issue.

#168 9 years ago

I have a shaker in my pro. It fits the game well.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I was thinking the same thing, with a red light. Except that in real life if you can see light or flames coming out of your Shaker you most likely have a timing and carb issue.

That made me laugh. I've seen many a flame come out of the blower scoop out at Bonneville when they loaded it up with to much nitro out of the squirt bottle at start up. KA BOOM. One guy had to go back to the pits and have all what was left of his hair cut off. Luckly his hair grew back with no scaring.

1 week later
#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

It just seems wrong to me to have a shaker motor in a Mustang pinball machine WITHOUT having an actual Shaker hood scoop protruding out somewhere. Wrong I tell you!

69FordMustang-Mach1-428CJ-SCOOP.... 19 KB

I like Joe's custom topper better!

Mustang topper.pdfMustang topper.pdf
#171 9 years ago

Nice topper.

#172 9 years ago

Muchas gracias !!! Joe is great!

#173 9 years ago

Is their any video from the premium?

#174 9 years ago

I would love to get ANY model Mustang, but my limit would be around $3k. Almost thought about selling my car (67 cutlass) to finance one. Me and my son LOVES playing them. Problem is can't find them on location and when we do, it's usually in a bowling alley with the sound off/low.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is their any video from the premium?

The 3 guys that own one don't have a video camera.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

For a lady who doesn't like the game you sure do like to hang out in Mustang related threads...

#177 9 years ago

For a lady who doesn't like the game you sure do like to hang out in Mustang related threads...

Listen ma'am, it's one thread...ONE thread! Show me another mustang thread I've been in. This is a thread that asks "why aren't these turds selling?". I am answering the ops question. I do love ruffling your panties too though. You sure are a sensitive bunch of women.

Post edited by moderator: Play nice.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are you kidding....I have 14 dating all the way back to 2, 1984 Panasonic's with a 1/2inch High Band NUvicon single pickup tube in them.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You sure are a sensitive bunch of women.

That's only because "turds" like you have to come on here and act like a "jack ass".

#180 9 years ago

LOL...so be it. Just ribbing you guys...all 3 of you!

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL...so be it. Just ribbing you guys...all 3 of you!

Good, that means your done here....now go somewhere else and bother....I mean "rib" someone else.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good, that means your done here....now go somewhere else and bother....I mean "rib" someone else.

Well now I can't go with you being the jackass...

I'll give you another fact to chew on: It's Stern's worst seller since CSI.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yet it's still more fun then woz.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

There's nothing wrong with a game that promotes American pop culture as a theme, and even if the theme was the 'Teletubbies', it would still be a blast to play. Its a brilliantly designed game - table, hardware, and software-wise.

You must like other games... enlighten us to what's better - or comparable? Or better yet, just go away.

This has been a game that has grown in popularity and justly so. Its too bad you are missing out on all of the fun. You must be playing with... I mean, playing something else...

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So what, we like it. Now please leave.

#186 9 years ago

Interesting but can someone make a video?

#187 9 years ago

I really think this game is one of those best kept secrets in pinball as people are immediately turned off for the theme, me included. And yes the game feels like a complete turd if you keep the original music which give a bad first impression. But once you get over that and you actually play the game and progress, there is a lot of risk reward strategy and some really nice coding to make this an outstanding title. And thank god for pinball browser as this is one title where that nice little piece of software actually saves this machine. I am glad it didn't sell much as this might actually be one of those titles where it holds its value a little longer due to the rarity. Yes, the theme isn't the best but if you look at it from a pure pinball playing aspect IMO it is a solid title. It made me a believer enough to buy the game as I was adamant I would never own the title.

#188 9 years ago

It's really cool that the premium has a unique playfield. It should end up being the most limited edition.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

the original music which give a bad first impression

The original music is not terrible. It could of been better, I will agree to that. They had 50 years of Sony music to choose from and Stern and Ford agreed on, and even then 2 songs are from 1 band.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This is a thread that asks "why aren't these turds selling?". I am answering the ops question.

No, you definitely did not answer the original poster's question. The OP asked why he isn't seeing any Mustang premiums being sold on the used market by their original purchasers yet. Most new Sterns start showing up for resale a few months after they come out, but not Mustang premium. You see HUO Mustang pros come up for sale fairly often, but I believe that the great majority of the relatively few people who purchased Mustang premium NIB popped the extra dough for premium over pro because they viewed it as a keeper right from the start (me included).

Quoted from pins4life33:

I am glad it didn't sell much as this might be one of those titles that holds its value due to the rarity.

If Mustang premium game production is a small number and they hardly ever come up for sale (as noted by the OP), then it looks like a pretty nice game to have.

#191 9 years ago

I've been watching and waiting for a premium to come up for sale. Finally just sold the pro and bit the bullet and bought a new premium. This really is a fun game. Completely different than any other game in the line up. I just wish I could pay someone to put different songs in it. I just don't have the time or patients to swap songs.

#192 9 years ago

looking for a boss for a friend. I guess he can expect to pay over $6K?

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

looking for a boss for a friend. I guess he can expect to pay over $6K?

Yes.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yet it's still more fun then woz.

Yep!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 194 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-premium-why-arent-they-hitting-the-for-sale-market/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.